SSE some info...

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
So as promised in another thread...I have a little bit of info on SSE through my husband's inside info being a Siemens employee.

This came from a document basically laying out the Alliance between Disney and Siemens...

What will we see at the Spaceship Earth post show?
Beginning April 30, 2007, visitors to Spaceship Earth will be introduced to Siemens technologies at the Project Tomorrow post show. Phase I of this two phase project begins with the introduction of several exciting exhibits.

Phase I Exhibits- April 2007
  • Super Driver - showcases VDO automotive electronics and manufacturing technologies
  • Body Builder - highlights Siemens Medical Solutions’ remote diagnostic capabilities
  • Globe [part one] - visitors will enjoy this post show center piece during phase one that will reflect Siemens branding and images of future post show attractions.

Phase II Exhibits - Winter 2007/2008
  • Innervision - showcasing Siemens Corporate Research technologies
  • Model City - bringing the challenges of today's urban city centers and Siemens energy generation, management and distribution solutions together
  • Globe [part two] - visitors will have the opportunity to provide their e-mail address and receive a Spaceship Earth postcard featuring their personalized photo captured during the ride.
I will be getting more, there is a whole other website for them them to access the updates on the actual building of it. But he can only look at it on his computer at work. So I will have him send that to me on Monday.

:wave:

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
Neato. Thanks. And tell your hubby to watch his back :lookaroun :lol:

Haaa! I thought of that but since they have access to it and don't have to sign any kinds of disclosure statements or anything...
sooooo...I assume I can pass it on happily :)

Oh and also there is a special lounge in SSE just for Siemens employees and family... "BASE 21" And heck yes, we will be going there in a couple of weeks and we are shooting over to EPCOT just to check this out.

:cool:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Oh and also there is a special lounge in SSE just for Siemens employees and family... "BASE 21" And heck yes, we will be going there in a couple of weeks and we are shooting over to EPCOT just to check this out.

:cool:

Take pics, please! I am interested to see what it looks like now, post AT&T era. :wave:

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
Got a couple more things, as he was able to access the site via his work laptop. But the website was not as promising as I had hoped with it's "updates" but this just gives a little more insight into how the ride may go.

Update from Siemens staff at Epcot. July 7 began the renovations on the
interior and exterior of Spaceship Earth. As the premier Siemens
sponsored asset at Walt Disney World Resort, Spaceship Earth will begin its
transformation to a new storyline and guest experience. If you have
previously visit Spaceship Earth attraction prior to July, you will notice
several changes once the ride re-opens in Nov/Dec '07. A few of the
changes include new show scenes, new music score, new storyline and a new
interactive experience during the 4 minute journey from the top of the
geodesic dome back to the landing station. Return to this site for
future updates. Base21 and the Project Tomorrow post show remain open for
visitors. Look forward to seeing you soon at Epcot!

ALLIANCE TURNS 3

The Siemens - Disney Alliance turned 3 on October 10, 2007. The third
year of the alliance will be one where our most significant milestones
will occur. Beginning in December '07 Spaceship Earth and the Project
Tomorrow post show will begin to open in phases. The project will be
completed in February 2008. The newly rehabbed ride will tell the story of
how each generation created their future. A new feature of the ride
will allow park guests to answer a series of questions on a ride vehicle
monitor and create vision of their future.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
and you will notice several changes once the ride re-opens in Nov/Dec '07

Beginning in December '07 Spaceship Earth and the Project
Tomorrow post show will begin to open in phases. The project will be
completed in February 2008.

So then Siemens is saying that the ride itself will open in DEC.... and the rest of the post show in FEB? :confused:

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
You are so very welcome :)

And yes I believe that the ride was set to be done as it says Nov/Dec '07 So I am thinking Dec now, obviously. The website's last update was in August, so I am kind of bummed that there isn't more detail. But yeah I guess the full post and everything is going to be Feb 08.

We got our special pin number to go into the Base 21 Siemens lounge when we go in a few weeks. I will make sure to take pics for kicks.

:wave:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Wow, very cool info! Thanks so much!

Since some of us are trying to plan a get together on the actual day the ride opens, any help you could give us on the true opening date would be much appreciated.

The way it reads now, mentioning "phases" with the completion in Feb. kind of leaves it up to the reader to interpret the meaning. It could be that Project Tomorrow will open in phases, with the ride itself being the final thing to open in Feb.. It all depends on how you read it :shrug:

Thanks again for the info :sohappy:

DivineMadness7

A new feature of the ride
will allow park guests to answer a series of questions on a ride vehicle
monitor and create vision of their future.

[/B]

Hmmm this sounds like Horizons sorta?

Oh and Peaches, since I see you're an Office fan, I have to admit I cracked up when I saw the word "alliance." It always reminds me of Dwight, "do you want to form an alliance with me?" haha.

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
Hmmm this sounds like Horizons sorta?

Oh and Peaches, since I see you're an Office fan, I have to admit I cracked up when I saw the word "alliance." It always reminds me of Dwight, "do you want to form an alliance with me?" haha.

Ah yes... very Horizons-like! Good cause I miss me some Horizons!

haaa! I thought the same thing! Everytime I hear "alliance" Dwight Schrute comes to mind. :ROFLOL:

Oh and I am going to see if DH can email them tomorrow and ask of an opening date, since we have a visit planned and
want to make sure it will be open when we go :)

aladdin2007

Did the descent from the top really only take 4min before? It always felt much longer, hope they havent shortened it in some way (but then how could they I guess with the same track in place) or sped up the vehicles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom