Staggs resigns

Quinnmac000

Ehh with every good thing comes bad things. Nowadays Kids no longer have to lung 50 lbs of books on their backs because its all on a tablet which leads to less back problems later on but now you have social media. Parents and kids also no longer have the excuse of my dog ate my homework when the work can be done on an iPhone or tablet. Despite the negatives, there are a lot of positives which can be used to outweigh. If little Timmy falls into a well or gets kidnapped thanks to phones/tablets/smart devices with built in gps you have a chance at finding them compared to before.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Our boys that are turning 13 don't have cell phones. That's the equivalent of being a freak show anomaly around here. They'll be just fine and will be able to function in this world. We actually have the school encouraging bring your own technology for our kindergartener's class. 5 and 6 year olds bringing iPads to school is absurd to me.

That any parent, much less a school, would even consider giving a 5 year old an electronic device is absolutely insane. I remember how coordinated I wasn't when I was 5. It was all I could do to not tip over the wagon we'd use to bring back milk cartons from the cafeteria for our morning snack in kindergarten. And then there was the time I got my foot stuck in the spokes of my tricycle. Adult me can only imagine what 5 year old me would have done to a $600 iPad....

lazyboy97o

Ehh with every good thing comes bad things. Nowadays Kids no longer have to lung 50 lbs of books on their backs because its all on a tablet which leads to less back problems later on but now you have social media. Parents and kids also no longer have the excuse of my dog ate my homework when the work can be done on an iPhone or tablet. Despite the negatives, there are a lot of positives which can be used to outweigh. If little Timmy falls into a well or gets kidnapped thanks to phones/tablets/smart devices with built in gps you have a chance at finding them compared to before.
Before mobile devices it was television that was making us antisocial. Before that the radio. Before that telephones. Before that newspapers. Before that it was pamphlets. Before that it was the theater. Despite this apparent antisocial addiction it is those who are younger who are desiring more dense living where they aren't physically removed from others, where copious amounts of time are not wasted alone in a car moving from isolated activity to isolated activity.

Mike S

Before mobile devices it was television that was making us antisocial. Before that the radio. Before that telephones. Before that newspapers. Before that it was pamphlets. Before that it was the theater. Despite this apparent antisocial addiction it is those who are younger who are desiring more dense living where they aren't physically removed from others, where copious amounts of time are not wasted alone in a car moving from isolated activity to isolated activity.
My problem isn't really that's it's making people anti social. I just find it incredibly weird when parents get these expensive devices for small children. They're asking for something bad to happen.

VJ

I'm smelling a new opportunity for WDWMagic...a dating service. ;)

"Have you been searching for that magic and Happily Ever After? Want to find that soul mate who is as obsessed with everything Disney as you are? Then join WDWMagic's new service, WDWMagicHarmony. And find that perfect person to Disney Bound with forever."
DHarmony. :D

DisneyGentleman

So we're talking re-theming Expedition Everest to Ghostbusters? :rolleyes:
Time for the "Retheme-athon"

Hall of Presidents to iHop, brought to you by Apple
Enchanted Tiki Room, brought to you by Angry Birds
Imagination to Degeneration, brought to you by the Arthritis Foundation
SpaceBalls Earth, brought to you by Mel Brooks
Mexico, surrounded by the Wall
Big Thunder Mountain, brought to you by Lactaid
The Blackboard Jungle Cruise
The Haunted Mansion, brought to you by Donald Trump

I could go on...

syntaxerror

I think its ridiculous to say that everything Iger has done has been short-term.

The acquisitions of Marvel and Lucasfilm will benefit the company for the long-term. These massive IP's are not generational but transcendental, and will allow the company to reap benefits long into the future. The idea of acquisitions is long-term benefit.

Disney will struggle to find a better CEO than Iger; someone who controls a company that is constantly growing in size and able to effectively delineate responsibility to strong creative minds whilst handling the very important financial transactions that ensure the company is profitable and sustainable.

Compare Disney before him and where it is now. To say he hasn't been a massive improvement is pretty blasphemous imo. Rising ticket prices are unfortunate of course, but with the state of the economy + the demand it is perfectly reasonable.

Cesar R M

I'm smelling a new opportunity for WDWMagic...a dating service. ;)

"Have you been searching for that magic and Happily Ever After? Want to find that soul mate who is as obsessed with everything Disney as you are? Then join WDWMagic's new service, WDWMagicHarmony. And find that perfect person to Disney Bound with forever."
Pretty sure they will always end badly.. bankrupcy. lol

Not to imply I know how Burbank and Orlando do things, but here in the Ohio Valley, you typically see a going out of business sale prior to a business closing its doors. I try to wait for the 70% Off to trigger a visit.

Did enron and worldcom actually do firesales before going out?

Cesar R M

iPad? More like iGotthistoshutmykidup.
Pretty sure that people said the same about TVs and Radios back then.
The whole complains about technology are getting way too much into "back in my day... " territory.
Times change guys! technology improves!
Anyway, cycle repeats so pretty sure we will have another hippie style cycle where its popular to get disconnected after so much flood of social stuff.

Time for the "Retheme-athon"

Hall of Presidents to iHop, brought to you by Apple
Enchanted Tiki Room, brought to you by Angry Birds
Imagination to Degeneration, brought to you by the Arthritis Foundation
SpaceBalls Earth, brought to you by Mel Brooks
Mexico, surrounded by the Wall
Big Thunder Mountain, brought to you by Lactaid
The Blackboard Jungle Cruise
The Haunted Mansion, brought to you by Donald Trump

I could go on...
I bet Trump will sponsor the Mexico pavilion. (aka with the "remesas" money)

WildcatDen

Did enron and worldcom actually do firesales before going out?
I don't believe either are in the Ohio Valley, but I will Google and let you know. Since you brought them up, did those companies have consumer products they sold on site? I do not recall an Enron plush or WorldCom princess dresses??

WildcatDen

I don't believe either are in the Ohio Valley, but I will Google and let you know. Since you brought them up, did those companies have consumer products they sold on site? I do not recall an Enron plush or WorldCom princess dresses??
Looks like Enron was Houston, TX and WorldCom was Ashburn, VA. Check an Atlas. Neither of those are considered Ohio Valley.

lazyboy97o

My problem isn't really that's it's making people anti social. I just find it incredibly weird when parents get these expensive devices for small children. They're asking for something bad to happen.
It's not necessarily the case that parents are going out and buying a new device for their young children. Instead it's probably more likely that they are passing down older devices. iPad sales have languished in part because of the longevity and durability of the devices.

Nemo14

I think its ridiculous to say that everything Iger has done has been short-term.

The acquisitions of Marvel and Lucasfilm will benefit the company for the long-term. These massive IP's are not generational but transcendental, and will allow the company to reap benefits long into the future. The idea of acquisitions is long-term benefit.

Disney will struggle to find a better CEO than Iger; someone who controls a company that is constantly growing in size and able to effectively delineate responsibility to strong creative minds whilst handling the very important financial transactions that ensure the company is profitable and sustainable.

Compare Disney before him and where it is now. To say he hasn't been a massive improvement is pretty blasphemous imo. Rising ticket prices are unfortunate of course, but with the state of the economy + the demand it is perfectly reasonable.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom