News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Capture.jpeg

Personally I thinkt they can use a water tower in WDW, but make it blend into the mill/barn that exists to somewhat keep the theme. Planting the big water tower kills any vibe of a Frontier

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
This all sounds SO much better than what I feared.
I hope it's true!
• Louis story was dropped because the rumor is they couldn't find out what to do with the Laughin Place other than make it a salt mine
• Jim Cummings recently confirmed that Ray is not returning
• No doubt they would've mentioned Facilier by now if he were part of it.
• Plus Keith Davis wasn't listed in the ride cast at D23
• None of the film songs will be reused

Disstevefan1

• Louis story was dropped because the rumor is they couldn't find out what to do with the Laughin Place other than make it a salt mine
And the stupidity C O N T I N U E S . . .

Sir_Cliff

That doesn’t necessarily preclude it from using familiar music. Frozen Ever After is a sequel ride as well, but it uses the same tunes with different lyrics overlaid in places to convey an alternate narrative.
Yes, I would be super surprised if they just ditched the original soundtrack and started from scratch. I could see them maybe commissioning a new song for the ride, but not an entirely new soundtrack.

MerlinTheGoat

As others have said, that missing trumpet version is apparently no longer the concept being used. It was prior to the salt mine version. I guess the more swampy exterior with Mama Odie's boat atop the hill. And while the salt mine exterior is still pretty stupid, it's better than losing 85% of the animatronics and having a mostly empty video screen based ride (which is apparently what the trumpet variant would have done). The salt mine version is supposedly keeping the animatronics and even adding a decent amount of new high end ones (for the humans I assume). We'll see though.

I don't know if they plan on using zero music from the movie (would be a bit odd if they didn't), but they are apparently pushing it as a tie in to the D+ series. That is a musical series with both new songs and also a number of new characters. These new songs and characters presumably will appear in the ride. The ride is supposedly set after the movie but before the series.

For the record, the series, music and new characters seem to be extremely well received from people who have seen/heard tests. And people who were extremely negative about this overhaul are now becoming happy with it (again aside from the salt mine exterior). Assuming again that any of this second/third hand info is correct. It's not my own first hand knowledge.

Incomudro

Well... There goes that. LOL
Along with any hopes I had.

Incomudro

As others have said, that missing trumpet version is apparently no longer the concept being used. It was prior to the salt mine version. I guess the more swampy exterior with Mama Odie's boat atop the hill. And while the salt mine exterior is still pretty stupid, it's better than losing 85% of the animatronics and having a mostly empty video screen based ride (which is apparently what the trumpet variant would have done). The salt mine version is supposedly keeping the animatronics and even adding a decent amount of new high end ones (for the humans I assume). We'll see though.

I don't know if they plan on using zero music from the movie (would be a bit odd if they didn't), but they are apparently pushing it as a tie in to the D+ series. That is a musical series with both new songs and also a number of new characters. These new songs and characters presumably will appear in the ride. The ride is supposedly set after the movie but before the series.

For the record, the series, music and new characters seem to be extremely well received from people who have seen/heard tests. And people who were extremely negative about this overhaul are now becoming happy with it (again aside from the salt mine exterior). Assuming again that any of this second/third hand info is correct. It's not my own first hand knowledge.
Much as I'm all for keeping animatronics - as I've said before - in and of themselves they don't make a great ride.
Lots of animatronics in a bad concept, with poor execution won't make this ride better than losing half of them if the ride was overall better if done another way.
As in key characters and elements that made the film fun, including the original music.

999th Happy Haunt

Absolutely hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom