Splitsville

wiigirl

On schedule still.

I think so...
75.gif

Did Knee

Grand opening is Friday, December 7th, or at least its being included in the New Fantasyland / Test Track media event we're going to.
Cool! I can go bowling on the 71rst anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor! I'm not sure how that links together but....couldn't they have picked another day?

WDWBryan

Cool! I can go bowling on the 71rst anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor! I'm not sure how that links together but....couldn't they have picked another day?
They reopened the Japanese quick service restaurant in Epcot on December 7th last year.

WDW1974

Grand opening is Friday, December 7th, or at least its being included in the New Fantasyland / Test Track media event we're going to.

That's quite a surprise considering what it looked like a few weeks ago, although I'm guessing that Disney isn't responsible for building it so it may pick up steam.

But I'm curious, how are you going to the media event? Are you a writer or journalist? A blogger? Own a Disney Lifestyle site? A Disney travel agent?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's quite a surprise considering what it looked like a few weeks ago, although I'm guessing that Disney isn't responsible for building it so it may pick up steam.

The Save PI site had an update last week on Splitsville. Said all references to the "Fall 2012" opening date had been removed from the building. That said, with fall ending the third week of December, I suppose anything is possible.....

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wonder if Disney conned them into using the Disney construction entity to build it or something :) Must have been a good deal that included no cost to Splitsville while under construction. Most entities want to rush to get the door open as they often pay rent during construction. This thing has been lethargic.

I think its going to be one of the more popular dining avenues in DTD if their seating is sufficient.

Goofnut1980

I can't wait to see it on 12/14 when I go for a visit... Odd question, but why are they waiting till 12/6 to open FLE. I mean they have been doing soft openings already... Why wait another 6 weeks if everything is basically done???

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

But I'm curious, how are you going to the media event? Are you a writer or journalist? A blogger? Own a Disney Lifestyle site? A Disney travel agent?

Profile says assignment editor for ABC 6 in Columbus, OH.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I can't wait to see it on 12/14 when I go for a visit... Odd question, but why are they waiting till 12/6 to open FLE. I mean they have been doing soft openings already... Why wait another 6 weeks if everything is basically done???

Probably a combination of spit and polish, plus a desire to combine openings of things. This is what they did at DL to great effect the past couple years. So you do new Test Track, new FL stuff, new Splitsville, maybe the redone France bakery or restaurant, maybe the new DaK meet n greet, and it sounds like you got stuff going on everywhere.

TravisMT81

And that needs updated, thanks for reminding me. :)

Assignment editor for WBNS 10TV in Columbus, OH.

Profile just updated. Oy! Last update was 6 trips, 1 job, and 2 kids ago!

I live here in Florida, but originally from Ohio. I watched WBNS since I was a kid lol! Anyway miss Andrea!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sorry but I just don't see it opening before the end of the year. They are moving at a snail's pace. I can easily see inside by looking through construction walls and it was still nearly empty inside. Unless they are planning to SIGNIFICANTLY step up contrustion, that's just not gonna happen. So the question is, can someone provide a link from Disney indicating it is part of the Dec 7th events?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom