Splash Mtn. refurb

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been discussed, but I saw an update on allearsnet.com that Splash Mtn. might close for a refurb in early Jan (2nd-27th) If this is true, hopefully the attraction will get the TLC that it needs! :D

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
this is messed up.....if splash mountain AND rockin roller coaster are both closed when im down there in january im gonna cause hell with the company....thats just not fair at all.

HinunterZuNich

Yea I would be bummed but you kind of have to expect a refurb for a major ride at that time (post x-mas and not summer).

And to whoever said there was mold on the boats, there WAS NONE!!!! I was so amazed on my first ride when I noticed there was no disgusting smell when sitting in the logs. To my surprise, the handbar padding was brand new and fully brown.... I wonder how long it will take to get nasty haha.

clarkstallings

They really ought to just replace the foam on the handbars with an impermiable solid. Do the handbars really need to be soft? I don't think so. To this day I will not under any circumstance touch those handbars. If the vehicle was to some how invert and I was about to fall out, I wouldn't grab those handbars to save my life. They are just disgusting.

majortom1981

hmm

When I went about a week and a couple of days ago the last ride out of four had the jumping water not working.

So 3 out of four times the jumping water was working. Other then that everything seemed good.

barnum42

Do the handbars really need to be soft? I don't think so.
When you see how many people close their eyes and curl into the foetal position for the main drop they are increasing their chance of whacking their noggin against the hand bar, which will be one reason to have it padded.

RSoxNo1

You're all germaphobes. I also use the handlebars, and I've only gotten ebola once.

I hope this refurb restores the ride to it's original glory with all the animatronics and water effects working correctly. It's often hit or miss with this ride, and when things aren't working correctly, the ride is relatively poor for first timers.

becca-becca

We are going to be at WDW January 19-27. Is there any chance SM might open back up early? Has anyone ever have this happen? This is our favorite ride and we are dissapointed, although we know it is a risk we take for going in January. :(

barnum42

You're all germaphobes. I also use the handlebars, and I've only gotten ebola once.
It does seem that many people are overly cautious of germs. It is my understanding that the human body, once exposed to germs is then able to build a decent defence against many of them. But living in too sterile an environment leads to the immune system not being allowed to build up to it's full strength.

The wide use of disinfectants at home has made things so sterile that people's immune system is missing out. I'm no slob, but I don't disinfect every surface, clean the loo eight times an hour and refuse to touch anything outside. Oh - I will touch raw chicken :lol:

Given my comparatively lapse way of dealing with germs I can say that it's been over ten years since I took time off work courtesy of a germ. I've had colds and I've had time off after breaking a bone but I'm sure one of the reasons I don't do sickies is that my immune system was not molly-coddled. It got the chance to recognise the enemy and can now effectively deal with it :)

erinuga

This thread is making me laugh- because my family and i aren't even so much worried about the germs on the handlebars- but the smell that won't come off our hands for the rest of the day if we do touch the bars. no soap can dispose of or cover that unique aroma up!

Meeko

When you see how many people close their eyes and curl into the foetal position for the main drop they are increasing their chance of whacking their noggin against the hand bar, which will be one reason to have it padded.
:lol: Thanks for the mental image - I laughed outloud at my desk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom