News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

yensidtlaw1969

What a bad name. How can you get ride of the Splash Mountain name? Why not name it Tiana's Splash Mountain if you want her name in there somewhere
The entire premise of this redo is to move further away from Splash Mountain and itā€™s inhabitants.

Keeping any part of the name would serve only to remind people of the ride Disney wants people to forget.

LittleBuford

Well at least we have progress with the people on this forum now. We went from full denial that this was still happening at WDW, to now ā€œ2 years is too long to redo this attraction, itā€™s going to be cheaply done, dooms day is hereā€.
Not that I want to join the naysayers, but I have to say that the latest update has me worried about the story, or rather lack thereof (and I was largely optimistic till now). I really hope the ride lives up to its name and features some kind of adventure.

Disney Analyst

Not that I want to join the naysayers, but I have to say that the latest update has me worried about the story, or rather lack thereof (and I was largely optimistic till now). I really hope the ride lives up to its name and features some kind of adventure.

I have no doubt there will be some fleshed out story many will complain about on here.

I can already see the laments:

ā€œThey donā€™t create things like Pirates, or Haunted Mansion, where the story is more up to you and your just riding through a really great environment that is highly themedā€.

Lil Copter Cap

I like the logo. And I love that it emphasizes Bayou Adventure. It evokes a nod to the naming convention of something like Jungle Cruise. With IP being involved, I'm grateful it's just Tiana's name and not a case of GotG. Cosmic Rewind is a rather fitting and, personally, awesome name for an attraction...but that franchise name is a mouthful.

And I agree with the belief that Disney wants to move away from the name Splash Mountain because of its current divisiveness.

I do think this could surprise us. To repeat an earlier sentiment I shared in this thread awhile back: Disney can't afford to mess this up. You anger fans wanting the change ("Tiana was only worth a shoddy thrown together retheme??") and lovers of the OG attraction ("They did THIS to our beloved ride???").

One thing is for (hopefully) certain: No big blue boxes in sight.

LittleBuford

I have no doubt there will be some fleshed out story many will complain about on here.

I can already see the laments:

ā€œThey donā€™t create things like Pirates, or Haunted Mansion, where the story is more up to you and your just riding through a really great environment that is highly themedā€.
I agree there will be those who will hate it regardless; I'm clearly not among them! My concerns come directly out of the video and its almost relentless focus on "research" and "authenticity". I'm worried we're going to get something very earnest and pleasant rather than something exciting, dramatic, and plot-driven.

Brian

Might as well just add `Adventure` to all the rides' names. ;)

• Avatar Flight of Passage the Adventure
  • Na'vi River Journey Adventure
  • Star Wars: Millenium Falcon ā€“ A Smugglers Run and Adventure
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance's Adventure
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway Adventure
  • Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Adventure
  • Tron Lightcycle Run Adventure
  • Moana: Journey of the Adventure of Water
  • Tiana's Bayou Adventure
How can you leave out the GOAT?

The American Adventure Adventure

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

I will give them to D23 for sharing some more - this was just a mention at a festival they are just sponsoring/participating in ... I wouldn't expect tons of time spent on it here

If we get nothing new at D23 I will get a bit worried

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom