SSE has a sponsor

Thrawn

Account Suspended
BalooChicago said:
Now that it seems SBC will be renaming itself "AT&T" it would be interesting to see if the "New" sponsor is the "Old" one...

Thats doubtful.
Reasoning:
SBC owns Cingular.
Disney chose Sprint over Cingular for Disney Mobile.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
jmaxwell007 said:
aahhhh:brick: i had good points to make to THRAWN but respect your wishes.

i think the main issue here is, why in the world was it in the closet to begin with:lol:

You really want to know.... PUBERTY basically it wasn't cool to have disney stuff:cool:

spr0m

Heard it offically from the higher ups @ work Siemens is the sponsor for SSE and Illuminations as well. We signed a large deal with Disney to provide on site goods and services as well The Sylvania/Osram will be providing lighting throughout WDW, Siemens Building Technologies will be providing services in the parks and hotels, Siemens Communications will follow with services other divisions such as USfilter have been providing water treatment already . Energy & Automation might have some cool projects coming up with the Imangineers as well. It's a 10 year deal offical announcement to be out in a few days . I'm guessing when our CEO Klaus Klienfled comes to the US in the next few days. perks for Siemens employees to include special viewing area for ROE and company lounge in SSE and nice disounts and other cool stuff

Thrawn

Account Suspended
spr0m said:
Heard it offically from the higher ups @ work Siemens is the sponsor for SSE and Illuminations as well. We signed a large deal with Disney to provide on site goods and services as well The Sylvania/Osram will be providing lighting throughout WDW, Siemens Building Technologies will be providing services in the parks and hotels, Siemens Communications will follow with services other divisions such as USfilter have been providing water treatment already . Energy & Automation might have some cool projects coming up with the Imangineers as well. It's a 10 year deal offical announcement to be out in a few days . I'm guessing when our CEO Klaus Klienfled comes to the US in the next few days. perks for Siemens employees to include special viewing area for ROE and company lounge in SSE and nice disounts and other cool stuff

What kind of services will you be offering in the parks and hotels? I really don't know much about Siemens offerings, and I'm genuinely curious. I like investing in TWDC's partners, so I'd like to become more familar with what Siemens does.

socalkdg

FYI, another message board has a couple reputable people also confirming the sponsership of Siemens as well.

Check Siemens.com for a wealth of info on the company.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
socalkdg said:
FYI, another message board has a couple reputable people also confirming the sponsership of Siemens as well.

Check Siemens.com for a wealth of info on the company.

Company PR spin isn't the right place to make a stock purchase decision. I ordered some info from my broker but that won't be here for 24 hours. I'd rather see what the employee has to say than their spin.

tirian

Original Poster
My supervisor told me that she's "almost positive" it's Siemens.

Siemens is a European electronics giant that manufactures everything from extremely advanced kitchen appliances to air conditioners to circuit breakers. The company also apparently sponsors a lot of soccer teamss; just take a look at the jersies that British kids wear at the parks. :p Siemens also happens to be the number one luxury appliance chain in Europe (you can purchase some of their stuff here, too, but I think only Best Buy carries it). Lately, however, Siemens has been pushing their cell phones here in the US...and although I don't own one, I've been told that their phones don't measure up to the quality standards in their other products.

Anyway, I'm just glad to see SSE get TLC. Let's hope the last half of the ride (the backwards portion) is completely revamped...and I wouldn't mind hearing "Tomorrow's Child" again, either, since the song set used to prepare Guests mentally for a day of discovery at Epcot.

tirian

Original Poster
I'm guessing when our CEO Klaus Klienfled comes to the US in the next few days. perks for Siemens employees to include special viewing area for ROE and company lounge in SSE and nice disounts and other cool stuff

If you're a Siemens employee, enjoy that lounge! I personally have many fond memories of it...it's very nice, and provides the only correct view of the hidden Mickey in the flower bed behind the lounge.<!-- / message -->

spr0m

If your a serious investor you would already know about our offerings. Just check out the home page siemens.com . We don't offer consumer goods we just provide the stuff that helps others provide them to you. You can find a few end user items such as appliances & lightbulbs but the rest is geared toward commercial interests. The biggest thing we done in Orlando that anyone can see is the Power Plant located @ the 417/528 one of the worlds cleanest coal plants and the water is 100% recycled. Our Airfield soultions group has made MCO one of the best in the US. One other tidbit is that 90% of the US mail is sorted on our machines. We can't do cell phone to well though that business was just sold to BenQ we'll just stick switches that carry the calls

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom