SSE Paperboy?

aladdin2007

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I havent heard anything in quite awhile but was wondering if the paperboy or musicians have returned yet in Spaceship Earth? Have more of the triangle panels been painted or anything in the descent? I guess I'll find out next time Im there but was just wondering.

paul436

I'm looking forward to seeing the "new and improved" SSE in August. I haven't been on SSE in a long time since it was down the last time I was there.

krankenstein

Any triangle news?

Here is a picture I took back in May of the triangles brightened up so you can clearly see them. Nothing really appeared different about them. I am still kind of wondering what they are up for.

DSCN0438.jpg

Hmmm, I definitely expected the paperboy to be back faster than this. Maybe, just maybe, by the time I get down there in November he will be back

EPCOT Explorer

Here is a picture I took back in May of the triangles brightened up so you can clearly see them. Nothing really appeared different about them. I am still kind of wondering what they are up for.

DSCN0438.jpg

How odd...I wonder what those boxes are...

Is anyone getting the vibe that SSE is STILL not done?

EPCOT Explorer

Merf,is that you?

LOL.

So when they are in the dark,can you even see them?

Found this one to after a long google image search
ssedark1.jpg

What's that cloud thing?

krankenstein

You can see them if you know what you are looking for. They have some kind of paint on the outer edge that sort of glows, but not bright at all. The paint helps you pick them out, but you average guest probably never notices them.

krankenstein

Pretty much. I was hoping they would some neon on them like they used to have in the decent tunnel but right now I think we are only going to have random triangles.

EPCOT Explorer

That or at least fiber optics...Any thing is better than the blackout tunnel we have now.Besides the light from the screens,is there ANY light in there?

aladdin2007

Original Poster
wow those photos are sad, the condition in there is :cry:, they should have left it alone. yuck

i wonder if maybe they are constructing a brand new paperboy animatronic? thats why its taking so long?

krankenstein

If my memory serves me right, after the star field there are no more lights. You are pretty much glued to the screen from than on, so it really is of no consequence. I would like something else, but than some people would be looking around instead of doing the screen. Overall though, things look pretty good in SE.

DznyRktekt

If my memory serves me right, after the star field there are no more lights. You are pretty much glued to the screen from than on, so it really is of no consequence. I would like something else, but than some people would be looking around instead of doing the screen. Overall though, things look pretty good in SE.

So good in my honest opinion that I am planning on writing a positive note to Siemens and WDW guest relations about the successful refurb. I even consider myself a bit of a "purist".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It ain`t finished until the fat lady sings - and she is not singing. However, if anyone can spare a few dollars to complete the descent then by all means give it to guest relations, marked `SSE fund` ;)

After 7 years and 2 weeks I`ll be riding the old Geo in 23 days and 2 hours.

How excited am I?? :D

DznyRktekt

It ain`t finished until the fat lady sings - and she is not singing. However, if anyone can spare a few dollars to complete the descent then by all means give it to guest relations, marked `SSE fund` ;)

After 7 years and 2 weeks I`ll be riding the old Geo in 23 days and 2 hours.

How excited am I?? :D

Heard her singing in the Haunted Mansion Graveyard...the lady with the Flava Flav helmet. Maybe she will come to Epcot soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom