News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think the issue at Animal Kingdom is that it would be a long walk past a lot of empty land. At EPCOT you're walking through Future World (I know that's not the name anymore but it's an easier way to describe the whole area) and then past World Showcase countries. At AK you'd have about a half mile walk through nothing to get all the way up to where Rafiki's is now.

Of course they could develop the land north of the Jungle Trek/Kali and east of the Safari, but I'm not sure what kind of restrictions they'd have in that area due to its location near animal facilities.
Yes, replacing the train with a walk presumes developing the North of Kali land so that you're walking through a themed environment.

Tha Realest

Heard from insiders tonight: It's off due to Space being remade in Tokyo and the upcoming Tommorowland remake in California.
kacey musgraves what GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

doctornick

Heard from insiders tonight: Splash remake is off due to Space being remade in Tokyo and the upcoming Tommorowland remake in California.
Well I hope it is true since it was a stupid plan to begin with. And seems plausible given what some insiders said earlier recently. That said….

I think they still should build a proper attraction for Tiana somewhere. Wouldn’t mind them adding a New Orleans themed area to MK (say north side of RoA) with that as a centerpiece.

Also if a Splash change is truly off they need to actually refurb it and get it back to show quality

James Alucobond

I mean, Tiana deserves a place in the parks. This was just never the correct place for her, especially in Disney World. And in general, why re-skin something that has literally never waned in popularity? Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain don't need any help. If you were going to re-develop something in Frontierland, why not Tom Sawyer Island?

MagicHappens1971

Well I hope it is true since it was a stupid plan to begin with. And seems plausible given what some insiders said earlier recently. That said….

I think they still should build a proper attraction for Tiana somewhere. Wouldn’t mind them adding a New Orleans themed area to MK (say north side of RoA) with that as a centerpiece.

Also if a Splash change is truly off they need to actually refurb it and get it back to show quality
I think the only way to get out of not redoing Splash would be to announce that a new build Tiana attraction/area is coming (and soon), but also this would be a PR nightmare for Disney. They basically came out and said Splash was racist and it’s being redone for that reason.

Tha Realest

I think the only way to get out of not redoing Splash would be to announce that a new build Tiana attraction/area is coming (and soon), but also this would be a PR nightmare for Disney. They basically came out and said Splash was racist and it’s being redone for that reason.
Yep. It’s tough to walk that back. That said, is it possible the contingent pushing those efforts no longer hold the same sway they once did?

doctornick

They really didn’t. They hyped up adding a PatF ride in terms of diversity and inclusion. They never really said that Splash was a problem (we know it was a big factor but that Isn’t what the releases said).

That why I think the most important thing would be to build a Tiana ride somewhere in terms of PR.

Last edited:

doctornick

Yep. It’s tough to walk that back. That said, is it possible the contingent pushing those efforts no longer hold the same sway they once did?
Allegedly this was the brainchild of Iger or at least pushed heavily by him. Chapek reportedly wasn’t as excited by the idea. Don’t know if that’s really true but some have suggested it. Could explain the change of heart🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom