SSE some info...

Nana birdie

The Siemen's VIP Lounge is absolutely gorgeous. I work there tomorrow from 11:30 to 7:30 so I will check with the Mgr. and see what he'll tell me about the ride - if the soft opening is still planned for the 7th and hard opening the 14th. The entrance door is amazing. When you are approved to enter the door changes from frosted to clear and then you can take the elevator or stairs up to the lounge. The lounge has a glass tile floor that changes colors. The bathrooms are gorgeous. They have glass vanity bowls. There are leather couches and a big screen TV - broadcasting news about Siemens or they can switch it to CNN or whatever they want. You will have your choice of water, coffee, hot tea, coke, sprite, and diet from their machines. You will be able to check out the conference room if a group isn't using it - it has all the latest "tech" gadgets. There is also a small conference room with all the latest gadgets. On the other side are the offices. They treat us very well - I love being assigned there. Siemens spared no expense in doing their lounge.It is called Base 21 because it is a "base" and this is the 21st Century - that was what they told me when I asked the same question.

I told them at work tonight about the ongoing discussion on this board about the new ride at Japan. My manager said he hadn't heard anything about it but the rumor he heard was that they were going to put a log ride at the back of Canada - maybe like the one at Disneyland. We thought if they did the ride we would lose the cast member bus stop in the back of Canada but I would love to see a ride at Canada to go along with the show. This is just another rumor. I'm curious about Japan so I'll walk that way to work tomorrow morning. There is a huge building back there that was going to house a "Fuji" ride but management decided there wasn't enough room so it has been a maintence building - maybe they changed their minds or maybe it is just another rumor. Rumors sometimes come true - the magic of Disney.

SDav10495

My manager said he hadn't heard anything about it but the rumor he heard was that they were going to put a log ride at the back of Canada - maybe like the one at Disneyland.

Hmm, interesting that you bring Canada up...I'd forgotten about that. I certainly don't have much in the way of "real" Canada rumors, but there was talk a while ago that WDI was throwing around ideas for some tall, mountainous solutions to the big white problem plaguing the back side of Canada--the ginormous building for Soarin' that sticks out of The Land. Maybe this is what your manager is hearing?

kcnole

The only log ride I know of in Disneyland is Splash Mountain. So I'm pretty certain they won't be putting another Splash Mountain there.

Empress Room

The only log ride I know of in Disneyland is Splash Mountain. So I'm pretty certain they won't be putting another Splash Mountain there.

DCA (the second park adjacent to Disneyland) has Grizzly River Run, a water ride not unlike Kali River Rapids at AK, but themed more to a "river expedition/white water" experience.

JonnyK

I'll be at Disney the week of Dec 9-14th, it would be nice if they have an soft opening for this attraction, think i would get lucky or not..?

Gonna be a blast at disney during the holidays. :xmas:

MythBuster

DCA (the second park adjacent to Disneyland) has Grizzly River Run, a water ride not unlike Kali River Rapids at AK, but themed more to a "river expedition/white water" experience.

They are basically the same ride just "off-the-shelf" water rides from Intamin. They are just themed different with different show items.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I've never ridden Kali - and i like raft/rapids rides. I wonder why? I think being wet at AK never sounds fun.

Anywho, i did ride Grizzly and it's a very lame raft ride. Busch Gardens Tampa has a better ride and theirs is ages old, while Popeye at IOA puts them both to shame, but moreso the DCA ride.

I think perhaps hearing that Kali is like Grizzly is why i see it as a waste of time.

lilclerk

Anywho, i did ride Grizzly and it's a very lame raft ride. Busch Gardens Tampa has a better ride and theirs is ages old, while Popeye at IOA puts them both to shame, but moreso the DCA ride.
I've never ridden Kali, but I thought Grizzly was pretty lame too. And I always hear it's better than Kali, so I'll probably skip it again next time.

Rob562

Yeah, as far as rapids rides go, Kali is *very very* tame. Really the only reason to ride it is maybe to see the fire effects (not all that spectacular, though I wonder what they look like after dusk), ride a raft ride with a drop if you've never ridden one, and just to say you've done it.

But I agree, Bilge Rat Barges at IOA puts pretty much ALL raft rides to shame.

-Rob

MiklCraw4d

I've never ridden Kali - and i like raft/rapids rides. I wonder why? I think being wet at AK never sounds fun.

I rode it when it opened, and not once since. I refuse to - I'll let whoever else is in my party go ahead and ride (there's rarely a line) - I'm content to wait. I think it's mostly because being completely soaking wet from head to toe for the rest of your day at DAK doesn't really sound like a great time. Invitation to the Chafe. I love boat rides, and I love rapids rides, but the insistence on not letting guests get a little wet but instead get completely drenched is anathema to me. And the 'hilarity' of giving other guests water guns to soak you when you're strapped into a vehicle... oh for fun!

Besides the ride is short and lame - Carowinds had one of these when I was a kid that was a lot longer, more fun, and less needlessly soggy. The area's atmosphere is great, and riding rafts through a foggy jungle river is a great concept, but that just makes me mad at the ride we didn't get in the first place (and remember when it was supposed to go beside the tiger areas?).

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Apparently so... says ont he description that we can drop in for "a drink." I joked with my DH that they are going to point to a waler cooler in the corner with the cone shaped cups and say "Oh please help yourselves" :p

Says it is the largest exclusive lounge in WDW or something. Think it is just full of Siemens info everywhere, so not sure how interesting that will actually be. But we get to go right on SSE no wait from there. JEAH!

I haven't been in that lounge, but if it is anything like the others, it is a nice oasis. Full time host and soft drinks, usually some recreational facilities, view of the park and sometimes part of the ride, preferred access to the ride queue.

CBOMB

*Grumble grumble* Stupid Americans ripping off our shows *Grumble grumble*

Next it'll be American Top Gear or Doctor Who. :cry:

:lookaroun
Americans have been ripping Brits off since we were your Colony. After all we are just a mirror image of the U.K. without a Royal Family.
The Siemen's VIP Lounge is absolutely gorgeous. I work there tomorrow from 11:30 to 7:30 so I will check with the Mgr. and see what he'll tell me about the ride - if the soft opening is still planned for the 7th and hard opening the 14th. The entrance door is amazing. When you are approved to enter the door changes from frosted to clear and then you can take the elevator or stairs up to the lounge. The lounge has a glass tile floor that changes colors. The bathrooms are gorgeous. They have glass vanity bowls. There are leather couches and a big screen TV - broadcasting news about Siemens or they can switch it to CNN or whatever they want. You will have your choice of water, coffee, hot tea, coke, sprite, and diet from their machines. You will be able to check out the conference room if a group isn't using it - it has all the latest "tech" gadgets. There is also a small conference room with all the latest gadgets. On the other side are the offices. They treat us very well - I love being assigned there. Siemens spared no expense in doing their lounge.It is called Base 21 because it is a "base" and this is the 21st Century - that was what they told me when I asked the same question.

I told them at work tonight about the ongoing discussion on this board about the new ride at Japan. My manager said he hadn't heard anything about it but the rumor he heard was that they were going to put a log ride at the back of Canada - maybe like the one at Disneyland. We thought if they did the ride we would lose the cast member bus stop in the back of Canada but I would love to see a ride at Canada to go along with the show. This is just another rumor. I'm curious about Japan so I'll walk that way to work tomorrow morning. There is a huge building back there that was going to house a "Fuji" ride but management decided there wasn't enough room so it has been a maintence building - maybe they changed their minds or maybe it is just another rumor. Rumors sometimes come true - the magic of Disney.
Thanks for the great insider information. From what I can gather the log ride is almost a done deal at Canada.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom