Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

TheBeatles

i really hope this change in direction does not result is hurried attractions and design. that is my only major concern.

that said, this is brilliant news. i like what tom is doing so far. the quote about adding attractions was incredibly vague, but promising.

Shaman

:lookaroun

Well...I like the Neverland speculation. There's a lot they can do with that, plus its easy to fit with the surroundings (perhaps somewhere next to Mermaid). That said, I like the Villains speculation more. There is so much that can be done with the villains, and there isn't a park where such an attraction fits more than at MK (its a flexible concept, and you can envision events and celebrations centering on the different Villains).

How about an actual attraction starring Mickey Mouse?

:wave:

cheezbat

you know, for all of the people bashing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I honestly think you guys are so completely lost in Disney that you can't realize when something else amazing opens elsewhere. I've been an avid Disney and theme park fan for many years...and lately I've been leaning more towards Universal on this side of the country, since they keep spending the money on adding attractions to keep me coming back, whereas WDW hasn't been doing much. TWWOHP is the new standard...and something I would expect from Disney, not Universal. I'm very excited to see what other expansions they have planned. Oh, and I am NOT one of those avid Potter fans...I never read the books and have only seen the movies once, but the area really impressed me.

Now I think the FLE will look very nice, and I'm glad there's going to be a new dark ride, but there's got to be more for your money. I'm so glad Tom Staggs has stepped in and is looking into reworking the FLE...I know it's going to be better (at least in my opinion) than what it originally was.

Oh and as for attendance...the MK is busy as always....Epcot DEAD, Studios less busy, and Animal Kingdom DEAD. I know Potter has made a dent...maybe not a HUGE one, but a dent in Disney's wallet nonetheless. I've been over to Universal a few times in the past weeks as well, and IOA very busy, and Universal still busy as well!

I'm glad there's still some competition in Orlando.

muteki

i really hope this change in direction does not result is hurried attractions and design. that is my only major concern.

that said, this is brilliant news. i like what tom is doing so far. the quote about adding attractions was incredibly vague, but promising.

Given how WDI likes to design tons of attractions that never see the light of day, or if they do, do so years later, makes me think that even if whatever attraction is added at the last minute, it would have been sitting on the shelf good to go for a while.

They seem to have buckets and buckets of plans that never get made. Maybe this is the chance they can actually implement one of them.

DisneyNut2007

Remember, it was all started by a "Lee"

We are cutting edge here at wdwmagic dude. :lol:

You're commiting treason, JT! :mad:

I thought you hated Lee... :cry:

Also, everybody needs to stop asking for too much and be thankful that we're getting ANY improvements at WDW at all!

BestVacation

Narnia would attract MANY

I think a Narnia ride in the Fantasyland addition would be a great! It would attract many older kids (especially boys) and adults. It could also be used to promote future Narnia films since I believe more movies are due to come out. This could rival the Harry Potter area at Universal if they do it well enough. I also think a Cars attraction (area) woud be good to replace Mickey's Toontown although I think plans are already set for that area.

Grizzly Hall 71

I think a Narnia ride in the Fantasyland addition would be a great! It would attract many older kids (especially boys) and adults. It could also be used to promote future Narnia films since I believe more movies are due to come out. This could rival the Harry Potter area at Universal if they do it well enough. I also think a Cars attraction (area) woud be good to replace Mickey's Toontown although I think plans are already set for that area.

I think Disney isn't doing anymore of the movies. I think FOX took over. Some falling out between Walden Media and them. So only the first 2 films I think could be represented.

Captain Chaos

A bit more while I'm still up...

I would be VERY surprised. Not unhappy, though...
Problem is, the SW coaster was conceptualized to sit right in the middle of what will now be M&G land. Makes no sense to build it away from the SW dark ride.

All true.

Nah.

WAY off on those odds, sir....

Of course...they were at Disney World.

I'm thinking...not so much...

I'm hoping nobody has to sit through that...

You're mistaken. The M&Gs, if built as in the original plan, will have tremendous lines due to tiny capacity. They would be a victim of their own popularity with the stroller set. (Hence all the handwringing from the operations folks...)

Now THAT would be M&G even I would go see...:lol:

Hey, that's all I like at the MK, and I'm usually quite happy there.
(Well....replace Space Ranger Snooze with the World Famous Jungle Cruise...)
But then again...I haven't been a little boy for a couple decades now...

See, this is why I'm not an odds maker... Daggit, no Neverland... Made too much sense maybe??

So, given that the hint is already around, they reopened Captain EO and will now BUY the rides from Neverland Ranch and open a new land that appeals to young boys.

Er... um... could happen....

Complete with Jesus Juice.. the only beverage that can complete with butterbeer.... And probably more widely known.. :lol:

Captain Chaos

I think Disney isn't doing anymore of the movies. I think FOX took over. Some falling out between Walden Media and them. So only the first 2 films I think could be represented.

you are correct... See, it happens once in a while LOL.. Disney no longer has the rights to the Narnia movies... and it is a shame too cause Dawn Treader looks AWESOME!!!!

DisneyParksFan1

He's fulfilling the prophecy, one day someone would come and put some fire into WDW.

An excerpt from the prophecy:

"When all hope is lost at 'Most Magical Place on Earth', the TomStaggetizer shall overthrow the evil JayRasulizer, and fill the skies of the "world" with hope and Fantasy Forests."

Yeah, I think he's fitting the bill just fine so far!:king:

PeoplemoverTTA

The more I think about a Kingdom Keepers attraction, the more I think it's a perfect fit for FLE. In addition to the points I mentioned way earlier in this thread, it fits some additional criteria people are looking for....

-It's a franchise (albeit a book franchise) that is huge on villains! It would essentially be a villains ride (coaster, maybe...but wouldn't it be an awesome use of the Tokyo Pooh technology?), which so many people have demanded for so long. The master villains of the series are Chernabog and Maleficent, how cool would it be to have your "hunny pot" on a tour with Finn of a new WDW attraction (the main characters of the stories are hologram guides in the parks), and we encounter a bunch of crazy villains, making the tour go awry. The finale could be a run-in with none other than Maleficent herself (how about a cool AA, please?)!

-While it's a successful book franchise (and could make for some awesome movies...so much potential), the average guest would recognize the characters in the attraction, because they're FROM all the movies and attractions...the attraction could help build the franchise even more, which could in turn fuel the attraction...(and the cycle continues). There wouldn't be any trouble driving guests to this attraction, because it's new (of course), and because the characters are easily recognizable. It would please book geeks, WDW fanbois, and the average guest alike (imho, of course :lol:)

It's funny, Iger has talked in the past about franchises, and here's a franchise that is both established in its own right, yet features a plethora of characters who are also parts of their own established franchises. Add to it the biggest franchise of all, and really a character in the books - the parks themselves, and it just seems like such a good fit...

I's funny, I was talking about this thread to my sister earlier, and this idea, to my sister, who has never read the books (and is a 32 year old librarian, who knows a ton of tweens who love them). Not having read the books, she thought it sounded cool. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. I'm not really one for speculating on these types of threads, but I just think this would be so cool if it were part of the FLE. End of ramble :eek:

danstadnik

Just curious, and sorry if I'm showing my ignorance...
Is there any possibility of an attraction coming to FLE that while based in the world of knights, princesses, dragons, etc... It would NOT be based on any existing Disney franchise?
I think most folks favorite Disneyparks attractions have NO tie-ins to anything other than imagination. I'd love to see what WDI has cooked up that's fresh and not a way for more... gulp, I hate to say this word...SYNERGY...:hurl:

mp2bill

Nothing we didn't know already, but glad to see it's finally been announced.

This is the paragraph that gives me hope:

"Staggs said planners are also reviewing the Fantasyland expansion with an eye toward blending “aspirational rides” — rides that offer thrills or tension — with attractions designed for guests of all ages. And he said they want to ensure that the additions are flexible and can be updated or adapted over time."

Wait and see what unfolds is the best we can do now I guess. And hope.

I like the sound of that quote.

Grizzly Hall 71

you know, for all of the people bashing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I honestly think you guys are so completely lost in Disney that you can't realize when something else amazing opens elsewhere. I've been an avid Disney and theme park fan for many years...and lately I've been leaning more towards Universal on this side of the country, since they keep spending the money on adding attractions to keep me coming back, whereas WDW hasn't been doing much. TWWOHP is the new standard...and something I would expect from Disney, not Universal. I'm very excited to see what other expansions they have planned. Oh, and I am NOT one of those avid Potter fans...I never read the books and have only seen the movies once, but the area really impressed me.

Now I think the FLE will look very nice, and I'm glad there's going to be a new dark ride, but there's got to be more for your money. I'm so glad Tom Staggs has stepped in and is looking into reworking the FLE...I know it's going to be better (at least in my opinion) than what it originally was.

Oh and as for attendance...the MK is busy as always....Epcot DEAD, Studios less busy, and Animal Kingdom DEAD. I know Potter has made a dent...maybe not a HUGE one, but a dent in Disney's wallet nonetheless. I've been over to Universal a few times in the past weeks as well, and IOA very busy, and Universal still busy as well!

I'm glad there's still some competition in Orlando.

This has been what I've been trying to say all throughout this thread but no one wants to hear that another place other than Disney is doing good.

I sense fear in the "I hate everything but Disney" fans. That's why they keep mentioning the FLE.

But be warned my friend. Your not allowed to enjoy both WDW and Uni on these boards. The "900 or more post" club won't like that and they are the experts here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom