Splash Mt. Down 10/19-?

RSoxNo1

I suppose "chunks o' concrete" might be a better descriptor than "rocks."

DSC01962.jpg

Are these things still up? Have the trails reopened?

Bairstow

When I was there on October 20th the nets were still up.
Pretty sure all the trails were open, at least the ones that offered something to see.

When I went in Sep. it was down all morning. And in July I was in MK for two nights & it was down for a few hours each night. Seriously needs to have some TLC.

pumpkin7

Apparently Disney had cause to take the account seriously because after I rode Splash at 9:30 that morning, it was closed and dry by 10:00, stayed that way for the rest of the operating day (I was in Fronteirland at close), and when it opened the next morning the tarps were up.

It's entirely possible there is some other explanation, but I haven't heard one.
Disney_On_The_Cheap_328.jpg

Disney_On_The_Cheap_325.jpg

Ugh, those pics sent shivers down my spine! How scary looking is splash when it's dry? and the boats are backed up like that?

janoimagine

Are these things still up? Have the trails reopened?
They were up last week 10/21-27 ... I was told by one cast member they were temp, by the other they were permanent ... I went to Guest Relations and ... voiced a STRONG displeasure at their visual impact ... not to mention they were covered with leaves and debris before Hurricane Sandy made her apperance ... I can only imagine what they look like now. They are ghetto and cheap ... thats about it.

Bairstow

Given that they had to install something to protect guests from falling steel and fiberglass, the Tree of Life nets don't look too bad.
The wooden poles and rope nets look a lot better than if they had totally cheaped out like they probably wanted to and gone with chain link.

janoimagine

Given that they had to install something to protect guests from falling steel and fiberglass, the Tree of Life nets don't look too bad.
The wooden poles and rope nets look a lot better than if they had totally cheaped out like they probably wanted to and gone with chain link.

Seriously?

They had one small piece fall and land next to a walking path. If we follow that logic they should be putting netting any where there are large trees ... it was a knee jerk reaction by a lawyer or suit. :rolleyes:

And it looks like absolute hell.

PurpleRose

I'll never forget taking my niece onto Splash for her first time, only to have the finale silent. Now that's scary. All the animatronics moving but no sound? Scared her worse than the drop did!

Tom

Beta Return
Something like 20 minutes to drain and 10 minutes to fill. Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, and I can't remember the exact numbers but it's something rediculously fast like that.

Yeah, it's something like that....maybe the other way around. Gravity helps them drain it down into a big pit behind the ride. They have to pump it back in.

hellowonderland

We just got back -- were there from 10/18 till 10/28 and SM was down more than it was up. We only rode it twice and noticed so many A's not working -- especially in the Laughin' Place. Also, the logs were gross -- both times they had garbage in them, soggy paper towels, other trash like a drink cup and stickers- a pet peeve of mine so I noticed it more than my husband did.

While we were there, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Splash, Space Mountain, and the TTA all went down numerous times. It was very, very disappointing. It seemed like every time we wanted to ride a ride, it was broken down... sad times.

janoimagine

We just got back -- were there from 10/18 till 10/28 and SM was down more than it was up. We only rode it twice and noticed so many A's not working -- especially in the Laughin' Place. Also, the logs were gross -- both times they had garbage in them, soggy paper towels, other trash like a drink cup and stickers- a pet peeve of mine so I noticed it more than my husband did.

While we were there, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Splash, Space Mountain, and the TTA all went down numerous times. It was very, very disappointing. It seemed like every time we wanted to ride a ride, it was broken down... sad times.
Agreed, we had a similar experience, we went on the Dream from the 18-21, the stayed at the Beach Club from the 21-28 ... We had a similar experience, and never rode Splash because it was never operating when we were near it. I will say that when we did get to ride an attraction, with the exception of Peter Pan and Dinosaur (and the film in Soarin), the effects were in perfect working order and the rides looked the best they have in a while.

Side note but ... did you notice an increase in Security at the parks / resorts this trip too?

Bairstow

Side note but ... did you notice an increase in Security at the parks / resorts this trip too?

I certainly did, at least at the Magic Kingdom.
I was there from October 19-22 and especially obvious were the uniformed security personnel walking around in the open near the Fantasyland expansion. My guess is that the Seven Dwarves construction walls prevents them from accessing the back reaches of Fantasyland, and until the construction is complete there is no easy way to move through the utilidoors or backstage.

Did anyone ever confirm whether Biden's family was visiting the resort at this time?
I know John Lasseter was there.

hellowonderland

Agreed, we had a similar experience, we went on the Dream from the 18-21, the stayed at the Beach Club from the 21-28 ... We had a similar experience, and never rode Splash because it was never operating when we were near it. I will say that when we did get to ride an attraction, with the exception of Peter Pan and Dinosaur (and the film in Soarin), the effects were in perfect working order and the rides looked the best they have in a while.

I didn't notice, but I had my brain switched off ;-)

Should have also mentioned that Midway Mania was down a ton too, and when it wasn't, it had 110 minute waits. Riiiidiculous. We rode it once and called it a day ... I wasn't about to stab people in line for fastpasses at 9am like some people were doing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom