SPOILERS: Star Wars' ANDOR

Screamface

Regardless of whether one actually likes the show... man these production values, set design, script writing and directing are just so far ahead of a lot of their other series.

Obi Wan, even if one liked it better, was nothing like this. Which is confusing for what should have been the bigger series.

Any word on the respective budgets?

Judging from the projects Disney has produced with Star Wars, it really seems like they just hire people and just let them do what they want. Which is why there have been so many issues. Not enough oversight and bad choices made in who they hire.

With Kenobi, they hired a writer and director for the series who just were not up to the task.

Andor shows what happens when you get someone who is.

Phroobar

Except the writer doesn't seem to understand what Star Wars is. This show is too wordy and not fun. It is about as entertaining as a Senate hearing on trade routes. They even had Mon Mothma talking to herself in the Senate as a few Senators walked out. The characters are uninteresting. There are few action sequences. It is too dark feeling. Most sets are Stagecraft CG. However, I do give them props for going outside into a real environment occasionally. I keep hoping for a payoff but it still hasn't happen. This show can be any scifi tv show except Star Wars.

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

This show is still good for what it is in terms of giving us a deeper look at the non-action side of Star Wars and how all of the politics and rebellion play out.

However, they could afford to throw a little more action into the mix. This was a pretty slow episode.

Burning question: why is it I can "skip credits" on the Mandalorian or Tales of the Jedi, even though they're 2 seconds long, but this show insists on making me watch the Andor logo every time which takes seven minutes by my estimation?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Burning question: why is it I can "skip credits" on the Mandalorian or Tales of the Jedi, even though they're 2 seconds long, but this show insists on making me watch the Andor logo every time which takes seven minutes by my estimation?
Same thought!

Also, Rings of Power "skip intro" jumped to where there were still 7 seconds left in the intro.

doctornick

I would like the show to have more action, but I though the post-heist episodes were actually quite good and I do enjoy that different threads actually seem to be coming together instead of just being forgotten or ignored. If the trend of every 3 episodes being a mini-arc continues, I would assume that Andor breaks out of prison next week in a more action oriented episode. The final three episodes have all the plots converge with Andor (and Bix maybe?) joining the Rebellion in earnest and meeting up with Mon. Probably having Maarva die which hardens his resolve.

Probably won't get resolution on this sister this season, but will we get more information about Kanari? And we are supposed to have K-2SO appear this season, right?

JohnD

This show is still good for what it is in terms of giving us a deeper look at the non-action side of Star Wars and how all of the politics and rebellion play out.

However, they could afford to throw a little more action into the mix. This was a pretty slow episode.

Production values are great and all that. Okay, sure. But what have we gotten so far in eight episodes? A heist, Andor thrown in prison, and Mon Mothma going to a lot of garden parties. I watched all of Tales for the Jedi last night. There was more story in just one of the six 20 minute segments than we've gotten out of Andor's eight episodes.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Probably won't get resolution on this sister this season, but will we get more information about Kanari?
I thought we had sort of a resolution on the sister for now at least, as Maarva said she was dead. Now maybe this isn't the final resolution, but its at least a current resolution for that thread.

And we are supposed to have K-2SO appear this season, right?
Well we've already had an appearance of KX droid, so K-2 will show up. But I believe its been confirmed for season 2.

Screamface

Except the writer doesn't seem to understand what Star Wars is. This show is too wordy and not fun. It is about as entertaining as a Senate hearing on trade routes. They even had Mon Mothma talking to herself in the Senate as a few Senators walked out. The characters are uninteresting. There are few action sequences. It is too dark feeling. Most sets are Stagecraft CG. However, I do give them props for going outside into a real environment occasionally. I keep hoping for a payoff but it still hasn't happen. This show can be any scifi tv show except Star Wars.

I am personally loving it as a life long Star Wars fan, who has barely watched the animated stuff. There's lots of Star Wars themes baked into it.

I do think the weekly episode format, as I have mentioned before is a negative to this show. It's meant to stand as a complete piece, not slowly dolled out over weeks.

DKampy

I am personally loving it as a life long Star Wars fan, who has barely watched the animated stuff. There's lots of Star Wars themes baked into it.

I do think the weekly episode format, as I have mentioned before is a negative to this show. It's meant to stand as a complete piece, not slowly dolled out over weeks.
I love it as wellā€¦it is probably my favorite of the Disney plus showsā€¦yes even more than the Mandalorianā€¦I feel like this is the 1st time we are digging into the inner workings of the empireā€¦I also never got into the animated showsā€¦ but I am a die hard lifelong live action Star Wars fanā€¦I also donā€™t mind and even actually appreciate a slow burn

sedati

LeĆ­da is up to something and I canā€™t decide whether sheā€™s just a perturbed teen or the real master spy.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Enjoyed the episode though there were a few moments that seemed especially on the nose political. And then I saw who wrote the episode and thought "ah, that explains it". lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wasn't entirely onboard at the start of this series, felt it got off to a slow start, but I am liking it more and more with each episode. It is just a relentless slow burn which I am really enjoying. The prison concept it amazing, such an interesting take on the oppressive prison idea. I saw a recent article that was entitled The Empire is Scarier without Sith Lords and Superlasers, and I totally agree.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wasn't entirely onboard at the start of this series, felt it got off to a slow start, but I am liking it more and more with each episode. It is just a relentless slow burn which I am really enjoying. The prison concept it amazing, such an interesting take on the oppressive prison idea. I saw a recent article that was entitled The Empire is Scarier without Sith Lords and Superlasers, and I totally agree.
People who haven't experienced it personally just don't get what's so wrong with a totalitarian/fascist state. What happened to Andor is happening in many places on this planet right now (minus the space magic).

This is the answer to all the people who've said "the Empire was right."

Disney Analyst

Such a fantastic episode.

I find it really interesting getting into the inner workings of the Empire. The prison is wildly interesting but also terrifying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom