News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Disstevefan1

we rode this at the beginning of the month as a last hurrah and soooooo many effects were broken. The blacklight bees were not buzzing, etc. I was almost sad that I took the final ride as I thought "please put it out of its misery". At least the new ride will be a welcomed refresh.
Then I guess it's a good thing they will be going from 77 animatronics in Splash to three animatronics and some screens and smoke machines for Tianna's

Smiley/OCD

Then I guess it's a good thing they will be going from 77 animatronics in Splash to three animatronics and some screens and smoke machines for Tianna's
Yup, and you notice you haven’t heard one peep from Tony Baxter since D23…I don’t care if he’s retired, the “ambassador” or any other title you want to give him…this has to be a REALLY BAD WEEK for him…

Midwest Elitist

Yup, and you notice you haven’t heard one peep from Tony Baxter since D23…I don’t care if he’s retired, the “ambassador” or any other title you want to give him…this has to be a REALLY BAD WEEK for him…
It makes me feel better with the thought "Disney doesn't deserve to have a ride as good as Splash".
There's actually A LOT of people who are making a trip this weekend for the closing.

MerlinTheGoat

I was told it won't rely heavily on screens and will still have a ton of AA's, actually increasing the quantity over Splash. A claim I now believe may well hold water (beyond the fact that I trusted the source already).

The most recent art shows the first interior scene right after the first drop (Slippin Falls). This current scene at WDW contains 8 AA's (5 geese and 3 frogs). The art showcases 11 AA's (Tiana, Louis, 6 mammals and 3 frogs). The question is whether the other scenes follow this pattern. And hope they don't use face projection. Still plenty of ways to ruin the ride...

aladdin2007

I was told it won't rely heavily on screens and will still have a ton of AA's, actually increasing the quantity over Splash. A claim I now believe may well hold water (beyond the fact that I trusted the source already).

The most recent art shows the first interior scene right after the first drop (Slippin Falls). This current scene at WDW contains 8 AA's (5 geese and 3 frogs). The art showcases 11 AA's (Tiana, Louis, 6 mammals and 3 frogs). The question is whether the other scenes follow this pattern. And hope they don't use face projection. Still plenty of ways to ruin the ride...
I would worry it will be like frozen, one scene well populated put together, and the next barren, and the next curtained off except for one side, and maybe the finale fairly populated, something like that...Heres the one thing Im going to miss that I think really created atmosphere,,,not only the loss of the briar patch in story and theme......but all of the tree foliage overhead in the scenes,,,if they rip all that out its not coming back even if it did in a new form it wont be nearly as full and substantial is it is now. I just hate how the mountain is going to be de-mountain-ed so to speak and turned into a swamp.,,thats really rich. Wouldnt be surprised if Space Mountain is next, they seem to not want the iconic mountain ranges anymore, such a shame. Gotta water everything down to preschool.

Smiley/OCD

And we all know there’s a HUGE difference between artists renderings, “trusted sources” and real life…You’ve heard the term “pumping smoke up your a**”. I really don’t care about geese and frogs, etc. I want to see a MULTITUDE of full sized AA’s just like Splash…and you’re probably right, the AA’s will have face projections. If it’s good enough for Mickey and Minnie, good enough for Anna and Elsa, It’ll be good enough for Tiana…

Drdcm

I’m sure this has been mentioned in the 566 pages, but I wonder how this will impact the other lines in MK moving into the summer. This always seemed like it held a lot of people at once.

Smiley/OCD

I’m sure this has been mentioned in the 566 pages, but I wonder how this will impact the other lines in MK moving into the summer. This always seemed like it held a lot of people at once.
It will have an effect…yes, Tron will help reduce a large portion BUT there are also MANY people (like my wife), who don’t do coasters…THAT will definitely hurt.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
What Classic Splash does so well is not overwhelm every scene with animatronics but spaces them out for a very even experience. Take the first 5 scenes;

Geese- 8
Movin' Along- 4
Turnin' Around- 4
Rabbit Trap- 3

Now I'm afraid those spots will turn into:

Geese- 11
Movin Along- 0
Turnin Aound- 0
Rabbit Trap- 5 (Assuming the bottom pic is the rabbit trap as speculated and the shadow animals are projected)
Tiana-Splash-Mountain.jpeg

Ayla

I had that hunch. I've been noticing that from Disney Dining recently. Usually every headline there or on ITM is grossly misleading but has a grain of truth in it. This one was outright lying. Unless you post on April 1, don't post a headline that says to the effect "Florida to sue over Splash Mountain Closure" then say at the very end, "Oops! That's from a satire site."
ITM is garbage.

surfsupdon

Will we still have the Magic Kingdom Mountain Range??! Space, Splash, and Big Thunder? Will it be Space, Tiana's, and Big Thunder?

It's a new overlay, yes, but why can't we still call it Splash Mtn??! (All things I feel Disney execs dont't think of because they don't know/care)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom