News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brer Oswald

I'll give you Twilight Zone, so '94 there. But if you're comparing Aerosmith to a kids show that I've never heard of, you're delusional. Even then that's 1999. Avatar was the highest grossing movie of all time at the time of the arrangement.

I'm sure more negotiations have taken place under Iger for theme park rights, but the only ones we know about were Potter definitely and Lord of the Rings probably.

But if you'd like to keep being a contrarian I'd be happy to continue to engage.
A kids show? It’s a million selling video game series that debuted on the N64. Once standing with the likes of Super Mario and Donkey Kong. The characters recently had a resurgence in Super Smash Bros.

I know that 10% of this forum actually plays video games. But there was a rumour floating around a few years back that Disney was looking into doing a film adaptation.

Ldno

Disney at this rate is just cutting ip’s left and right that are not theirs, we all know they ditched RnRC in Paris it’s a matter of time before they do it in DHS, hell I know deep down eventually Tower of Terror will get to the chopping block, maybe even retheme more like it’s Tokyo counterpart, heck they could get away with the whole area changing into a tourist destination for the Society of Explorers and Adventures. I only say this because i guesstimate disney pays 10million to aerosmith each year and this year put the strain on their budget so who knows.

britain

A kids show? It’s a million selling video game series that debuted on the N64. Once standing with the likes of Super Mario and Donkey Kong. The characters recently had a resurgence in Super Smash Bros.

I know that 10% of this forum actually plays video games. But there was a rumour floating around a few years back that Disney was looking into doing a film adaptation.

Would it fit Frontierland better than PatF?

UNCgolf

I play video games.

Even when it was released (which was a very long time ago) it was not a major IP -- almost no video games were at the time, to be honest. It was never comparable to Mario (Super Mario 64 sold like 5x as many copies as Banjo-Kazooie).

It's not comparable to Avatar, Aerosmith, or even Twilight Zone. Twilight Zone has far more name recognition among the general public (especially back in the early 90s, considering there was a movie released in the 80s) than Banjo-Kazooie has ever had.

celluloid

Also, Areosmith was under Disney's label at the time. That Armegeddon song was a huge hit. The band at that point was an IP of The Walt Disney Company.

Brer Oswald

I play video games.

Even when it was released (which was a very long time ago) it was not a major IP -- almost no video games were at the time, to be honest. It was never comparable to Mario (Super Mario 64 sold like 5x as many copies as Banjo-Kazooie).

It's not comparable to Avatar, Aerosmith, or even Twilight Zone. Twilight Zone has far more name recognition among the general public (especially back in the early 90s, considering there was a movie released in the 80s) than Banjo-Kazooie has ever had.
Super Mario 64 was a pack in title. Of course it sold more.

UNCgolf

Super Mario 64 was a pack in title. Of course it sold more.

It wasn't.

There seems to be a relatively widespread misconception that it was, but Super Mario 64 was never included with the purchase of an N64. It's just that basically everybody who bought an N64 also bought Mario. The only time the N64 had a pack in title (I think) was a special edition with Donkey Kong 64.

Brer Oswald

It wasn't.

There seems to be a relatively widespread misconception that it was, but Super Mario 64 was never included with the purchase of an N64. It's just that basically everybody who bought an N64 also bought Mario. The only time the N64 had a pack in title (I think) was a special edition with Donkey Kong 64.
You’re right, but it was one of only two titles for the system to launch with. The only other time that happened was with the Switch and BotW.

Parker in NYC

I play video games.

Agreed. My dad can identify Mario. He wouldn't know Banjo-Kazooie from Bowler Hat Guy in Meet The Robinsons.

UNCgolf

You’re right, but it was one of only two titles for the system to launch with. The only other time that happened was with the Switch and BotW.

That's true, but it's not really the reason for the huge number of sales. Most of the sales came well after the launch period when other games were available, because not that many people bought the console when it was first released (partially due to shortages, I think). I think Mario sold something like 500k copies through the first few months of release and was up over 10 million 4 or 5 years later.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Star Wars.
"low level". They bought the theme park rights to that and Indy in the 80s.

FWIW, Banjo Kazooie sold 3.65 million units (10th all time) for it's N64 release. This is being compared to the likes of Avatar and Star Wars from a valuation standpoint. This is beyond delusion.

Also, for those keeping track at home, Aersomith has 150 million album sales.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom