News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the Tigger

It just seems totally unnecessary and anachronistic. What’s wrong with showing her as a successful restaurateur? For me at least, the concept of an employee-owned coop places us squarely in the contemporary age, while the stuff about the salt dome is just weird (it’s also counterproductive, drawing more attention to the elevation “problem” than if they’d just ignored it).
As a fan of the “Once Upon A Time” TV series, I like that this rhymes with her storyline on that show. She became an entrepreneur and I think started with a beignet food truck.

As for the ride, I tend to hang back and see what actually happens rather than criticize along the way. Creative processes (and construction projects) evolve for all kinds of reasons, sometimes totally unexpected “happy accidents.”

The ride will still be the ride. The ambiance will change. Similar to Norway/Frozen.

The last time I rode Splash was several years ago, and then several years before that. While I appreciate it, it never became a favorite worthy of the line for me.

I look forward to trying the new version once and then resuming ignoring the mountain. 🤣😉

donaldtoo

Just wondering if this has been brought up, or if anyone else here has had this thought (and yes, I’m going to nitpick ;))…
Song of the South is set in Georgia, which has plenty of mountains (Brasstown Bald being the highest at 4,784’) and streams/creeks, which fits thematically for Splash Mountain, even though the Frontierland location (at WDW) of the attraction is, technically, thematically off.
I’ve been to NOLA twice, and not only are there no mountains (or natural hills) even remotely close to anywhere near there, most of the city is below sea level (5% in 1895, 30% in 1935, etc.).
The highest point in Louisiana is Driskill Mountain at a whopping 535’, and it’s in northeastern LA, nowhere near NOLA or a bayou, and without a stream/creek anywhere near it.

There, I’ve picked the nits…!!!!! :hilarious:

TwilightZone

Didn't GiveMeTheMusic also confirm the new direction for "Tiana' was actually going to be pretty good?
Yep they have! (for some reason I can't edit quotes in)
Won't happen unless his exit agreement were to be torn up for some reason.

And he is heavily involved in Tiana Mountain, which is a good sign!
I think it was, at first. The project has really evolved in a good way, despite the weird model at D23.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just wondering if this has been brought up, or if anyone else here has had this thought (and yes, I’m going to nitpick ;))…
Song of the South is set in Georgia, which has plenty of mountains (Brasstown Bald being the highest at 4,784’) and streams/creeks, which fits thematically for Splash Mountain, even though the Frontierland location (at WDW) of the attraction is, technically, thematically off.
I’ve been to NOLA twice, and not only are there no mountains (or natural hills) even remotely close to anywhere near there, most of the city is below sea level (5% in 1895, 30% in 1935, etc.).
The highest point in Louisiana is Driskill Mountain at a whopping 535’, and it’s in northeastern LA, nowhere near NOLA or a bayou, and without a stream/creek anywhere near it.

There, I’ve picked the nits…!!!!! :hilarious:
It's going to be based on the Avery Island salt dome.

No, that's not a joke.

548ab06b-a329-43d8-8729-06b7a2778677-Cargill_Salt_Mine-1492.jpg

Oh and it collapsed recently and killed some people. So that'll be fun for the clickbait.

MerlinTheGoat

First time he saw it, like the rest of us 🤣

I don't know how you interpreted that from the tweet. Baxter was there next to the model, therefore he's never seen it before and isn't involved?

He also doesn't need to have seen the model to be involved either. The salt mine portion of the attraction weren't even his ideas AFAIK. I imagine he's more involved with the interior, hopefully.

Tha Realest

I don't know how you interpreted that from the tweet. Baxter was there next to the model, therefore he's never seen it before and isn't involved?

He also doesn't need to have seen the model to be involved either. The salt mine portion of the attraction WEREN'T even his ideas AFAIK.
It was a joke. But a little odd such an integral figure of the remodel is just walking the floor like a normal, ex-Imagineer and there’s no record of any interviews from him giving any updates.

But here’s another tweet. Why would he say such a thing if he was already “back” at Imagineering for over a year working so much on Splash?

FoodRockz

i dont know about spalsh in MK but in DL, last time i rode it I was drenched, i mean soaked. people were pointing at me when i was leaving the ride. It was fine though, i thought it was funny and bought a new shirt at the winnie the pooh gift shop. but my shoes and pants were stil wet for a while lol
DL Splash always gets me more wet than WDW Splash. It's also scarier!

MerlinTheGoat

It was a joke. But a little odd such an integral figure of the remodel is just walking the floor like a normal, ex-Imagineer and there’s no record of any interviews from him giving any updates.

But here’s another tweet. Why would he say such a thing if he was already “back” at Imagineering for over a year working so much on Splash?

He isn't "back", he is a third party consultant of sorts. James Cameron isn't an imagineer or Disney employee either, but was massively involved in Avatar Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom