News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

I've actually heard Sonic and Sonic 2 music used recently in things (commercials and the like).
Weird. I assume because of the new movie? I’m not too big on the Genesis soundtracks. Sonic 2 and 3 are pretty catchy, but I prefer the rock music of Sonic Adventure or the orchestral of Sonic Unleashed.

tirian

I’m pretty sure they won’t just play the soundtrack over speakers throughout the ride (not sure if anyone is suggesting this).

Consider how the current Splash handles the singing- audio is “spatial” in that each animatronic character has it’s own voice, and any characters playing instruments has the sound coming from that instrument. Audio cues are timed to the ride vehicles, and the mood of the music changes to support the storyline.

I haven’t seen any reason Disney wouldn’t do as good a job with the PatF music as they did with Splash (or any other attraction).
Maybe if they record a new soundtrack, it can actually sound like proper New Orleans Dixieland Jazz and south Louisiana zydeco. Also, maybe the accents shouldn’t sound like Georgia.

signed, someone who has been there many times

The moment the opening song said, “Dreams do come true in Nuuuuu Or-leeeeens,” I facepalmed. That was before Tiana spread honey on the beignets.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just wait till they get a load of the RnRc retheme!
(THIS IS A JOKE. OR IS IT?¿)
If WDW is going to re-theme RnRC to a "Sonic" theme, this is the Sonic I want to see:
1600477853167.png

GoneForGood

Maybe if they record a new soundtrack, it can actually sound like proper New Orleans Dixieland Jazz and south Louisiana zydeco. Also, maybe the accents shouldn’t sound like Georgia.

signed, someone who has been there many times

The moment the opening song said, “Dreams do come true in Nuuuuu Or-leeeeens,” I facepalmed. That was before Tiana spread honey on the beignets.
As someone born in NOLA, and lives in Louisiana.. This.
They definitely should try to fix some things for thematic purposes. (That is, if WDW is still going in on PATF as it's retheme.)

P.S. Also, I am surprised I wasn't the only one doing double takes with the honey thing...(Let alone all the flavor/booze infused ones Disney's been doing..:oops:)

solidyne

Also, Areosmith was under Disney's label at the time. That Armegeddon song was a huge hit. The band at that point was an IP of The Walt Disney Company.
Aerosmith has been signed to Columbia for most of their career, save for some albums with Geffen. The soundtrack (1998) was a one-off and was a joint release by Columbia and Hollywood (Disney). Columbia, due to included artists like Aerosmith and Journey. Hollywood, due to the movie's being a Touchtone picture. Aerosmith really can't be considered to be "under" Disney's label.

Granted, the single was huge.

Incomudro

To be honest I honestly have no idea how they will re do this ride, unlike Maelstrom a favorite of mine and a ride I knew the track layout of, this ride will require heavy theming, it’s like 4 minutes long, that’s a lot of content I feel Princess and the frog does not contain to entertain us for that long, UNLESS they shorten it. Leave it Imageering to wow us but I wish it was something else although it will be hard to see it go...

Take a good close look at the illustration for the Princess and the Frog retheme.
There's not much of anything actually done.
All of the structures are still there, just painted over.
That doesn't give me much belief that the retheme for this ride is going to go all in.

tirian

As someone born in NOLA, and lives in Louisiana.. This.
They definitely should try to fix some things for thematic purposes. (That is, if WDW is still going in on PATF as it's retheme.)

P.S. Also, I am surprised I wasn't the only one doing double takes with the honey thing...(Let alone all the flavor/booze infused ones Disney's been doing..:oops:)
One of my best friends is a New Orleans “Yat”! She and her husband live off Magazine near the Garden District, and I always stay with them when I’m visiting the city — usually right after Mardi Gras and a return trip around Christmas.

The movie was obviously made by people with no understanding of the city or its culture, and only a shallow, passing comprehension of the bayou, voodoo, and Evangeline. The Shreveport joke was clever.

Just the same, I liked TPATF movie, and waived the cultural inconsiderations as typical Hollywood ignorance.

tirian

Take a good close look at the illustration for the Princess and the Frog retheme.
There's not much of anything actually done.
All of the structures are still there, just painted over.
That doesn't give me much belief that the retheme for this ride is going to go all in.
It’s not. But it actually works for DL, which has a comparatively lousy version of Splash anyway.

But Florida’s Splash Mt. is a masterpiece. Only a fully realized WRE could compare, and it would arguably be more thematically correct anyway. I don’t know if today’s WDI has the chops to pull it off.

Brer Oswald

Why wouldn’t Disney have checked with Tokyo before making this huge, game changing announcement? Going back on it would look very, very bad.
It would be “very, very bad” if they continued to try to push the narrative that they’ve been going with, lead by their former CEO. But if he left and they instead pushed the more accurate narrative, it wouldn’t be much of an issue.

Brer Panther

Why wouldn’t Disney have checked with Tokyo before making this huge, game changing announcement?
Because this was a knee-jerk reaction to the petition and all those people claiming that Splash Mountain is racist on Twitter. Bob Iger saw this as his opportunity to finally be free from Song of the South existing once and for all. They clearly didn't think this plan through.

celluloid

Because this was a knee-jerk reaction to the petition and all those people claiming that Splash Mountain is racist on Twitter. Bob Iger saw this as his opportunity to finally be free from Song of the South existing once and for all. They clearly didn't think this plan through.

This for sure. Over wanted to pander. And they thought the money would be much better much quicker when the left hand gave the right hand the announcement. They thought movies would be back and Disneyland would be open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom