Pre-Trip SSR Pre-Trip Report! September [2018]

So is anyone in for a REALLLLLY long Pre-Trip Report ala @tonythetigger style ?
Because I’M FINALLY GOING BACK!!

……BUT. Not until NEXT November.

I will admit this is extremely premature, but I’m dying to start the PTR because THREE people I know personally are there, or going there this week, and darn it, I want in on the fun!

So.. about the trip.
Here are the things I know:

*We will be staying off park. It’s cheaper this way!

* I’m finally going to see the Christmas decorations!

* 5 Day tickets ! (I already have my ticket from the trip I wasn’t able to go on this year!)

*Leaving RIGHT after Thanksgiving! Tentative dates are 11/24-12/1. I am also off on 11/22 & 11/23 so I won’t have to take EXTRA days off work. This excites me!

Cast:

Me – Britt. Mom to Harper.

Harper – currently just over 3. Will be almost 4.5 on the trip!

My mom & Step Dad.

Plenty of things could (and likely WILL) change by Next November, but I wanted to use this thread to track savings and tid bits up to the trip!

I haven’t been since April of 2016, so by the time I get back, it’ll be about 2.5 years since I’ve been! Harper was lucky enough to go this April with her grandparents. She is a total Disney freak. She asks me every day when we are going back!

So please, follow along on the ride!

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
dis.jpg

Here we go!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
One last post for now to give some updates on Harper! I know a few of you follow along on instagram, but she's growing up fast. Total Disney kid and I just love it!

She often says things to me like "Mommy. Do you want to talk about Disney?"
Or.. "Mommy! That house looks like Disney!" If we get in my Mom's minivan to go somewhere she'll say in her cute little hopeful tone "Are we going to Disney!?" On the way to daycare recently she announced she wanted to live at Disney with the princesses. :D

Here are a few pictures of her trip with the grandparents in April right before she turned 3.

When they arrive at POR
h.jpg

On the way to MK!!
firstday.jpg

Mickey at GG:
mickey.jpg

and Donald!
donald.jpg

I'll admit. It was a little heartbreaking not being with her on her last trip. She was so talkative, and excited, so I'm REALLY looking forward to being with when she see's the Christmas stuff! It'll be such a great age for her!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Wow! I can't believe how big she is getting! She's adorable! Can't wait to hear about all the plans!

Thank you! I can't believe how fast time goes. It's incredible. I can't wait until she understands we are going again but for obvious reasons she won't know for awhile. She has no concept of time, so it'll be "when are we going?" every day!

Cetta

We will be there the same time! I just booked on Tuesday!! I'm so excited and I'm going to keep up with your Pre-trip report, my son is 3 and my daughter is 1 and this will be their first trip to wdw. My husband and I last went for our honeymoon in sept 2012. We are staying at Pop and I'm happy to find someone going the same time as us so early in our planning stages. Woohoo!!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
We will be there the same time! I just booked on Tuesday!! I'm so excited and I'm going to keep up with your Pre-trip report, my son is 3 and my daughter is 1 and this will be their first trip to wdw. My husband and I last went for our honeymoon in sept 2012. We are staying at Pop and I'm happy to find someone going the same time as us so early in our planning stages. Woohoo!!

YAY!! Someone else who isn't going for a very long time!!! Pop looks like such a fun resort! One day I will probably stay there!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
So excited for you gals! Harper has grown so much since your first TR. Always fun to see you and her on IG. I was cracking up at the video the other day of her and the Christmas decorations in the store.

That video brings tears to my eyes! Just the innocence of kids! It can be amazing.

...that's what I try to remind myself of when she's 20 minutes into a screaming tantrum in public.. :eek:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
So while I’m waiting for more details to come to light about my trip, I thought I’d come up with a list of things I have yet to do, or haven’t done in a LONG time that I’d like to do on my next trip!

Nemo show in AK! I don’t believe I’ve ever seen this. (and don’t know the official name! lol)
  • Try Beverly at cool club! (because… Disney rite of passage!!)

• Visit the Purple Wall! (again… why not?)

• Ride the 3 Caballeros! (never done it!)

• FEA! Frozen ever after was not open the last time I was there, so it’s a must do. By Next winter, it’ll be olllld news!

• See the Beauty and Beast show at DHS!

• Swiss Family Tree house. Harper would probably love this!

• Maybe dare to do Mission Space again? I did it as a teenager and my mom said that I was white as a ghost when I got off. I don’t get motion sickness, so not sure what the issue was!

• I’d really really love to resort hop and eat! See as MANY as I can with Christmas decorations! I’ve never stepped foot inside WL or GF! I’d also love to see Fort Wilderness with all the people who decorate. Maybe just take a whole day and visit other resorts?

• The lion king show in AK! I know I saw it as a child, but it’s been YEARS!

• Flying carpets! Never done them!

• Barnstomer with Harper! (maybe her first coaster??)

• Ride the Liberty Belle! (never done it!)

• Really slow down and explore EPCOT! I alwaysssss have to rush, and I’d really like to take it all in.

• Meet Gaston! I’ve tried my past two trips and he’s always “going for his self-portrait!”

• ROL?

• Ride Everest at NIGHT!

• Spend a little more time in Disney Springs. I’ve only seen one tiny portion of it!

• Check out Pandora!

• Possible Solo day!? This would be amazing. I would love a day to go at my pace and not a toddlers pace. There are usually extra days, so I can probably make this happen! But what park to Solo in?? Hmmmm.

• Meet Moana (please tell me this is an option!!!)

• Goodness, this is a long list! And there is probably a TON more I could come up with. There is just SO MUCH to do in Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom