Stanza XVI: The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 7 Finale

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Oh yea for sure - plus I think it would make a great attraction!

@Tegan pilots a chicken I know likes SA history - I made this in Season 4 for the Six Flags prompt, when Superman flew in that movie it reminded me of a ride - so that's what I tried to capture!

4769597633302288193%253Faccount_id%253D9

Inspired by the 2013 film Man of Steel, this attraction will be added to the Yukon Territory as one of Six Flags first Disney-level 'mountain' attractions called Look To The Stars. Standing 130 feet above the grounds of the park, the mountain hides the film version of the 'Fortress of Solitude', being a crashed Kryptonian ship in the Arctic. Transitioning from the greater Yukon Territory land, guests walk into these snowy peaks to discovery their hero journey.

With this attraction, the short and duplicated Superman: Ultimate Flight, will be re-designed to a Bayou coaster themed to New Orleans (as it should be in Orleans Place)
7114990745659529281%253Faccount_id%253D9

Most of the queue for Look To The Stars is within the crashed Arctic Kryptonian ship. Upon boarding the ship, a command is gases the room with Kryptonian air, and as you breathe it in you become more and more Kryptonian. As you continue to walk-around the ship, you see Clark Kent and Jor-El in animatronic form in the distance, saying that Clark will give the people of earth an ideal to strive towards; an ideal for hope. Queued further, a planetarium style pre-show depicts the history of Krypton.

Patents and Design
689292109774519136%253Faccount_id%253D9

1. Centroid Application - the IMAX 3D projection screen has the ability to pinpoint 2D locations and project them on screen. This will come in handy for the augmented reality portions of the experience.
2. Cross-Section Rotation - the Kryptonian arm that the guests are attached to has the ability for more enhanced motion techniques than ever before, tilting guests up and down almost from a standing position, into a flying position, as well as forward and back and other circuitous rotations.
3. Augmented Motion - at one point in the experience, you have the capability to punch and motion with your arms and eyes towards objects on screen. The augmented reality then blasts laser beams out of your eyes, just like Superman, as well as the screen and visceral effects reacting if you punch General Zod.
4. Integrated Boundaries - as mentioned before in the cross-section rotations segment, this attraction has more enhanced motion than any simulator attraction Disney has ever done. With more motion calculations and maneuvers than even a KUKA arm, this is truly a unique and wholesome endeavor for guests of Six Flags Great America.

Attraction Experience

Timestamp Descriptions
0:00 - 0:26: The Death of Krypton and the Birth of Superman (from Pre-Show finale)
---
0:27 - 1:03: Loading Music; guests board in their Kryptonian armor which enables them to take in the rays of the earth's younger sun, and fly with Superman. The seating arrangement is as such. You are locked in to two harnesses, one lap restraint and another over the shoulder restraint, and as the experience begins, the arm rotates into a flying position and ready for liftoff.
---
1:04 - 1:39: You lift off sending shock waves around the arctic and launch off into the atmosphere. The augmented motion enables the guests to feel the sensation of flying through the centroid IMAX screen technology combined with the 3D effects of wind and clouds that make for an incredibly immersive experience.
---
1:40 - 1:50: Approximated from actual length, General Zod of the fallen Krypton is called to earth after you activated the Kryptonian ship in the Arctic, and begins to terraform the earth into Krypton with the World Engine.
---
1:51 - 2:13: Flying around low earth orbit, you head towards the World Engine over the Indian Ocean, and swoop down through the clouds only to be suffocated by the World Engine's gravitational pull, and smoky block of the sun, sending you twirling down to the ground.
---
2:14 - 2:53: Tentacles launch out of the World Engine and chase you around the terraforming smog, as you gasp for air and energy, the tentacles latch onto you and hurl you towards the ocean.
---
2:54 - 3:33: Using all of your might, you and Superman fly up the World Engine's beam and destroy it, before flying halfway around the world back to Metropolis to the opposing ship, and saving Lois before she falls from the ship.
---
3:34 - 4:07: Angered, General Zod zooms towards you and Superman in an epic battle through Metropolis, until you take Zod, along with Superman's help, and fly him into outer-space and towards the earth's moon, and directly into the phantom zone. This scene heavily involves the augmented reality where you can punch your way to Zod while flying in the air alongside Superman and beam him to Superman who takes him into outer space.
---
4:08 - 4:52: Having saved the day, you fly around the earth with the booming Hans Zimmer score in the background, and return to the Arctic Kryptonian ship.
---
4:53 - 5:15: Unload/Exit Music. The arms retreat to their original standing positions and you are able to​

This is awesome!! And yes, I do love me some SA history!! Thank you for sharing!

And, I actually did like Man of Steel. Not “top 10” status but I enjoyed it for what it was!

ThemeParkPriest

So, how's everyone doing? Everyone's projects coming along well?
Well, it’s coming along alright. With the final few days like the following, I need to seriously get to work:

Wednesday—Final Draft
Thursday day—Field Research
Thursday night—Edit based on research; submit project
Friday (while everyone is finishing theirs off)—an amusement park
Saturday—another amusement park ( (first ride is right about when the results are announced) :)

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Well, it’s coming along alright. With the final few days like the following, I need to seriously get to work:

Wednesday—Final Draft
Saturday—another amusement park ( (first ride is right about when the results are announced) :)
Sounds like a fun weekend!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 552165
You're sure about that?
Pictured: B Wolf analyzing my posts
1619477856529.png

Wednesday—Final Draft
Oooooohhhhhh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom