SPOILERS: Indiana Jones 5 (Jun 30, 2023)

MickeyMouse10

This looks like a cheap knockoff of Indiana Jones. No wonder Spielberg didn't want to have anything to do with it. The special effects look lousy, especially for the horse scene.

Casper Gutman

People who believe a word Doomcock says are idiots who want to be angry. I am so tired of idiots.

Even if there is time travel in the film, they aren’t going to “replace” Indy retroactively with a woman. Disney isn’t going to wipe out one of there most famous properties, one with a large theme park presence and a marketable future. To believe that, even for a second, is to prove yourself such a sucker as to be beneath contempt. Not all criticism of Kennedy is misogynist, but this? This is undeniably misogynist.

Is our educational system this bad at teaching critical thought?

CaptainMickey

People who believe a word Doomcock says are idiots who want to be angry. I am so tired of idiots.

Even if there is time travel in the film, they aren’t going to “replace” Indy retroactively with a woman. Disney isn’t going to wipe out one of there most famous properties, one with a large theme park presence and a marketable future. To believe that, even for a second, is to prove yourself such a sucker as to be beneath contempt. Not all criticism of Kennedy is misogynist, but this? This is undeniably misogynist.

Is our educational system this bad at teaching critical thought?
I used to think something like that would never happen too. Then I saw what KK let happen to Luke and Han Solo.

CaptainMickey

You mean making Luke an interesting character who developed themes about the failure of the Jedis that Lucas had been pointing towards since Empire? Or having Han killed off, the only way Ford would agree to appear in the film?
If you asked me how to make Luke less interesting or think of a worse way to kill off Han Solo then KK did in those movies, I couldn't think of one. Guess we will never agree on that one. But we will agree she split the fandom.

Luke's entrance in the Mandalorian was awesome. I think all fans can agree on that one.

Screamface

You mean making Luke an interesting character who developed themes about the failure of the Jedis that Lucas had been pointing towards since Empire? Or having Han killed off, the only way Ford would agree to appear in the film?

Why is Luke being a failure, abandoning the legacy and everything the only way he could be "interesting"? I don't get this mentality. This nihilistic approach is the opposite of Luke's story and Star Wars at it's core.

Casper Gutman

Why is Luke being a failure, abandoning the legacy and everything the only way he could be "interesting"? I don't get this mentality. This nihilistic approach is the opposite of Luke's story and Star Wars at it's core.
The Jedi legacy is broken. Luke became a hero by ignoring the explicit advice of his Jedi mentors, forming numerous profound personal attachments, frequently giving into emotion, and believing in a Father that the Jedi order had profoundly failed. He then spends years learning about a complacent, decadent order that did things like ignoring the enslavement of his grandmother and thousands of others on Tatooine in favor of negotiating trade agreements. Luke’s story absolutely leads to a reconsideration of the old Jedi code and the construction of something new. We got the first part of that, but unfortunately Disney got scared off from doing the second bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom