SSE - Screen Error..? (2 pics)

JonnyK

Original Poster
Since im at the world for vacation today, so i got to do the preview of the SSE soft opening, it wasn't that bad, but the ending wasn't great, but i know they're not completed which i understand that.

Once i was coming down the lift to the ending station, i was greeted with a "no video signal connection error"

seconds later.. it booted up again and it was booting up into INTEL mode and i got this memory usage error and logged into windows (not sure what version) then it went back to the regular screen like its suppose to do.

heres some pics (sorry my camera sucks, its anew camera and im a noob at the nighttime shots)

SSError1.jpg

SSError2.jpg

then i rode it again and noticed at the top of the ride (moon scene) i saw one time machine had the screen still lit on when the rest was off, odd though.

sounds like this ride needs some more serious work and get this all sorted out before the final opening.

Katya

Like the sign says when you walk in, it's only a look into and there are a lot of things still being worked on. I think this is probably a result of that.

JonnyK

Original Poster
Well this is great, glad im not the only one that had that error, i was clueless for a moment when i saw that, but hopefully they can get that all figured out and sorted out whenever. :p

Expo_Seeker40

Oh too bad they didn't have internet explorer or something....I'm sure the girl in the window in 180top uses a wireless connection. :ROFLOL:

That way you could browse WDWMAGIC while on spacship earth! :lookaroun

brkgnews

For fun...
1) Go to The Seas with Nemo and Friends (Living Seas)
2) Got to the old Turtle Talk theatre
3) Walk up to the big aquarium screen window thingy where crush used to appear
4) Look down at the very bottom of the screen, behind the pretty frame.
5) Revel in Windows Media Player Version 1.x glory. :D

BTW -- I remember during the Nemo musical previews, the seagull bubble screens all went to BSOD after the show.

TheDisneyMagic

Cool, so its running Windows XP, does this mean that there are now two additional computers to each time machine (must be quite a bit of additional weight) or are the machines running as terminals?

Laura

Premium Member
About as mature as their commercials. :ROFLOL:

It's not a level of maturity, it's a level of snarkiness and snobbery that comes with owning a superior product. :lookaroun

But anyway, I can't in my wildest dreams imagine running an attraction like Spaceship Earth on Windows. Windows crashes and freezes SO MUCH. My Windows computers would crash multiple times each day, even brand new.

I've had my Mac for a year and a half and it has never, ever crashed.

It just seems inevitable that if they're using Windows they're going to have problems over and over again.

kcnole

The funny thing is that the bootloader is the GNU Grub bootloader which is a linux bootloader. Which is why I was surprised to see it default to a windows desktop.

nolatron

In short, I cannot see Disney ever using a Mac for an attraction due to it's state of not being upgradeable.

Not upgradeable? You can certainly upgrade a Mac, just depends on which one you have.

iMacs and Mini's are built like laptops, one single logic board for the primary components. But you can still upgrade ram and hard drives in these machines just as you can a laptop. I just installed a 250GB HD in my Macbook Pro actually.

Mac Pro's are just as upgradeable as a PC is. You can add more RAM, more/different video cards, PCI cards, hard drives, optical drives, etc... The only thing you can't readily upgrade is the Logic Board and CPU, as these parts are not available for retail purchase (typically). But who upgrades just a MoBo/CPU on PC. Usually a PC user will just build a brand spanking new machine to get all new/current hardware for the new MoBo.

Even older powermac G3 and G4 computers have had 3rd party upgrade processors available for years to make the machine a faster G4, and those also can be upgraded in several ways (See above).

I was an Apple service tech for 5 years, so I now a little about upgrading these machines.

al5957

Being a guy that works in the technology industry its cool to see the back side of things every once in a while. I work for a company that writes all the BIOS code (the screen you see when you first turn your computer on) for almost every non-mac computer that is in existence. We were approached by a company over a year ago to develop a BIOS for a single board pc. The customer had very specific requests that they were looking for and in talking with the guy he said that it was to be used at an amusement park. Well being the nosey nelly that i am i asked which park and he said it was for Disney. Well you can imagine my excitement at this point when i heard this. Come to find out after talking with this customer quite a bit and after a lot of back and forth i found out that i was writing a piece of code that was to control the on board ride control board for TSM. I never thought i would get the chance to say this but i actually helped build part of a ride at Walt Disney World.... :D:D:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom