Spot holding on park rides - during and post COVID

Prince-1

Now who's the internet tough guy? :rolleyes: I could say the same about you. Too chicken to put your hands on me and move me out of your way. All you'll do is grumble under your breath as you walk yourself to the back of the line. See it works on my end too. Lets just agree that you'll continue to be an entitled person who thinks everything should be done your way and other people should just deal with it and I am the type of person that refuses to think I am the center of the universe. See? We can agree on something.

And that is all I have to say about the subject. ;) I have enough work to do today that I don't have time to keep talking to someone who thinks they are "special". Have nice day.

Internet tough guy strikes again but I do think it’s time to end the conversation. You’re a scary keyboard warrior lol!

How do you know they did not leave the line before you got in it............
Perhaps using your Canuk politeness to figure out the liars from the truthtellers?
Hip check......really.
You put up a good point with the first one. I suppose if they come back with a bunch of snacks in hand you can tell they didn't leave the line for an emergency. :) The hip check thing was actually a joke.

NickMaio

I already gave the quote stating the line jumping isn't allowed, give it a rest. You can also tell the world the sun rises in the West but it doesn't make it true.
Holding a spot for someone who left is acceptable.....plain as the sunrise.
Denial is not just a river........

NickMaio

You put up a good point with the first one. I suppose if they come back with a bunch of snacks in hand you can tell they didn't leave the line for an emergency. :) The hip check thing was actually a joke.
..the humor is hard to catch sometimes.
Coming from a fellow Canuk.....sorry eh.

Can't wait to go back to WDW.

..the humor is hard to catch sometimes.
Coming from a fellow Canuk.....sorry eh.

Can't wait to go back to WDW.
The bottom line really with this issue is it is rude, but should guests really get involved in a confrontation over it during their vacation. I don't think that should be happening. It honestly shouldn't be up to another guest to say something and the CM's overlook it so it is going to continue to happen. I am not going to let something that is going to add 5 minutes to my wait time ruin my day. It isn't going to happen.

You are the 2nd Canuck I have met on here today. Very nice indeed. :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Wake up....
The thread is about spot holding....
Not LINE JUMPING. Two very different things.
Spot holding -- prohibited by Disney policy (previously quoted)
Line jumping -- prohibited by Disney policy (previously quoted)

Leaving line and returning -- random CMs on the phone allegedly "approve" but I don't think they can change Disney's official policies. Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the enforcement, and we all know that line CMs don't get paid enough to intervene until it's time to break up a fight.

99% of people won't bat an eye if a dad/mom and pre-teen child work their way back up the line to where they were when they headed to the can.

Unaccompanied teens and older, however, are likely to draw, at best, evil eyes, and at worst, may trigger confrontations.

I'd say that 6 months ago, people would have been less likely to get physical.

Today, I'd say it's about 50/50.

When the parks get back up, under the limits being imposed, including reservations, masks, etc -- I'd say it's better than even that we're going to see some video posted of people being arrested and trespassed. And remember -- it's not likely to be the person who threw the first punch.

1592625417201.png

Last edited:

Ldno

I did this by accident back in 2017 because i didn’t know and CM told me it’s not allowed. Granted the only reason I did spot holding was because we split up and were catching back up but the other party had a hard time finding Norway But were 10 minutes behind me anyways. This was when Frozen ever after opened up so of course the lines were like 3 hours, but yeah Disney never tolerates spot holding period.

Now I have seen line jumping in space mountain plenty of times And one time they did get caught, teens jumped into the fast pass lane and ran into a CM check point lolololol it was glorious hahaha

Giss Neric

I can tolerate spot holding in rides but I CANNOT tolerate spot holding on tables on quick service especially during busy times.

With line jumping, I'm not confrontational by nature but I will definitely look at you from top to bottom if you come pass me.

Phonedave

We differ. Just don't ever try to go past me, I won't budge and will be more than happy to take it to the extreme if pushed. Realize others like me exist and do yourself a favor and play by the rules.

To quote you from before

I was raised to be self sufficient and never allow myself to burden others

If you are blocking somebody and "take it to the extreme" while I and my family are around you, you have just made my vacation less enjoyable and put a burden on me by forcing me to watch your, by your words, "extreme" actions. So much for never allowing yourself to burden others.

Self sufficient, sure that I will give you. But you sure as hell are burdening others by not having any compassion.

Last edited:

Phonedave

G00fydad: Thank you for not allowing people through. Honestly. Rarely have I ever seen instances where someone GETS OUT of line then comes back in. Nine times out of ten, maybe more, it's a group of people who were eating, shopping, wandering while one or two people held a spot in line for them. It really is entitlement, like they shouldn't have to wait the entire time. My young kids are even bothered by this and ask why people do it when I've never been vocal about it around them. It's just disrespectful. If my kid(s) can't handle standing in line they don't ride it.

I've helped people who have had legitimate issues, who have waited with everyone else and something unexpected happens. Sometimes a kid freaks out and a parent pops out to drop them with another caregiver so they can actually ride something. I feel for situations like that. If you don't have the time or patience to wait through the entire line though then don't. It's unfair to others who have to wait while you go shopping or finish eating. Wait for your entire party to be ready, period.

According to others on this post, the situation you describe at the end is inexcusable. Your kids freaks out, tough, that is what having a kid is. Take them and yourself out of line and then if you still want to ride, get on the end of the line. You should think ahead, and not burden others. If you think your small child may have, oh I don't know, a totally understandable reaction in line, then tough, maybe you shouldn't come to WDW.

Heck, you are with your elderly relative and they start to feel woozy from the heat ... you have two choices, tell them to go sit down on their own and hope they make it to the bench or help them to the bench and then get to the back of the line, no rejoining your party.

Your kid gets sick and throws up on their shirt. Either take them out of line and clean it, and then you and your non-self-sufficient and considerate kid can get on the end of the line as opposed to rejoining your spouse, or you can just let your kid stand in line for an other 30 minutes covered in vomit, because that is better for everyone around you.

Your spouse has IBS, which does come on unexpectedly no matter what others may say. No letting them leave the line to use the bathroom (of if they do, get back on the end). Instead, maybe they can wear a diaper. If they do happen to load it you while in line, they will appreciate wearing a loaded adult diaper for 35 minutes and then sitting in a ride vehicle, maybe with others, or maybe even better a ride like Kali River Rapids, THAT will be a treat for all in your boat - you know rather than have to "go to ground" with somebody in line.

Last edited:

Phonedave

As a diabetic who uses an insulin pump, there have been a few instances when I’ve needed to step out of line because my tubing/infusion set has become dislodged and it’s critical I reinsert another one. I absolutely can’t do this standing in line. I’ve also had to step out do to some blood sugar issues. No way would Igo to the end of the line while my family is waiting in standby for FoP for 1.5 hrs. I’ve apologized profusely and politely excused myself and made sure I told the CM on my way out that I needed to take care of a medical device issue just so if I had to deal with someone that wouldn’t let me pass and threatened me (it’s never happened, thankfully) the CM would be aware.

Sad that the Golden Rule that so many of us learned as childrenhas been forgotten as adults

I

Apparently, according to some, this does not fly. You are either supposed to somehow account for this, or, you know, not be a burden on others.

Phonedave

Now you're just being silly. If you have a medical/personal issue and you walk past people quickly telling them every so often what the problem is then I seriously doubt you'd have any problems getting back past those people. You and I both know that. If I have never seen you before and you're trying to squeeze past me to "catch up" to your group then no. You cannot pass. Find some other sucker to go past.

And what "Golden Rule" are you talking about? Line cutters must be allowed at all times?

You never said this. What you said is "Then don't get out of line. If I do then guess what I do then? That's right, I get in the back of the line. "

You never said that there were indeed valid reasons to get out of line and then get back in. You said, if you have to leave then line, then you get on the end of the line.

MickeyLuv'r

This is one of those gray areas. I say, it depends. Pure line cutting is obnoxious. Moderate tolerance for toddlers/seniors is healthy for everyone.

If people are waiting 60+ for a special event, and everyone knows family is in line, but little kids/seniors sit on a nearby curb, or run to the bathroom - Duh! Courtesy is healthy for all.

If the gap is small, I lean towards saying one family member can catch up. In other cases, it makes more sense for family to get out of line, or move back in the line.

Then again, on many rides, if our group gets slightly split up, and we ride a few buggies apart, that's perfectly fine. I don't get the hang-up some people have about splitting up for 3.5 minutes of their life, as long as tiny kids aren't riding alone.

When WDW reopens, I'm guessing they will try to avoid the 60+ minute queues, so this probably won't come up much. If it does, I imagine most folks will aim to prioritize safety, and not get hung up on small stuff.

This thread makes me think some folks are getting a bit too worked up over what will mostly be a non-issue.

thomas998

To quote you from before

I was raised to be self sufficient and never allow myself to burden others

If you are blocking somebody and "take it to the extreme" while I and my family are around you, you have just made my vacation less enjoyable and put a burden on me by forcing me to watch your, by your words, "extreme" actions. So much for never allowing yourself to burden others.

Self sufficient, sure that I will give you. But you sure as hell are burdening others by not having any compassion.
And line jumping burdens God knows how many people. Stopping jerks from jumping line doesn't just help me but everyone that your rude behavior is impacting. You want a park where people ignore the rules then your family better have on pads because that world you seem to want will result in kids being stomped on.

Last edited:

Raineman

Wow--now we're going after kids. I can guarantee you that if you ever "stomped" on one of my kids for returning to the line to rejoin the family, you'd be facing an assault charge.
While I mentioned earlier that spot holding and line jumping shouldn't result in violence-if anyone stomps my kids, there will be 2 assault charges, theirs and mine when I stomp them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom