wickedfan07

The Siemens - Disney Alliance turned 3 on October 10, 2007. The third
year of the alliance will be one where our most significant milestones
will occur. Beginning in December '07 Spaceship Earth and the Project
Tomorrow post show will begin to open in phases. The project will be
completed in February 2008. The newly rehabbed ride will tell the story of
how each generation created their future. A new feature of the ride
will allow park guests to answer a series of questions on a ride vehicle
monitor and create vision of their future.

Thanks for the information, Peaches Magee! Enjoy the Base 21 lounge when you visit...based on everything else we've seen and heard, its probably pretty cool.

I feel like this sounds sort of like the CoP. Anyone else think so? SSE is sort of becoming itself, Horizons and CoP meshed into one big attraction. Kind of interesting.

Fun2BFree

Oh and Peaches, since I see you're an Office fan, I have to admit I cracked up when I saw the word "alliance." It always reminds me of Dwight, "do you want to form an alliance with me?" haha.

*Grumble grumble* Stupid Americans ripping off our shows *Grumble grumble*

Next it'll be American Top Gear or Doctor Who. :cry:

:lookaroun

Peaches Magee

Original Poster

Ah, well if it makes you feel better I am loyal across the boards with The Office, because I love the original UK version, and did watch that first before the US version began. Ricky Gervais is genius!
:sohappy:

And we do have Doctor Who here on the Sci Fi Channel. But it is the same version as UK.

Enigma

Account Suspended
So no more communications huh? Hasnt the ride always been about communication?

I believe the original idea for Spaceship Earth developed by the Imagineers and Ray Bradbury was about how we have evolved and advanced through the ages so this new version is going back to the original concept. Once At&t agreed to sponsor the rides storyline was modified to focus on communication as the central theme that tied everything together. However, I think that the original Perrin version was more about how we have advanced scientifically and it wasn't until the Cronkite version that it became a full fledged communications ride. Could be wrong about that last bit though.

the-reason14

I believe the original idea for Spaceship Earth developed by the Imagineers and Ray Bradbury was about how we have evolved and advanced through the ages so this new version is going back to the original concept. Once At&t agreed to sponsor the rides storyline was modified to focus on communication as the central theme that tied everything together. However, I think that the original Perrin version was more about how we have advanced scientifically and it wasn't until the Cronkite version that it became a full fledged communications ride. Could be wrong about that last bit though.

Oh, I didnt know that. I always thought it was about communications, but I cant really remember riding it back then. Oh well, I will miss that about the attraction though, but Horizons has been gone for along time so I guess this newer SSE will kinda be like what Horizons used to be. Either way, I am very eager to see the update and cant wait to form an opinion on it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Looking forward to seeing what else you can find out.

I always find it fascinating how things are so hush-hush for the fans who want the info while employees who most likely aren't really interested have tons of access to information.

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
Looking forward to seeing what else you can find out.

I always find it fascinating how things are so hush-hush for the fans who want the info while employees who most likely aren't really interested have tons of access to information.

Soooo true! I mean I didn't even know about this website that my DH knew about for awhile, and he didn't bother telling me because he doesn't really enjoy SSE... (Blasphemy I know!)
But I always have. Mostly because of my love for AA, and the fact that it is the cornerstone of EPCOT, (his least favorite park, btw... crazy right!?)
So when he finally told me I wanted to smack him for not telling me sooner... fool.

:rolleyes:

EpcotServo

Garth Marenghi's DarkPlace. Best thing EVER.
:D

On topic, really looking forward to your insight on this "Base 21!" I don't know why it's called "Base 21", but I guess it's some kind of "Base", and it's old enough to drink.

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
On topic, really looking forward to your insight on this "Base 21!" I don't know why it's called "Base 21", but I guess it's some kind of "Base", and it's old enough to drink.

Apparently so... says ont he description that we can drop in for "a drink." I joked with my DH that they are going to point to a waler cooler in the corner with the cone shaped cups and say "Oh please help yourselves" :p

Says it is the largest exclusive lounge in WDW or something. Think it is just full of Siemens info everywhere, so not sure how interesting that will actually be. But we get to go right on SSE no wait from there. JEAH!

rdour@techminds

I'll be honest. WHen I hear touch screen, I think awe crap. Since I personally can't see enough to use that technology I guess I'll be left out of the fun for the last 4 minutes of the ride.

Considering the ride is about the advancement of technology, I hold out hope that there is an answer to my problem, such as an alternative method of input to the touch screens.

Ryan

MythBuster

Apparently so... says ont he description that we can drop in for "a drink." I joked with my DH that they are going to point to a waler cooler in the corner with the cone shaped cups and say "Oh please help yourselves" :p

Says it is the largest exclusive lounge in WDW or something. Think it is just full of Siemens info everywhere, so not sure how interesting that will actually be. But we get to go right on SSE no wait from there. JEAH!

It is a nice VIP Lounge, with great view of FW and the fountain shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom