Spouses who don't care

dreamer

Does anyone else have spouse who couldn't care less about Disney World? Mine was severely deprived as a child -- never had a family vacation of any sort. It's taken me fifteen years to get her to see the value of a vacation (not counting visiting relatives).

We've got five kids (3-13) and they're all looking forward to our trip in three weeks. They made a paper chain. They take off one link every day -- 19 left. My wife won't begin thinking about the trip until the night before.

mwitkus

I'm fortunate enough that my hubby became hooked on Disney after his first trip to Disney Land:sohappy: , which I practically had to force him to go on because he thought it was too childish. Now he loves it and we go every other year. (Would go more often, but can't afford to.)

My sister's husband flat out refuses to ever go and take their 2 boys. No problem for me or her. When she's ready to go, we will go with her and enjoy it better without him! :zipit: oops! did i say that? :animwink: i meant to say we would be much happier knowing he wasn't miserable... yup.. that's what i meant to say...

good luck on your trip. if nothing else, your wife should enjoy seeing the look on your kids faces when they first enter the park. i can't imagine she wouldn't be hooked from that point forward!

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

NO, not here. Somehow I managed to marry someone just as crazy about Disney as me. I'm more into the parks, and she is more into the movies and collectibles. Before we found out we were going to have a child, we were already trying to figure out how we were going to talk our friends into letting us take their kids to WDW, since they would never go.

Upvote 0

westie

I agree. I used to take all my dates to DL to test them out. I'm glad I did, nice way to weed out the bad ones. To think I could have spent the rest of my life attached to a mall rat?! Yek!

Needless to say, I proposed to Ms. Right in the Blue Bayou at DL, got applause. And returned the following year to wed her. $500.- at the hotel as opposed to $5K under the castle. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

Originally posted by westie
I agree. I used to take all my dates to DL to test them out. I'm glad I did, nice way to weed out the bad ones. To think I could have spent the rest of my life attached to a mall rat?! Yek!

Needless to say, I proposed to Ms. Right in the Blue Bayou at DL, got applause. And returned the following year to wed her. $500.- at the hotel as opposed to $5K under the castle. :animwink:

I proposed to my wife at WDW in front of the castle, and then came back the following year for our honeymoon.:)

Upvote 0

dreamer

Original Poster
I've had my wife to DW four times. Once when we were first married, twice with the kids. Last year we went without the kids and spent four nights at the Polynesian. And she still wouldn't care if we never went back. Can you believe it?

So guess what I did? Bought enough points in the DVC for a week in a 2BR for our family once a year. (She agreed to it.) So she's gonna have to go with me til I turn 83 and the points expire. You think maybe she'll learn to like it by then?

:veryconfu :brick: :veryconfu :brick:

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Originally posted by westie
returned the following year to wed her. $500.- at the hotel as opposed to $5K under the castle. :animwink:

the poor girl married a cheap skate as well asa disney nut!! Sme people have no luck

:animwink:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I Am still looking for my Beast to join me in my sojurns!! So far friends and relatives have been my only trip buddies!!!! Most of my ex boyfriends dont understand why I go there so often as they think it is only for kids. UH NO!!!! I wish that just once a guy that I Am happily dating would consent to be dragged away from the real world for a bit!! Belle:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

My sweetie has never been out of Brazil, hasn't even been on a plane. We tried to plan a January 2003 trip, but the world economy screwed us. She looked genuinely excited, but you can see she doesn't have it in her... Sure, she doesn't know it, but I sure plan on changing that!! Otherwise, she'll want to change cars when we could be saving for WDW! :lol: We plan our future honeymoon there, that's GOT to be the biggest hook-up EVER! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

DarkImage4

I'm a convert...

Well, I never was into Disney "that much", but thanks to my wife, I am almost as much a fanatic as she is. She seems to be a little more into movies than I am (but I'm working on it :-D), but I am all about WDW.

When we got there for our honeymoon in July, I felt myself regress back to age 4 and I didn't come bacl to my actual age until, um.....well I gues I haven't yet.

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

One of the strongest bonds in my marriage is our love of Disney. In fact, we met because my username on our university email was mickeymouse. It just grew from there. We just visited the Vero Beach Resort and cannot wait to go back! We are going on the Disney Wonder again (I cannot afford the Magic yet) in February and it will be awesome! We are also staying in the Beach Club Villas in March.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

My wifw loves Disney, my kids love Disney. I thought that I loved Disney until I found this website............now I am totally obsessed - I have to be dragged (screaming & kicking) away from the computer. We're a family of Disneyholics :lol:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am not even yolked!!!!! Finding a good looking, tall, nonsmoking,successful, sweet guy here in the NYC area is almost impossible to start. Disney loving also would be like hitting Lotto!!!!

Upvote 0

spinsurgeon

My wife and I had kids just so we could keep going back to WDW, without arousing suspicion. Seriously, I like the rides, she likes the shows and the kids (now 4 and 2) like different things each time they go. I measure them now and again to see if they've broken into the next height bracket for rides!

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

I had never been to WDW before my honeymoon, (couldn't afford it as kids), and went just expecting a nice getaway. But what my wife didn't realize is that a had a hidden demon in the form a a Disney obsession waiting to pounce. It reared it's ugly head that trip, and has only intensified since!
Now with this message board, and speaking with others of the same kind, it continues to grow stronger. I have far surpassed her in a WDW obsession, and am proud of it!!!:D

Upvote 0

westie

the poor girl married a cheap skate as well asa disney nut!! Sme people have no luck
thanks beauty, you really know how to flatter a guy...

Ouch! In my defense I'd like to say we honeymooned in WDW. So by saving money I could use it on a real trip. And were both disneynuts, thank you.

King Arthur was a Welshman!

Upvote 0

homer424

Sadly, I have a spouse who would be happy the rest of his life if he never went to Disney. :( We are going as a family, finally, in March of next year and you don't know how much it took me to convince him to go. Before that my daughter (now 2 1/2) and I would go with my grandmother while he happily stayed home! He hates the idea that he will probably have to go again after this next year, and I anticipate a few disagreements between us while we are away. He would much rather do a reenactment camp in Gettysburg than go to the Happiest Place on Earth. Thankfully, I have an "excuse" to go down now(My grandmother just moved 2 hours away from Disney).

I married all wrong! Hates to shop and hates Disney! LOL:lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by spinsurgeon
My wife and I had kids just so we could keep going back to WDW, without arousing suspicion.

LOL, we joke that we did the same thing! Now we joined the DVC, 40 years of Disney vactions. WDW is both my hubby and mine very favorite place to go, and how much we both love it is yet another bond between us. Other people don't "get it". Fine with us. I feel my hubby is at his most fun when there, we dream and plan about it together, look at old pictures and remeber trips. Can't wait to show our daughter it again in March 2003, she will be 23 months old then! (her first visit was when is was 8 months old. )

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom