Star Tours moving to TomorrowLand

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Honestly some insiders/CM's keep a low profile. They are on this Forum for the pleasure of conversing about WDW. They may not want to be identified and I don't think it's mine or anyone else's place to point them out. Unless they choose to come forward on their own. The forum should be pleased to have CM's here but it seems ( like in the parks) CM's are not always appreciated. Just my 2 cents

Not to mention Disney probably monitors this forum and is obsessive about employees discussing certain company business on social media and discussion boards.

ThemeParkJunkee

After skimming this thread and seriously thinking about what to do about Star Tours, I do not want to see it moved anywhere. It belongs in a Movie themed park more than Galaxy's Edge does. "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge" will not be in any movie any of us will ever see. They can easily (and have been) add scenes as new movies are released and keep it relevant to the movie canon separate from the new Star Wars area which can be a continuation of story, not in movie format.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
After skimming this thread and seriously thinking about what to do about Star Tours, I do not want to see it moved anywhere. It belongs in a Movie themed park more than Galaxy's Edge does. "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge" will not be in any movie any of us will ever see. They can easily (and have been) add scenes as new movies are released and keep it relevant to the movie canon separate from the new Star Wars area which can be a continuation of story, not in movie format.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Batuu, the plant Galaxy's Edges is on, show up in one of the upcoming movies, probably Episode 9.

Even if it doesn't, Galaxy's Edge still allows us to enter the world of the Star Wars movies even though it doesn't contain locations or events directly from the movies.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Outside chance ST could be connected to SW:GE which makes sense. ST can serve a lot of guest per hour and perfect entrance to the new land.

Agreed, I haven't seen updated maps, but I think they could possibly make an entrance around the back of Star Tours past the Muppets area to reach the SW:GE area. It seems to be the way they're going since now on Star Tours you end up there as the last destination.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Rumors and speculation make the world go 'round. Maybe Disney doesn't know yet that Disney is going to move it in the future. How Tomorrowland of them.

While 'rumors' can have several connotations, in these forums 'rumors' are meant to be things heard and reported by insiders. People with real sources (or, are a source themself). Not just unsourced and anonymous wish fulfillment or suppositions that get spread around by "them" and "one hears...".

So, here, 'rumors' are very different than speculation. Speculation doesn't belong the the rumors and news forum. Sourced rumors, though, do.

smile

New discussion forum, then. Titled "Wild, Rampant, Baseless Rumors Repeatedly Shot Down by Experts and Insiders - But. Won't. Die" :D

yeah, a dumping ground could work...
then folks could check there after they hear some random jazz and immediately know there's nothing to it.

gets grey when site news intermingles with rumor and (insider) rumor in the same space - but also provided are many ways one can differentiate if they choose to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom