Splash Mtn Restraints

OnWithTheShow

Original Poster
Twitter is abuzz this morning with reports of lap bars on WDW's Splash. Some are stating they are already cycling logs with restraints. Anyone able to stop by and check it out?

Testtrack321

I was personally hoping for four point restraints in racing seats myself. :p

Also, if they do that, can they shut off that damn water cannon! The only way to avoid it is to move around, and now you can't do that!

David S.

Also, if they do that, can they shut off that damn water cannon! The only way to avoid it is to move around, and now you can't do that!

I agree! :) Although hopefully there will still be a way to dodge the cannon even with the lap bars. Are they two, imdividual lap bars per row (like Everest), or one lap bar for the entire row (like Thunder)? If they are like Thunder, it would probably be easier to dodge the cannon, as the laterals on Thunder can still slide me across the seat, even with the lap bar. If the new bars are two individual bars per row, like Everest, the best way to dodge the cannon would be to sit in the left seat!

Ironically, Splash is my co-favorite attraction in all of WDW, but not for the water elements - for the dark ride elements, characters, and songs! The possibility of being soaked is not the appeal of the ride for me, but rather, a deterrent. Some of my favorite rides ever on Splash were on COLD winter evenings when the canons were off, nobody was riding, and I was able to go multiple times in a row, enjoying the songs and AAs, without walking back around the queue, because no one was riding. Yet, I was able to stay COMPLETELY dry, being the only one in the boat! Which ironically, the reason others were not riding was because it's considered a "water ride" and they didn't want to get wet. Which, I didn't, thanks to the cannon being off!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do they really need restraints? I mean we've gone so long without them already.
Much to my chagrin they do. Far to many people get out of the logs and cause e-stops and/or hurt themselves. Like most things in this world, an inconsiderate few screw it up for the rest of us.

njDizFan

Although the lap bars might be neccesary to stop people from getting out of their seats and stopping the ride, I think it really detracts from the ride. The last drop really is a little scary knowing there is nothing holding you into your seat.

H2Opolo15

Definite dislike. It's half the fun to be afraid of flying out of your seat or being able t move around out of the way of the water canon! Altho I do not like this at all I agree with the decision and see why they do it. As stated, it's a lame few who ruin it for the rest of us...

Lee

Adventurer
lets thank all the sue happy people in the world for this one...booo:(
Sue-happy folks aren't to blame for this.
This is about the idiots who decide toclimb out of the logs in mid ride.
There have been injuries and even one death due to such behavior.

Alektronic

I don't like it either,but you have to do something to keep people in their seats, apparently they can't follow simple instructions.

The big problem with the lap bars is that it will increase the wait times for the ride because loading and unloading will be slower and then there will be lap bar checks and if unloading is a lot slower, then there will be plenty of backups.

twinnstar

Holy crappoli, why would anyone climb out of/around the log? I cant even see a reason for this! are they trying to touch things or something?? :brick:

stitch2008

Holy crappoli, why would anyone climb out of/around the log? I cant even see a reason for this! are they trying to touch things or something?? :brick:

People either are scared to ride or are punks who wanna act cool. While visiting Kings Island last summer, I saw three teens jump off the train, run along side it, and then jump back on, just for the fun of it.:brick::brick: Some people actually think it's cool to do stuff like that. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom