Spooks Have Interrupted Our Tour

Florida

Original Poster
Lately every time I went on the Haunted Mansion last week it kept breaking down :ROFLOL:

Each time I was on it twice I got stuck in the Cemetery for 5 minutes and once I got stuck going down backwards for 30 minutes :hammer:

The Screams from all of the children was more terrifying than the ride :zipit:

H2Opolo15

This happens just about every time I ride it. In fact, I can't remember the last time it didn't happen. I take that time to test out my vocal chords and scream my head off as well like a little girl :p I think it's more because people can't get on the ride for one reason or another rather than a mechanical failur of any sort. Don't take my word for it tho. :shrug: I take this time to get a good look around!

bgraham34

In March I got stuck there for 25 mins in the graveyard scene. We would move 5 feet and it would stop for 5 minutes.

wilkeliza

On a typical day you end up with one or two quick stops to get wheelchair guests on and off the ride. However, the ride floors have sensors so if someone tries to walk around the ride or say a little kid gets bored and touches the floor the ride stops. A lot of the times the stops that are for long periods are because of some stupid guest trying to have some extra fun and get out of their doom buggy.

pumpkin7

i've had it stop before, but i quite enjoyed the fact that i got to look around and actually take the time to take in what i'm actually seeing. although the haunted mansion is great, i wish it would go a tad slower lol.
i think we stopped in the graveyard also. i was trying to figure out how they did everything.

Jakester

Its a Ride system that doesnt stop so they sometimes have guest that have a lil trouble boarding so they will stop the ride for a minute so the guest can board or unboard. My Uncle is Handicap and he sometimes needs a tad extra time for rides like these

C&D

I would welcome a stopage, especially if they had to turn up the lights a little; would love to see all the detail that can't be seen in normal light mode. Ruin the magic; nah, not for me. :)

perry23

It seems to me that it always breaks down when we are at the graveyard. But i like it because its my favorite part of the ride. :hammer:

LilSuzy

Awww...I have never been "stuck" on it....most it's ever stopped is 5 maybe 10 minutes tops....I think it would have been great if you were trying to photograph something and you stop in front of like the graveyard, or dining room scene :animwink:

mrsdanalind

Once we had a long stop in the dining room, it was really neat!

:hammer:I enjoy the stops most of the time, the only time I didn't was when there were a bunch of talkers behind me and they wouldn't be quiet. I just wanted to look around at all the neat effects, and they were jabbering like jaybirds and taking flash pictures. Really ruined the entire mood. :brick:

DebDeb

picture.php

We had the experience of the rare, but epic evacuation during our trip in June. Have to say it was really cool to see with the lights on!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
It happens when handicap individuals get on most of the time. It does not bother me whatsoever. Especially when it halts during the descent.

Now when Buzz Light stops. It's game time!

jaques21

i love the ride too but always wish that the ride stops on the backwards part so i can take a nice A/C dark room nap! i have come close stopping right before and just after that part and i have been on it 25+ times lol maybe one day!

JIMINYCR

I would welcome a stopage, especially if they had to turn up the lights a little; would love to see all the detail that can't be seen in normal light mode. Ruin the magic; nah, not for me. :)

We were fortunate to have a stoppage right in front of the ballroom/dining scene. I finally got to see all the little details that I wanted to see. Normally you are moving along just fast enough to overlook all the ghosts. Last time I saw a ghost under the table that I somehow didn't see before.

ChristianG

As most people have said, the ride isn't breaking down. They're merely stopping the ride so someone most likely with a wheelchair can get on. The ride doesn't stop at the sation. You have to get on before it leaves the station (but cast members do a good job guiding you to the "doom buggy" before it leaves.) However, for someone with a wheelchair, it will take more time to get on than someone without a wheelchair. So they'll have to stop it every once in a while. It may be a pain sitting there hearing the same line over and over again (The ride stopped for me at the leota scene... possibly one of the worst scenes to stop at), but it's usually not breaking down!

MickeyPeace

i love the ride too but always wish that the ride stops on the backwards part so i can take a nice A/C dark room nap! i have come close stopping right before and just after that part and i have been on it 25+ times lol maybe one day!

I have been stopped at that point before. Let me tell you it's not as fun as you would think.

The pressure from gravity being at the angle that you are when you descend presses pretty hard on your chest.

Combine that with that fact that there is nothing to look at at that point and it is quite unpleasant.

I was stuck between the rooftop and the man with dog in the graveyard. It was uncomfortable to even try to raise my head off of the back of the doombuggy.

I much rather would have been stuck in the graveyard scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom