Star Tours - How wild?

Darcy

Original Poster
I can get motion sick and do NOT like roller coasters but I have ridden simulor rides before and enjoyed them.

This ride is just a simulor not a simulor AND roller coaster right?

How does it compare to Mission Space at Epcot? There are the 2 versions of that one, wild and mild.

What about compared to Spiderman ride at Universal?

I love star wars as does my 6 year old and we are trying to decide if we should try it.

THANKS for the help!

DisneyMusician2

I've never done Spiderman, but ST is MUCH tamer than M:S. It is not a coaster by any means, although the seats do move back and forth a bit as they do in most simulators.

If you feel yourself getting sick, closing your eyes always helps. It tends to take away a lot of the stimulus of the ride.

Hope this helped!

H20Babie

You'll be fine on ST. It is very similar to Spiderman and the now extinct Back to the Future rides at Universal.

Disneykidder

ST is very tame. My 3 1/2 year old was allowed to ride it. MS is totally different. I have never been on Spiderman, but ST is fine.:)

kc1296426

I agree with the posters above me, you should be fine on Star Tours. Unlike Spiderman, you actually physically stay in one place but you are still in a simulator that still moves and whatnot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you ever rode Body Wars, ST isn`t as rough, and as said above is nowhere near even M:S Green.

A hint if you like; aim to sit in the center rows (ask the CM when you line up outside the holding area doors) - you won`t experience as much vertical motion in these seats. The back row corners are probably the roughest.

Craig & Lisa

For me the only way I can ride it is to take the motion sickness meds. Otherwise if I don't give it enough time to kick in I end up with the toilet tap dance. However if you feel like you might feel like you may start to get sick just don't look at the screen that helps me all the time.:animwink:

mickeymaniacs

I rode ST and I have inner ear problems so my balance gets messed up but I didn't have any real problems on this I did get a little dizzy at the hyperspeed part but I just looked at the robot and within 2 seconds it was gone and it wasn't severe it was just a little flash for a second then I was fine. My son rode this last year and he was only 7 and had no problems he loves it. I think it's a fun ride and you should be ok. The seats aren't dramatically throwing you around either. I think the queue area is awesome. Have fun:wave:

disney21

If you love star wars, then you've got to do ST! Besides if you don't try it you might regret your decision... It's just a lot of fun:wave:

jestrfyl

Mild - very mild. The "3-D" effects may put you off a little, but there is very little actual motion. The storyline is fun, the 'droid is amusing, and the gift shop is great if you are looking for anyone hoping to join the Rebel Alliance (or the Dark Side). Definitely a "pg" rated ride. Enjoy it - but leave your light saber disarmed and safely under your seat.

StingraySam

This is a simulator ride very similar to the old Back To The Future ride at Universal Studios but with a small screen. Niether my son or I like roller coasters but we will ride Star Tours all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom