SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

Phicinfan

For what it is worth, GMA had Paul Bettany, and he hinted that HE was the cameo he was hinting at. The fact they were bringing him in as White Vision. He did not specifically say it, but made it clear he was joking around on the cameo thing. Bit disappointing there...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Nightmare no longer makes sense. We're already been told that Agatha was responsible for prodding Wanda a long and that Wanda created everything in Westview. If Nightmare (or anyone for that matter) is involved, it will be an afterthought and forced (like hamfisting Palpatine into TROS-although I still liked that). There really isn't room for Nightmare so, if this rumor came from the same source as the last few rumors, we know it to be 100% false.
Except as we found out in Ep8 that Wanda created everything prior to Agatha coming to Westview. She only came to Westview because she sensed the large amount of spells being cast and wanted to investigate in order to gain more power.

The Nightmare rumor is based on the idea that Agatha has been lead by someone who has been teaching her dark magic using the Darkhold.

And this rumor has come from the same sources who has gotten everything right so far. Its been tracked by Den of Nerds, but we'll find out later tonight if its right or not. You also have to remember that there still needs to be a big bad that leads into Dr Strange 2, its not going to be just Wanda.

What would be interesting as a twist is if Agatha does end up being good after all. She only temporarily used this Westview anomaly to help Wanda achieve her full potential in order to protect the world. And, being actually good, Agatha fully intended to turn Westview back to its former self, helping the loved ones of those trapped, and reuniting them.ALL she ever wanted was to tap into Wanda's powers for the sake of the world. She just had to use crude methods because, well, she is a witch by nature.
The final fight looks like its going to be the Maximoff family (including Pietro), Dr Strange and Monica vs Agatha (and whomever is behind her dark powers from the Darkhold). So I don't think she is going to end up being good.

Jedijax719

Except as we found out in Ep8 that Wanda created everything prior to Agatha coming to Westview. She only came to Westview because she sensed the large amount of spells being cast and wanted to investigate in order to gain more power.

The Nightmare rumor is based on the idea that Agatha has been lead by someone who has been teaching her dark magic using the Darkhold.

And this rumor has come from the same sources who has gotten everything right so far. Its been tracked by Den of Nerds, but we'll find out later tonight if its right or not. You also have to remember that there still needs to be a big bad that leads into Dr Strange 2, its not going to be just Wanda.

The final fight looks like its going to be the Maximoff family (including Pietro), Dr Strange and Monica vs Agatha (and whomever is behind her dark powers from the Darkhold). So I don't think she is going to end up being good.
I have no idea where you got this information from. I HOPE it's not Screen Culture. That site is a hoax.

Dr. Strange?How do you even figure he's going to be part of this? The episode is the same length as the others so there's just no time to bring him in at all except in maybe a credit scene.

Also, there's another conflict going on in the show. It's between Hayward and, well, everyone. So what about White Vision and SWORD?

And, no, there does not have to be a big bad villain that leads into Strange 2. That movie can introduce its own villain and, for all we know, Strange may need to find Wanda to help him if this villain uses the same magic as her.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have no idea where you got this information from. I HOPE it's not Screen Culture. That site is a hoax.
No, I don't follow Screen Culture. I get information from many sources, but this one comes from Den of Nerds who is pretty good on rounding up all the rumors and provide a good overview of them, of which are valid and which are not.

Dr. Strange?How do you even figure he's going to be part of this? The episode is the same length as the others so there's just no time to bring him in at all except in maybe a credit scene.
Well he has to be involved somehow as the events of this show leads directly into Dr Strange 2. Also if the 50 minute runtime is true, you can still pack a lot into that runtime.

Also, there's another conflict going on in the show. It's between Hayward and, well, everyone. So what about White Vision and SWORD?
I don't have all the answers, obviously no one here does. So let me just say its not called the Hayward show, its called WandaVision. So Hayward has always been a minor conflict in all this.

My immediate thought is that Wanda trying to merge Hex Vision and White Vision together is what causes the split in the multiverse.

DavidNoble

Patiently waiting to see all of the craziness that happens in this episode. Excited for it and then next week we get the new Falcon and Winter Soldier show which is going to be so different from this show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
You don't need a big bad if all chaos is running amok. People can create chaos accidentally, that must be fixed, or, they didn't realize what the consequences of their actions were going to be. Someone can be blamed for the chaos, but that doesn't mean they chose it or will fight you from fixing it.

So... that's just a possibility.

Ep. 7 teased Agatha's role.

Ep. 8 teased White Vision... not a big bad... unless Ultron is in there.

DCLcruiser

I agree:

Wanda created the Hex in Westview, NJ.

Agatha went to the Hex to study Wanda's powers.

Some questions I have:

1) When was the medieval lair underneath Agatha's house built?
2) Is the lair in NJ, or do doorways to the basement transport you somewhere else (Salem, MA?)
3) Who bought the plot of land in Westview? (V is written, but it could be fake)
4) Why did they select that specific plot of land? (Is it bc the lair is next door?)
5) How/When did Wanda receive the Property Deed?

Most of the answers could lead to Wanda being provoked specifically toward Westview, NJ in order to place her next door to the lair.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree:

Wanda created the Hex in Westview, NJ.

Agatha went to the Hex to study Wanda's powers.

Some questions I have:

1) When was the medieval lair underneath Agatha's house built?
2) Is the lair in NJ, or do doorways to the basement transport you somewhere else (Salem, MA?)
3) Who bought the plot of land in Westview? (V is written, but it could be fake)
4) Why did they select that specific plot of land? (Is it bc the lair is next door?)
5) How/When did Wanda receive the Property Deed?

Most of the answers could lead to Wanda being provoked specifically toward Westview, NJ in order to place her next door to the lair.
Yeah, ScreenCrush's theory is that Wanda was led and provoked to go to Westview rather than Vision just randomly picking that town.

But... if that's Agatha's lair that pre-dated the Hex, then it doesn't make sense for Agatha to say she was attracted to Westview by what Wanda did.

Of course, given enough time, Agatha may have the juice to transorm a regular basement into a lair with her own magic.

DCLcruiser

Yeah, ScreenCrush's theory is that Wanda was led and provoked to go to Westview rather than Vision just randomly picking that town.

But... if that's Agatha's lair that pre-dated the Hex, then it doesn't make sense for Agatha to say she was attracted to Westview by what Wanda did.

Of course, given enough time, Agatha may have the juice to transorm a regular basement into a lair with her own magic.
Transforming matter would be Wanda's forte. Unless it is an illusion, which is Agatha's magic.

Ripken10

Wanda being tied up with magical bonds was just an illusion?
I could be wrong, but I THOUGHT the most consistent thought was that the Lair in Agatha's basement was most likely there before Agatha got there.
So it wouldn't be Agatha's lair. But when Wanda (and later Agatha) were drawn to these locations, where Agatha just so happens to have a lair (not by accident), she used that lair to be her own.
This of course assumes someone else is involved that brought Wanda here.

No? (my random thought -- if Agatha is not involved with the the big bad...which would make sense because in episode 8 she seems to be trying to figure it out -- then that would imply that the big bad knew Agatha was going to follow Wanda here and needed her in that house with a lair).

DCLcruiser

Wanda being tied up with magical bonds was just an illusion?
I hear you. But, in general:

"Harkness derives her powers from manipulation of the forces of magic. She has the ability to manipulate magical forces for a number of effects, including teleportation, energy projection, and the tapping of extra-dimensional energy by invoking entities or objects of power existing in dimensions tangential to Earth's through the recitation of spells. She also has the abilities of mesmerism, thought-casting, and illusion-casting. Her advanced age reduces her ability to perform strenuous physical tasks" (Wikipedia)

In WandaVision she uses these abilities to turn the bug into a bird.

MarvelCharacterNerd

For what it is worth, GMA had Paul Bettany, and he hinted that HE was the cameo he was hinting at. The fact they were bringing him in as White Vision. He did not specifically say it, but made it clear he was joking around on the cameo thing. Bit disappointing there...
Yeah, he admitted he was trolling. Boo.

... unless it's a double-fake-out. Yay! :D

MarvelCharacterNerd

As people have been strongly reacting across the 'Net to Vision's line in the last ep, including one article that noted that he is the character that gets all the poignant observations about humanity because he isn't human... it reminded me that yes, Vision had my favorite line in all the MCU (a very Joss line, ironically enough):

"A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts."

That line knocked the wind out of me as soon as I heard it. It was... perfect.

And Vision's grief line in the last episode was another one that I had a visceral, physical reaction to as soon as it was said:

"What is grief... if not love persevering?"

Just, damn. Again, amazing. Hat tip to that episode's writer, Laura Donney (or whoever in the writers room came up with the actual line).

So it means that Vision has my favorite line in the MCU AND my favorite line (so far) in Disney+'s Marvel shows and they are both 💔💔

Darkprime

Cant believe the finale is tonight yo. And that was an epic troll by Bettany though there goes all our reed richards and professor x theories 🤣🤣🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom