News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

milordsloth

This is the original press release. There’s nothing in it that I saw about interacting with it
In the roundtable video they released talking about the ride there's a quote from Charita Carter saying: “So Tiana actually invites us as the Guest to go on an adventure with her in the bayou and the fun thing about it is that we, as the Guest, we are active participants in this adventure."

That's all I can find about the ride being "interactive". I don't have the time right now to actually watch through the video to get the timestamp but that's what was reported.

Disney Analyst

In the roundtable video they released talking about the ride there's a quote from Charita Carter saying: “So Tiana actually invites us as the Guest to go on an adventure with her in the bayou and the fun thing about it is that we, as the Guest, we are active participants in this adventure."

That's all I can find about the ride being "interactive". I don't have the time right now to actually watch through the video to get the timestamp but that's what was reported.

Right, and that is regular PR spin for Disney, to get across it will be an immersive, story based attraction.

We are considered active participants on a number of Disney attractions.

EPCOT-O.G.

I don't think it's meant to suggest that the ride will be affected by anything the guests do. Rather than being passive observers, the guests are involved as characters, in the same way the reader is in a second person POV (in the literature sense)

LittleBuford

It’s in the original press release I don’t have the link to it right now but I’m sure if you just type in the retheme they give you a description and you will see in there that it says guests will be able to interact
As others have said, you may be confusing the (standard) claim that the ride will be immersive with the idea that it will be interactive. I don't believe we have any reason to think the latter.

EPCOT-O.G.

As others have said, you may be confusing the (standard) claim that the ride will be immersive with the idea that it will be interactive. I don't believe we have any reason to think the latter.
Yes. I think the knock on previous dark rides is we just move along past various show scenes without any feeling that we are "in" the story - that we just move alongside of it.

mitchk

That’s how it used to be …fingers crossed that’s how it will be ..but… Just watch how much different it’s going to be ..especially with the small timeframe that they’re redoing it in… I guarantee they will be screens… Trust me

mitchk

Yes. I think the knock on previous dark rides is we just move along past various show scenes without any feeling that we are "in" the story - that we just move alongside of it.
Cough cough… Snow white scary adventure.. cough cough.. Mr. toads wild ride… Cough cough… Peter Pan‘s flight .. I think most people get it… At least they should

RSoxNo1

Also, the backing out of the Theater were for structural reasons once they started prodding the foundation.

There is nothing structural with a retheme that would prevent a retheme short of trying to reroute the boats, which they aren't doing.

So, let's all stop using Main Street Theater as our magical Talisman of Denial.
I've seen that story recently, Where did it come from?

Incomudro

That’s how it used to be …fingers crossed that’s how it will be ..but… Just watch how much different it’s going to be ..especially with the small timeframe that they’re redoing it in… I guarantee they will be screens… Trust me
No one has said there won't be screens.
It's how they will be utilized that's the question.

Jimmy Thick

I think this refurb will definitely happen just based on riding the ride and it’s current condition.

Splash Mountain has been left for dead.

First the whole ending sequence is about 95% intact with everything working as far as I can tell and looks amazing.

Everything before that not so much. Most of the recorded dialogue is out of sequence in all the other scenes, it’s noticeable and bad. Right before the drop there was noting said at all you just see a shaking Brer’ Rabbit and the Wolf animation with no context.

The biggest issue is the lighting. The ride is super dark. It’s like they turned off half the available lights.

I also noticed what I think looks like service hatches in the ceiling open as our flume flumed by. It has to be some kind of service door because it has a latch on it. I don’t think a guest can touch it but it’s noticeable right before the laughing place. Whatever this is it’s been open two days straight. Bad show.

Probably my final chance to ride this classic, my fondness for the perfect working version continues to grow I wish it could have gone out like my memories.

Also I did notice a couple generic looking SM circular pins at the shop after the ride two days ago. Don’t know if they are still there.

SweetDuffy101

Well, Tokyo isn't having Tiana at all. Splash Might be rethemed into the zootopia franchise.

and the park has now started removing Splash Mountain (Song of the south related). according to attraction description.

Stupido

Those appear to be reskins of the AAs that are already in place. The porcupine is a frog now. The turtle is a frog now. Etc.
Absolutely! But there seemed to be a concern for quite some time that all of the current AAs were going to be ripped out to be replaced with only screens. This proves that won't be the case.

Smiley/OCD

How funny, all of the concept art we're seeing seems to be full of animatronics. Where are all the screens? 🤔🤔🤔
That's called bait & switch...oldest trick in the book. With half the people against the change, do you really think they want to add more fuel to the fire by showing screens? I think it's fair to say TWDC and Chappy are dumb...but they're not THAT dumb...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
You think we'll get some actual concept art anytime soon? I mean, these last two videos have been well and good, but I feel like they are more Disney trying to prove "they did the research" as opposed to "this is what we're actually going to do". It'd be nice to see actual work on a animatronic, or a story board, or concept art for a scene on the ride we are familiar with (like the lift hill, or the riverboat, or the loading area).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom