News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 672554
This is the adress on the permit? Splash is 1180 Seven Seas Dr, Orlando, FL
1665721903404.png

UNCgolf

Maelstrom needed more ride system work, but still, the point stands. If they are just reskinning AAs, changing set dressings, and doing the exterior work, I guess it’s possible.

They also did some some pavilion construction as part of FEA, right? I feel like they did something with the queue that didn't exist before, so it was more than just a retheme of the existing ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They also did some some pavilion construction as part of FEA, right? I feel like they did something with the queue that didn't exist before, so it was more than just a retheme of the existing ride.
They took the old see-the-movie-about-the-country-which-we-didn't-make-part-of-the-ride theater room into an extended part of the water course. That alone was a major engineering revamp.

Then they had a whole new queue.

And there weren't pre-existing AAs to be reskinned as characters of the film. They instead created new AAs.

Because... AAs always make the ride special!!

celluloid

They took the old see-the-movie-about-the-country-which-we-didn't-make-part-of-the-ride theater room into an extended part of the water course. That alone was a major engineering revamp.

Then they had a whole new queue.

And there weren't pre-existing AAs to be reskinned as characters of the film. They instead created new AAs.

Because... AAs always make the ride special!!

They changed the old loading station area into the current scene 1.

They just made the old unloading and post show area unloading/loading and the queue. There were not any drastic water course changing as you describe.

Disney Glimpses

There's little to no financial upside here. Companies don't spend a lot of money on things with little to no financial upside. I personally am expecting a very long and dark scene that requires little to no theming (other than some "mist" and lights) to reduce the burden. Splash Mountain is simply too long and too complicated of an attraction to be done correctly under these circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom