Splash Mountian Backwards

JimboJones123

Original Poster
First of all, let's not turn this into a debate of if it is possible or not. It can be discussed, but not debated.

Now that the business is out of the way.

What would you think of Splash Mountian Backwards. I know I spend 1/2 of the ride turning my head backwards to see what I missed. I'm not talking all the time, but if it were possible, maybe for a night time thing like the Rockit Mountian or Pirates of the Scaribbean ideas? Would any other attraction be just as fun backwards? BTMRR, SM, RNRC? Yeah, it's a Six Flags idea, I know, but it could be kinda cool on Splash Mt. for sure since there is SO much to see.

WDWFigment

Aren't you saying to go through the whole ride backwards, not just the drop? It'd be interesting to see once, but I don't think it fits with Disney. This is a highly themed ride, and it's not something that should be experienced any way besides that available normally. It's something crazed fans like us would like to experience, but we like all of the details that can ruin the magic for others (just like we all would've loved walking through SSE with the lights on, but a lot of guests complained about it when they got the 'opportunity').

lilmizpixie3

Maybe they could do this for Halloween, doesn't universal turn their roller coasters backwards around than? I think I would be too afraid to go backwards down the hill!

Tom Morrow

^ Exactly. The show scenes are all set up to be viewed the way you face them right now, so they would never do this. Honestly, I just think that would be irritating, facing the wrong way. Big Thunder, on the other hand, would probably be really awesome backwards.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
^ Exactly. The show scenes are all set up to be viewed the way you face them right now, so they would never do this. Honestly, I just think that would be irritating, facing the wrong way. Big Thunder, on the other hand, would probably be really awesome backwards.

All the more reason to make me want to ride it!

JimboJones123 said:
Splash Mountian Backwards

Naitnuom Hsalps

Somebody had to do it :lookaroun

cb3k

I'm not sure that universal turns their coasters around..I have been there several times during halloween horror nights and have never seen it..I am all in favor of splash bwards..I can't see pirates workin as good for some reason

slappy magoo

I kinda wonder if the drop would do a number on people's back, though, since it's not designed to be experienced that way. Would the "logs" give you the support you'd need, could it hurt anyone, etc.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I kinda wonder if the drop would do a number on people's back, though, since it's not designed to be experienced that way. Would the "logs" give you the support you'd need, could it hurt anyone, etc.

That crossed my mind also, perhaps they could put in shoulder restraints to keep you from lurching forward (backwards :lookaroun ) towards the front of the log as you descended.

CoffeeJedi

Bad idea. The gags are are all designed to be seen forwards via the angle of the figures to the flume.
Also, have you ever really looked behind you on Splash or Pirates? Spotlights, show-lights, exit signs, thinly hidden access doors, blank unthemed walls.... no thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom