Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

PurpleRose

I'm thrilled that BatB doesn't seem to be getting downsized or changing. I would hope that it would get even more attention but that is just fangirl fantasy. Neverland would be awesome but Lee and Juan have already nixed. Something someone did say has stuck out in my mind a lot. I would love to see a Sleeping Beauty ride based around Philip fighting Dragon Maleficent. I've got my fingers crossed on something being along those lines.

Juan and Lee, thanks for the info that you are able to pass along. You guys are great.

juan

2hdxxdl.jpg

So, is my map correct? Is the purple and yellow the areas where new things can go?

your map is backwards

FLE West is the Blue, Red, and Yellow areas
FLE East is the Green area

nothing is happening in Purple

lebeau

I'm thrilled that BatB doesn't seem to be getting downsized or changing. I would hope that it would get even more attention but that is just fangirl fantasy. Neverland would be awesome but Lee and Juan have already nixed. Something someone did say has stuck out in my mind a lot. I would love to see a Sleeping Beauty ride based around Philip fighting Dragon Maleficent. I've got my fingers crossed on something being along those lines.

Juan and Lee, thanks for the info that you are able to pass along. You guys are great.

BatB is probably my favorite Disney film. The more it gets, the better IMO.

PurpleRose

BatB is probably my favorite Disney film. The more it gets, the better IMO.

I 100% agree with you. It's my favorite Disney film too. I will be so excited to see the finished product for it in the expansion. I'm crossing my fingers for more but that's out of greed. :)

lebeau

I 100% agree with you. It's my favorite Disney film too. I will be so excited to see the finished product for it in the expansion. I'm crossing my fingers for more but that's out of greed. :)

I'll be happy if what was announced gets built and lives up to my expectations. Anything else is gravy. But in this case, I think greed is good. Nice avatar, btw.

PurpleRose

I'll be happy if what was announced gets built and lives up to my expectations. Anything else is gravy. But in this case, I think greed is good. Nice avatar, btw.

Thanks! Took a bit to size it so that it could be seen well. I am very curious about Gaston's tavern. Wonder if it will serve beer? Beer in MK? Curious.

lebeau

Thanks! Took a bit to size it so that it could be seen well. I am very curious about Gaston's tavern. Wonder if it will serve beer? Beer in MK? Curious.

Reportedly, no. And some people have made a stink about it in various threads here. Me, I'm cool with it. I'm just looking forward to the antlers. Hopefully there will also be a spittoon!

MissK

Reportedly, no. And some people have made a stink about it in various threads here. Me, I'm cool with it. I'm just looking forward to the antlers. Hopefully there will also be a spittoon!
If the place isn't COATED in antlers I will most definitely be making a fuss :ROFLOL:

PurpleRose

Ah boo. :) I don't think it's that big of a deal about the no beer. They can just as easily put in sasparilla or regular root beer as a substitute. There better be antlers in all the decorating. And even a frog mounted on the wall. :ROFLOL:

lebeau

If the place isn't COATED in antlers I will most definitely be making a fuss :ROFLOL:

You won't be alone. Forget the mob scene at the end of the movie. I'll start gathering pitchforks faster than you can say "Kill the beast!"

Ah boo. :) I don't think it's that big of a deal about the no beer. They can just as easily put in sasparilla or regular root beer as a substitute. There better be antlers in all the decorating. And even a frog mounted on the wall. :ROFLOL:

I want to order something in a mug. In fact, that's probably what I will order. "Give me something in a mug!"

EmperorMilenko

I want to order something in a mug. In fact, that's probably what I will order. "Give me something in a mug!"

It's Gaston's Tavern....there better be antlers and mugs. I can do without the spitting though. And again, thanks to Lee and Juan for all your info and foresight :wave:

RSoxNo1

I think there's a better chance that Gaston's tavern serves Butterbeer than Actual Beer.

Also, could that be getting the axe?

Grizzly Hall 71

And the winner for most talked about topic on the forums goes to: Staggs announcement about the changes coming to FLE. lol

From what I've read from jaun and lee about hints it will be a ride (I think). Now all that matters now is what type (dark ride, roller coaster, something better), what will be the theme (princess, pan, alice, mattehorn sike lol), and when it will be announced.

The rest of this year should be an interesting year for Disney.

jt04

What a great thread! I want to thank juan and Lee for fanning the flames of our fanboy excitement. I've been hanging around here for a while now, and have come to count on a handful of folks for some "insider info". This is all gravy to me since I have no inside connection.

One thing I do have is a pretty fair ability to use deductive reading. Beyond that, my intuitions about matters I am able to think through usually seems to be on target.

I say all that to say that:
1) obviously 66% of FLE is in flux. (hat tip to Lee) Define "flux". Staggs has and it is not as you are representing here.
2) when the plans are solid a great majority of us are going to be happy Steve will be happy, I will be happy and those who were pleased with the original announcement will be happy. For everyone else the jury is out.
3) a new dark ride/coaster is coming (sorry jt... gotta go with the pros on this one) Lee has only indicated the stuff he thinks is being cut, he has not said a new coaster/dark ride is coming. Perhaps you could link that quote and educate me.
4) TDO needs to quit screwing around and get itself in gear because 2012/13 will be here before you know it! Glendale is running this project. How many times does that need to be repeated?.

That's about all you got right. So you are impersonating Lee's parrot now I guess.

And the winner for most talked about topic on the forums goes to: Staggs announcement about the changes coming to FLE. lol

From what I've read from jaun and lee about hints it will be a ride (I think). Now all that matters now is what type (dark ride, roller coaster, something better), what will be the theme (princess, pan, alice, mattehorn sike lol), and when it will be announced.

Please provide those Lee quotes please. Because he has been beyond vague about anything new, only about was he thinks is being eliminated. Only to be exceeded by juan's utter non-information spin-fest. The problem here is that some folks shot off their mouths without a clue and now they are panicked they are about to be exposed as posers. So, in this instance they have to so muddy the waters that they think they won't be called on it later. At least Lee has stopped digging the hole he is in. Juan doesn't seem to be able to help himself. :lol:

The rest of this year should be an interesting year for Disney.

No, we pretty much know all that there is to be known. We only need the details as to what they changed on the "fringes".

JustInTime

I think there are 3 films that may do well as a ride for the new FL.

Pinocchio (obvious choice)

Princess and the Frog (least likely)

Tangled (most likely)

If the movie does well, I would think they would consider adding Tangled to the park. However, Pinocchio would be so amazing.

EDIT: Add Wonderland into the mix, even if it is slightly girly.

huntzilla

I'm going to take my shot at guessing. Juan states that he likes FLE west but not east. He also said it would be already there franchises. Well FLE west is essentially already set, BatB as well as LM is over there. Originally, there was a rumor about a BatB dark ride. I think that they are going to do a BatB, potentially the old one or possibly a new one, to go along with the restaurant. This makes sense because a dark rides are not very expensive plus it would make everyone happy. FLE east on the other hand I'm not too sure. Perhaps it would be that TTF is staying and he isn't a fan. Maybe they are moving a centralized M&G area here, or just downsizing pixie hollow and not using the space to its maximizing potential, ie. expansion pad.

For my off the wall theory. Juan put Lilo and Stitch in his list of potential franchies to be used. Maybe they are going to remove Stitch from SGE and puting a new L&S ride in FLE making him both happy and angered at the same time. That's all I got for now.

I hope I'm on the right track at least in some way, Juan. I'd also like to say, I DO appreciate you giving us some hope and assurance, even if you can't spill you guts.

Also, care to elaborate more on the Iceberg? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom