News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

yensidtlaw1969

What’s the over under that Haunted Mansion at DL is on the chopping block for a future Tiana ride?
Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Come on, now.

yensid67

The name is OK for Disneyland since they have New Orleans Square, But at WDW it will be a little harder to see how the name itself fits into the lands...unless they retheme the end of Frontier and Adventure lands to New Orleans!? What I think is a problem, is the time frame...2 years (assuming Splash closed at the end of this year, it usually goes down for refurb in the winter anyway, so just close it after New Year's. But still, I think 2 years is ridiculous time to be down for a reimagine. They SHOULD have been designing and getting things ready since 2020 when it was announced...this way the ride would only be down for a few months...not 2 years! This is what Disney is doing wrong...it takes them too long to build anything. Avatar and Star Wars took 4-5 years. Universal is building a whole park in 4 years! In cases like this, Disney needs to step up their game!

Ghost93

The name is OK for Disneyland since they have New Orleans Square, But at WDW it will be a little harder to see how the name itself fits into the lands...unless they retheme the end of Frontier and Adventure lands to New Orleans!? What I think is a problem, is the time frame...2 years (assuming Splash closed at the end of this year, it usually goes down for refurb in the winter anyway, so just close it after New Year's. But still, I think 2 years is ridiculous time to be down for a reimagine. They SHOULD have been designing and getting things ready since 2020 when it was announced...this way the ride would only be down for a few months...not 2 years! This is what Disney is doing wrong...it takes them too long to build anything. Avatar and Star Wars took 4-5 years. Universal is building a whole park in 4 years! In cases like this, Disney needs to step up their game!
Maybe they can give Big Thunder Mountain a paint job and retheme it — thus getting rid of the Frontierland theme altogether.

The video released today on Tiana's Bayou Adventure showed underground salt mines. Could Big Thunder Mountain get an underground salt mine theme?

LittleBuford

Maybe they can give Big Thunder Mountain a paint job and retheme it — thus getting rid of the Frontierland theme altogether.

The video released today on Tiana's Bayou Adventure showed underground salt mines. Could Big Thunder Mountain get an underground salt mine theme?
Goodness, I hope not.

Frontierland has managed just fine with Southern encroachments for many decades. I don't see why New Orleans is any more of a challenge to the theme than Georgia is.

Haymarket2008

It is a horrible name. The logo is the antithesis of what a water thrill ride should be. They recorded a "research trip" from two weeks ago to try to market this. The whole things stinks to high heavens and the company is actively devouring its own legacy. I'd leak what they're up to but they still haven't solidified anything other than three animatronics.

This has Journey Into Imagination written all over it.

In regards to Imagination, are you referencing it being downgraded like the original?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has there been any discussion as to how a ride themed to the Bayou will fit in Frontierland in MK? I would imagine it would take either a lot of mental gymnastics or a massive land overhaul or addition to make the bayou fit.
Not with Disney.

Among us, there should be an honest realization that from HM to BTMR, the theming is all over the place, chronologically and geographically. So, out of place attraction replacing out of place attraction is the norm.

Now, WDW *could* extensively retheme the whole are to be more cohesive. But we don't know if they will.

gerarar

Premium Member
Might as well just add `Adventure` to all the rides' names. ;)

• Avatar Flight of Passage the Adventure
  • Na'vi River Journey Adventure
  • Star Wars: Millenium Falcon – A Smugglers Run and Adventure
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance's Adventure
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway Adventure
  • Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Adventure
  • Tron Lightcycle Run Adventure
  • Moana: Journey of the Adventure of Water
  • Tiana's Bayou Adventure

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Heard somebody that knows things/people:
  • Said that the closures are likely to start in January on both coasts, but it's not set yet.
  • Likely downtime 20-22 months (estimate).
  • Also it will be an "extensive redo" and has "potential to be quite popular and well-done"
2 years is nuts & again no reason a quite popular & well done Tiana could not have been elsewhere or brand new…. Last time i checked Splash was quite popular and well done. That was when they actually cared about maintaining this ride the proper way….

tanc

Tiana presentation is soon, hope to hear something else either today or on Sunday during that WDW presentation but if we have to wait for D23 to hear anymore information, that'll just be stupid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom