Star Tours II - Secrets, Tributes, Remnants

Captain Hank

I finally found the Mighty Microscope! It's in the Death Star ending, on the left side of the screen just after C-3P0 says "I know exactly what I'm doing!"

Salty-

In the original, whilst being caught in the Star Destroyer's tractor beam, the X-wing pilot says "Star Tours - What are you doing here? This is a combat zone. It's restricted. Ease off on your main thruster."

On Hoth, in the Adventures Continue, the snowspeeder pilot says "Star Tours - This is a restricted area. What are you doing here? Stay clear of the combat zone."

packwingfn

Scanner droid says This job is alot better than say...fix broken droids all day. Obviously a tribute to what he will eventually do in the Star Tours Universe.

KevinYee

Original Poster
Chime is there on the safety video (beginning and end).

Bad feeling... hm. Not sure. I kinda think C3PO says it at one point, but I didn't write that down. I shall do so the next time so we know where to look.

I really like what they did with Captain Rex making him "defective" that's pretty clever. Is it one of the old Animatronics from the original or is it a brand new one?

mewhunter67

Ugh, yes, he says I've got a very bad feeling about this, but I'm not sure where.

I believe it's when the starspeeder begins its careening run through the deathstar in that ending.

Of course, it's also one of the random phrases broken Rex also spurts out from his old repertoire.

Btw, this is more just for my confirmation, than noting its existence; there is a ship in both of the beginnings, seen right before massive movement (dodging/hypserspeed) in the top left corners. It has a design style much like that of a TRON nature. I noticed it just today. Anyone have any idea what it might be or if it is possibly some random TRON plug?

mewhunter67

I really like what they did with Captain Rex making him "defective" that's pretty clever. Is it one of the old Animatronics from the original or is it a brand new one?

I wouldn't doubt each one of them there (2 or 3 I think) is just an old one that has been re purposed. long live captain rex! (I always felt he was misunderstood)

Thrill Seeker

Haven't heard yet... is there any "I've got a bad feeling about this?"

or, better yet... the Star Tours chime?

In the Death Star/Boba Fett ending, C-3PO says the iconic Star Wars line that appears in every single film.

There are a bunch of lines and easter eggs from the old attraction in various segments that I am now willing to share...

In the Naboo ending as you are trying to land, 3PO says "Breaks, breaks, where are the breaks!" like in the beginning of the original when you almost crash after takeoff.

In the Tatooine detour, he mentions that he "always wanted to do this" in regards to podracing, similarly to how Rex always wanted to fly through the trenches in the Death Star.

In the Hoth Detour, a friendly rebel pilot asks "Star Tours, what are you doing here? This is a combat zone!" Not exactly in that order, but similarly to how a pilot asked in the original.

The yellow tanker you almost crashed into at the end of the original makes a cameo appearance in the Courasant ending as you land.

That's all I'm gonna give you know. There's a lot more and I'm still trying to pick up on some of the ones I've heard about, but haven't seen.

Thrill Seeker

Another one not mentioned yet that is interesting is that in the queue, there is a call out for passenger Mot Worrom. Flip that around and you get... Tom Morrow.

Bravo 229

In one of the video segments in the first queue room, they mention you could see 'Fantasy in the Sky' fireworks nightly at one of the destinations. Could this possibly be a reference to the former fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom?

WDITrent

Really minor, but in the original, Rex said "Brakes...brakes...where are the brakes?!" at the beginning in the hangar. At the end he just screamed, "Braaaaaaaaakes!"

WDITrent

Thanks so much for putting this together and keeping track of it so well. It's really fun to look forward to finding these when I ride.

ah533

The first time we rode it everybody in my group thought we noticed a reference to a classic SNL sketch. At the end of the ride when Ali San San says "Buh Bye" it sounds like just when David Spade and Helen Hunt played the annoyed flight attendants and kept saying "Buh Bye" to people on the plane.

Maybe it was not meant to be a reference but it is for us :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom