News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruzin_PA

Perhaps I'm late or missed it, but is the retheme still on for WDW? Last I thought that OLC rejected the idea, so WDW would have to pay for the retheme in Tokyo. So moving forward the change would have to be approved by OLC???

ToTBellHop

After going back and looking at the photos for Rat. I can confirm their is a Single Riders line. It says “Single Riders” right under the wait time.

EDIT: If they use it, that is a whole other matter entirely.
Wow. My mistake! Sorry. Surely you are correct that it won’t be used until masks are gone (and WDW has a history
of building SRLs and not using them).

Brer Panther

is the retheme still on for WDW? Last I thought that OLC rejected the idea, so WDW would have to pay for the retheme in Tokyo. So moving forward the change would have to be approved by OLC???
I honestly don't know. I've heard rumors that the retheme of Disney World's version has been cancelled, but I can't make heads or tails of which rumors I hear about the retheme I should believe and which ones I shouldn't.

celluloid

Also Disney isn’t going to just destroy the physical ride, as much as I don’t like admitting it, the DCA ToT to GotG transformation showed that when the physical ride experience is enjoyable and popular it really doesn’t matter what theme it is, it will always be popular.

People raving for Indy over Countdown to Extinction is just one examplewhere that would point to the opposite being the case.
The thrill is just one aspect. A fallback in those case.

Touchdown

People raving for Indy over Countdown to Extinction is just one examplewhere that would point to the opposite being the case.
The thrill is just one aspect. A fallback in those case.
I like Indy more then CTE (and CTE more then Dinosaur) but they are both great rides and rides I try to do multiple times when I’m in their parks.

FantasiaMickey2000

Perhaps I'm late or missed it, but is the retheme still on for WDW? Last I thought that OLC rejected the idea, so WDW would have to pay for the retheme in Tokyo. So moving forward the change would have to be approved by OLC???
I don’t think anyone really knows other than those in management at Disney. I’ve read those same rumors but I’ve also read rumors that Disney is taking from from other projects (such as why Tron is walled up) to work on retheming Splash. So honestly, I don’t think you’ll get any for sure answers on here.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I believe WDW retheming depends on OLC because the two are pretty much the same and TDO wanted OLC to split the retheme cost. If I'm not wrong, OLC is still against PaTF

JohnD

So I’m in MK and SplM is down ... again. I’m in the queue for Pirates. It’s wait went from 50 to 85 min. Good thing I was already in the Pirates queue before SplM went down.

Brer Panther

Where have you heard rumors?
Well, there's this tweet from back in September:

There are also some posts about the status of the retheme on this very site:

Take all of this with a grain of salt, though.

wdrive

All wishful thinking. They can't and won't step back on it after talking about it again 8 months after the announcement.

They’ve announced plenty before and mentioned it multiple times before it’s disappeared forever.

Granted, it is most likely wishful thinking, but it has happened before.

Stupido

They’ve announced plenty before and mentioned it multiple times before it’s disappeared forever.

Granted, it is most likely wishful thinking, but it has happened before.

Not when Disney has proven themselves to be committed to really scrubbing their parks of anything racially charged. With more and more family orientated companies already seeming to be follow Disney's lead, I think it kinda really forces Disney to uphold their commitment. Sure they might start with smaller moves such as JC and PP, but I would be shocked if this doesn't happen. In this context, think wishful thinking is a kinder way of saying delusional.

Last edited:

wdrive

Not when Disney has proven themselves to be committed to really scrubbing their parks of anything racially charged.

I agree, but just to play devils advocate, what has actually changed so far? Plenty of announcements but no actual action yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom