Spot holding on park rides - during and post COVID

G00fyDad

The problem is it is a very common thing to have to deal with. 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there... Before long you've lost an hour to these self-entitled folks and over a long trip you could lose half a day if you did nothing about it. I'm not going to let myself get nickle and dimed out of hours because people can't play by the rules.

Not to mention that a portion of those that do this go to Disney intending to cut line the entire time with no one to "catch up with" ahead of you. I waited in line for TSMM once and when nearly at the ride vehicles two blonde teenagers came scooting past people behind us saying "Excuse me. Excuse me. We're just catching up to out family. Excuse me." They got to me and I refused to let them past me. I told them they can go back and get in line or wait outside for their family. They became really indignant and squeezed under the railing, went down a little more and got back in the line ahead of us and stopped right before getting onto the stairs to the ride vehicle room. There was no "family" there. Of course they were lying. They probably did that on every ride they went on during that trip. No one is going to tell those two princesses they have to wait in line with all the peasants. And THAT is why I refuse to allow people to get past me.

I have a sneaky feeling Nick is one of those people that cut line and expect others to just shut up and deal with it. I think that is why he is so invested in this.

G00fyDad

Can you tell time?
Look at when you replied to my post. 7:30. You replied just after I posted.
They open at 7..... let's use some subtraction now

Then you tried to come up with all these reasons why I could not have called.
I could not find it online so I called. Plain and simple. Did you call? Nope.....or perhaps you did and they told you the same thing they told me.
There is flexibility in this rule.
It seems flexibility is something you are a little short on.

Call him another name. You gave me the Keyboard Vigilante moniker but the last name you called him was pretty weak. Give it another go but put some real thought into it this time. You can do it!

3611dbf2ab6d523126b5dc174283c89f.jpg

Kingoglow

As I said, they have to wait and be close to the actual ride to get it.

There's nothing to take advantage of. If they got it near the ride entrance (not queue entrance), they would spend more time getting out of line and going back through the fast pass line to get on vs just waiting a few min at the point where they already were. It would possibly take even longer depending on the time of day and how many fast passes had been distributed.

If you leave the line, get to the back of the line.

NickMaio

Not to mention that a portion of those that do this go to Disney intending to cut line the entire time with no one to "catch up with" ahead of you. I waited in line for TSMM once and when nearly at the ride vehicles two blonde teenagers came scooting past people behind us saying "Excuse me. Excuse me. We're just catching up to out family. Excuse me." They got to me and I refused to let them past me. I told them they can go back and get in line or wait outside for their family. They became really indignant and squeezed under the railing, went down a little more and got back in the line ahead of us and stopped right before getting onto the stairs to the ride vehicle room. There was no "family" there. Of course they were lying. They probably did that on every ride they went on during that trip. No one is going to tell those two princesses they have to wait in line with all the peasants. And THAT is why I refuse to allow people to get past me.

I have a sneaky feeling Nick is one of those people that cut line and expect others to just shut up and deal with it. I think that is why he is so invested in this.
Wow you figured me out.
I'm the guy with a tired toddler who needed to be changed 1 hour into a 1.5 hour wait.
I left to change said toddler...returned to my wife who held our space.......
Making WDW such a horrible place to travel.

It's a wonder we can even sleep at night.

Thanks though for blocking all those legitimate kids from meeting their families. You are doing a great job.......keep it up. Those knuckles and your ego really need a workout.

G00fyDad

Wow you figured me out.
I'm the guy with a tired toddler who needed to be changed 1 hour into a 1.5 hour wait.
I left to change said toddler...returned to my wife who held our space.......
Making WDW such a horrible place to travel.

It's a wonder we can even sleep at night.

Thanks though for blocking all those legitimate kids from meeting their families. You are doing a great job.......keep it up. Those knuckles and your ego really need a workout.

Will do there boss!! I am a lost puppy in this world without your guidance. Please, do you have any more sage wisdom to pass on to a young lad like myself?

Oh, and the next time you want to get sanctimonious here try to use a different example. I have two children myself AND two grandchildren. Know what happened when we stood in line and they needed to be changed? That's right, we either ALL left the line or the one of us that did leave with the child waited at the exit for the others to arrive so we could then ride the attraction. It is the price to pay as a parent and a decent human being. ;)

NickMaio

Will do there boss!! I am a lost puppy in this world without your guidance. Please, do you have any more sage wisdom to pass on to a young lad like myself?

Oh, and the next time you want to get sanctimonious here try to use a different example. I have two children myself AND two grandchildren. Know what happened when we stood in line and they needed to be changed? That's right, we either ALL left the line or the one of us that did leave with the child waited at the exit for the others to arrive so we could then ride the attraction. It is the price to pay as a parent and a decent human being. ;)
Decency is where we differ.......🥴

Prince-1

Call it what you want but I do the same thing. You will not get past me in line. You can call it internet bravado but you don't know me. I have no issue going to the ground with someone that feels the need to put their hands on me. If your group cannot wait for you then you can go to the end of the line. If you leave the line to go to the restroom then sorry but you can go to the end of the line. I have zero tolerance for this because it is more of the "ME" culture that we see every day. It is all about what people can do for "ME". I have been to Disney (and many other theme parks, zoos, etc.) and I have never been such a jerk to get out of line and expect to get that spot back. I do not leave my family and expect them to hold that spot. Why? Because it is completely disrespectful to everyone else. Why is my time more important than other's? It isn't and neither is yours. We have become a nation of entitled spoiled snots and use phrases like "Who is it hurting?" or "It doesn't affect anyone so who cares?". Decent people that don't do that garbage are the ones that care. So yes, you may think it is people like me talking tough on the internet but you've never tried to walk past me in a line like this. ;)

Again internet bravado. Lol!!!

Dave B

Very inconsiderate and selfish I my opinion, people have to go and you should not have to all get out of line and START OVER, that is ludicrous

Dave B

I blocked them before the virus and I'll block them now as well. In a perfect world God on high would send a bolt of lightning down and strike dead anyone that tried to do this because it isn't allowed and has never been allowed it is just one of the many things Disney ignores to avoid upsetting the line jumping idiot.
Very inconsiderate and selfish I my opinion, people have to go and you should not have to all get out of line and START OVER, that is ludicrous

thomas998

You know when you start the line how long the wait is. And I doubt most of these people had some sudden need to rush to the bathroom its just an excuse used by rude people trying to justify having someone else hold them a spot in the line. Or did you actually think it was mere coincidence when only 1 person from a group of 4 didn't have to go to the bathroom and the other 3 magically went at the same time, and then arrived back at the ride at the same time. Excuse me for not being naive.

thomas998

Can you tell time?
Look at when you replied to my post. 7:30. You replied just after I posted.
They open at 7..... let's use some subtraction now

Then you tried to come up with all these reasons why I could not have called.
I could not find it online so I called. Plain and simple. Did you call? Nope.....or perhaps you did and they told you the same thing they told me.
There is flexibility in this rule.
It seems flexibility is something you are a little short on.
Can you make up some more stories? It doesn't matter when I posted a response, I don't get notifications telling me when a liar is posting something. The simple fact is you posted a claim that you called Disney before they were open... When I called you out on it you deleted the post... Now you want to pretend you deleted it because you weren't being polite enough in that post... well you know the real reason you deleted it and it had nothing to do with you being rude... If you deleted every post of yours that was rude there wouldn't be many left for anyone to see.

Why don't you go teach your kid to tell the teacher the dog ate his homework? If you want to make sure he follows in your footstep you can't start too soon, this forum is filled with people that understand what BS is and your not fooling anyone.

Dave B

Look if my child has to go to the restroom an hour into the process we're not starting over we're going to the bathroom and getting back in line with my wife and other child if you don't like that then there might be an issue if I had to walk by you. I would tell you that for sure because you would not be stopping me to get back to my wife and child after taking my other child to the restroom I promise you that

NickMaio

Can you make up some more stories? It doesn't matter when I posted a response, I don't get notifications telling me when a liar is posting something. The simple fact is you posted a claim that you called Disney before they were open... When I called you out on it you deleted the post... Now you want to pretend you deleted it because you weren't being polite enough in that post... well you know the real reason you deleted it and it had nothing to do with you being rude... If you deleted every post of yours that was rude there wouldn't be many left for anyone to see.

Why don't you go teach your kid to tell the teacher the dog ate his homework? If you want to make sure he follows in your footstep you can't start too soon, this forum is filled with people that understand what BS is and your not fooling anyone.
Coming from someone like you.....your opinion means absolutely nothing. I'm good.

I teach kindness and compassion. Not anger, fear, aggression and overcompensation.

At least I know that when I need to leave the line to take my child to the washroom that WDW will have my back.

NickMaio

I said the post was forward and aggressively suggestive. Big difference from rude or polite.
I have not qualms with being impolite online.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You can think a certain behavior is right or wrong. But why does everybody think "they" have the right to "enforce" Disney policy? If you see something that you feel is against policy, simply report the behavior and let those employed by Disney sort it out. So many times I've seen people in the parks try and "self-police". And it NEVER turns out the way they think it will.

thomas998

I said the post was forward and aggressively suggestive. Big difference from rude or polite.
I have not qualms with being impolite online.
As everyone that has read your post already knows. Be a man and admit you lied, its a much better thing to do than just stack up more and more to hide it. No one will think any less of you than they already do.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I blocked them before the virus and I'll block them now as well. In a perfect world God on high would send a bolt of lightning down and strike dead anyone that tried to do this because it isn't allowed and has never been allowed it is just one of the many things Disney ignores to avoid upsetting the line jumping idiot.
Oh if I had to leave for a legit reason and rejoin my party.. there is noooo way you are stopping me. Be fun to see you try but yeah... you don't have the strength to stop me.

BubbaisSleep

Oh if I had to leave for a legit reason and rejoin my party.. there is noooo way you are stopping me. Be fun to see you try but yeah... you don't have the strength to stop me.
Right! Not only will I get to my party, but you'll give me something to laugh about as I pass you to get to my party.

Energy and politeness go a long way too. Most people I have no problem letting through. Most people aren't rude or coming by with 15 people. Many look apologetic and might be two or three people. I know I'm always very thankful and apologetic when it's my turn to ask some people if I can pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom