Pre-Trip SSR Pre-Trip Report! September [2018]

So is anyone in for a REALLLLLY long Pre-Trip Report ala @tonythetigger style ?
Because I’M FINALLY GOING BACK!!

……BUT. Not until NEXT November.

I will admit this is extremely premature, but I’m dying to start the PTR because THREE people I know personally are there, or going there this week, and darn it, I want in on the fun!

So.. about the trip.
Here are the things I know:

*We will be staying off park. It’s cheaper this way!

* I’m finally going to see the Christmas decorations!

* 5 Day tickets ! (I already have my ticket from the trip I wasn’t able to go on this year!)

*Leaving RIGHT after Thanksgiving! Tentative dates are 11/24-12/1. I am also off on 11/22 & 11/23 so I won’t have to take EXTRA days off work. This excites me!

Cast:

Me – Britt. Mom to Harper.

Harper – currently just over 3. Will be almost 4.5 on the trip!

My mom & Step Dad.

Plenty of things could (and likely WILL) change by Next November, but I wanted to use this thread to track savings and tid bits up to the trip!

I haven’t been since April of 2016, so by the time I get back, it’ll be about 2.5 years since I’ve been! Harper was lucky enough to go this April with her grandparents. She is a total Disney freak. She asks me every day when we are going back!

So please, follow along on the ride!

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Phone says 30 days, but the calendar tells me 31 days today!!! I can't believe it. We are in the final stretch! Only 23 days of work until vacation!
I plan on spending Labor day getting everything packed since it is a nice bonus day and I won't have much time after work on Tuesday/ Wednesday. I am also thinking (if money allows) about getting a manicure on Tuesday night. This has always been a vacation tradition of mine so my nails are pretty in all those MB shots ;)

Wednesday night will be the last night to get everything together.
Harper will go to daycare on Thursday and I will go to work and then my Mom is going to pick her up so I can come straight home after work on Thursday. When I get home, WE ARE LEAVING!!!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think that you can go to the BarberbShop and have her hair done in a pony tail and they will sprinkle the pixie dust on her. Not as cool as BBB, but way less expensive.

Though not announced, it is rumored by the Annual Passholders page that pixie dust glitter has been discontinued at the Barber Shop as of this past Sunday so everyone planning to be sprinkled should double check to avoid disappointment.

@ScarletBegonias I lost track, are you still staying at POR?

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Though not announced, it is rumored by the Annual Passholders page that pixie dust glitter has been discontinued at the Barber Shop as of this past Sunday so everyone planning to be sprinkled should double check to avoid disappointment.

@ScarletBegonias I lost track, are you still staying at POR?

We are staying at Saratoga Springs!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Harper said to me the other night "Mommy, I wish every place was Disney. Then we would never have to leave!"

:cry:

I am so excited for this trip. Excitement is building every day. Harper is watching her Disney countdown chain get shorter and shorter. She's been watching "disney ride" videos every single day. She loves watching Slinky Dog but she said "I don't think i'm going to ride that Mommy, but you will have fun on it!" :happy:

27 Days left!
18 Working Days!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
19 Days until we leave!
13 Work days Left!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's getting real. I am starting to think about my packing list, and to say i'm overwhelmed in an understatement. I have to pack for ten days for myself and for a very picky four year old. I will be doing a lot of labor on Labor day washing all the clothes, packing, and getting my house nice and tidy. Believe it or not, a tidy house before I go is an important pre-vacation ritual!

It's been unusually cool here in Maryland, so the Florida heat will probably kick my butt.

epcotisbest

19 Days until we leave!
13 Work days Left!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's getting real. I am starting to think about my packing list, and to say i'm overwhelmed in an understatement. I have to pack for ten days for myself and for a very picky four year old. I will be doing a lot of labor on Labor day washing all the clothes, packing, and getting my house nice and tidy. Believe it or not, a tidy house before I go is an important pre-vacation ritual!

It's been unusually cool here in Maryland, so the Florida heat will probably kick my butt.

Your trip will be here before you know it. Hope you have a wonderful time, and yes, it is plenty hot in September. Fortunately, SSR has four different pools, so lots of opportunity to cool down. We prefer the quiet pool at Congress Park, but I bet your adorable daughter will like the water slide and kids play area at The Paddock pool. Heck, why not just try all the pools if you have time! Hope you enjoy SSR, we do.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Your trip will be here before you know it. Hope you have a wonderful time, and yes, it is plenty hot in September. Fortunately, SSR has four different pools, so lots of opportunity to cool down. We prefer the quiet pool at Congress Park, but I bet your adorable daughter will like the water slide and kids play area at The Paddock pool. Heck, why not just try all the pools if you have time! Hope you enjoy SSR, we do.

Thank you!! We certainly will try all the pools!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
This time next week, i'm going to be jumping out of my skin!!!!
We leave in 7 days!

Next Thursday, i'll be at my desk right just staring at the clock. I have to work all day and then we leave in the evening! It's going to be such a long day!

This weekend is when all the packing commences. I will be doing all of my packing on Monday since I am off! Tuesday my goal is to go get my manicure! Wednesday is our last night home, and then thursday after work we leave.

I'm still in the weird spot where it doesn't seem real! All this counting down, and it's almost here. I can't believe it.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
T'was the night before vacation when all through the house....
hehehe!
Harper is in bed, and i'm sitting here enjoying the peaceful night before everything gets NUTS tomorrow! We all work tomorrow, and Harper goes to Pre-K until my mom picks her up around 3:30. I am dreading work tomorrow as it's been insane, but knowing that at the end of the day, I'm Disney Bound really helps!!

I am still in that weird place where it doesn't seem real yet. Like. I don't feel like i'm actually going! Bags are packed, everything is ready and i'm sure it'll hit me tomorrow once we've been on the road for awhile.

I know lots here already follow me on IG, but if you don't and want to follow along, my personal account is bburg
there will be tons of photos to come!

When I get back, i'll start up on my trip report. Thanks so much to everyone who has followed along for the past 9 months or so!
and remember! If you see us, PLEASE say Hi!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom