News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorMercury

Sounds about right - "We are excited to announce that Splash Mountain at both The Magic Kingdom & Disneyland Park will at some point close for a transformation into a brand new, all-inclusive but not-very-diverse water-ride, Lame Adventures with Princess Tiana! We know you're as excited as we are for this amazing attraction!"

Hopefully some booing occurs.
“What’s the plot of the attraction? Good question! We sure don’t know! We’ll figure it out as we go along”

msg7

Apologies for the ignorance as it's been a long time since I've been on not only this thread, but the forums as well... I have a lot of catch-up to do but would appreciate it if someone can fill me in quickly... Obviously, the project has been delayed substantially, but do we think there is any chance it gets held off completely (at least for the MK version?)

SailorMercury

Apologies for the ignorance as it's been a long time since I've been on not only this thread, but the forums as well... I have a lot of catch-up to do but would appreciate it if someone can fill me in quickly... Obviously, the project has been delayed substantially, but do we think there is any chance it gets held off completely (at least for the MK version?)
Magic Kingdoms? Yeah. It’s a big thing that involves Tokyo not wanting theirs to change and Disney wanting Tokyo to fun both rides to change and it’s kinda complicated. I’m sure someone else will be more fit to get into the nitty gritty

msg7

Magic Kingdoms? Yeah. It’s a big thing that involves Tokyo not wanting theirs to change and Disney wanting Tokyo to fun both rides to change and it’s kinda complicated. I’m sure someone else will be more fit to get into the nitty gritty
Just watched the video and now have an idea of what's going on... Anxious to see what happens! Thanks for keeping me in the loop...

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Magic has been pushed back based on the board. Possibly til after the 50th in 2023.

EagleScout610

Premium Member

It seems Splash is approaching 2012 levels of broken. Bit worrisome. Here's what I could see wrong:
How Do You Do

• Mr. Bluebird not moving.
  • Shadow and 2nd bunny dialogue not working.
  • Br’er Bear not going up and down in trap.
  • Br’er Bear not moving at all.
  • Br’er Fox jaw broken.
  • Hopping Br’er Rabbit working
  • Actual animatronic slumped over, frozen
  • Br’er Frog not moving.
  • Possums not moving.
  • No animation at top of dip-drop.
  • Br’er Fox no audio
Laughing Place
  • Frogs mouths not moving.
  • Turtles mouths not moving.
  • Vulture speaker blown.
  • Br’er Fox shadow not working.
  • Unsettling grinding noise at top of big plunge.
Finale
  • Banjo Gator neck stuck.
  • At least 3 geese/hens removed from Zip a Dee Lady.
  • Middle can-can goose broken.
  • Zip a Dee Lady not rocking.
  • Br’er Fox/Gator audio not playing.
  • Br’er Gator not moving.
  • Mr. Bluebird not fluidly moving.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Premium Member
image0.png

Also seems like one of the turtles decided to go au natural to work

This channel speculates that 'Splash Mountain' at Disneyland will most likely be closing this winter and the new rethemed ride will probably open in the fall of 2023 at the earliest. Things over at Disney World in Florida are a little more complicated. 'Splash Mountain' will probably remain open there for most of the park's 50th anniversary celebration and close in early 2023. The new ride probably won't open until 2024 or 2025.

IveBeenJack

@MansionButler84 said that as well. Also with Orlando its a little more complicated
I created this video. I based the Winter timeline off @MansionButler84 info regarding the topic. Since the video has been out, I have had a source reach out stating that the 2022 closure will be general maintenance at Disneyland. And then the retheme project may not begin until 2023, which does strike me as odd as why announce if they're going to wait 3 years before anything is done. Not a good look imo.

ToTBellHop

I created this video. I based the Winter timeline off @MansionButler84 info regarding the topic. Since the video has been out, I have had a source reach out stating that the 2022 closure will be general maintenance at Disneyland. And then the retheme project may not begin until 2023, which does strike me as odd as why announce if they're going to wait 3 years before anything is done. Not a good look imo.
That would be rather surprising with the CEO bringing up this project again, but Disney takes forever to do anything, so perhaps.

Animaniac93-98

Since the video has been out, I have had a source reach out stating that the 2022 closure will be general maintenance at Disneyland. And then the retheme project may not begin until 2023, which does strike me as odd as why announce if they're going to wait 3 years before anything is done. Not a good look imo.

That would be rather surprising with the CEO bringing up this project again, but Disney takes forever to do anything, so perhaps.

This is after Disney said the re-theme was being fast-tracked in November, and the original announcement last year mentioned how this has been in development for some time.

I think all this talk is smoke and mirrors to deflect criticism in the interim because it's clear now the project had only just been given the formal green light in 2020.

Animaniac93-98

I'm trying to think of another time where Disney announced it was retiring an attraction more than a year before they actually did.

I guess the closest would be the "glowing away" campaign for the MSEP in 1996, but I'm pretty sure that was less than a year.

EDIT: Tower of Terror at DCA might be one example

Sharon&Susan

I'm trying to think of another time where Disney announced it was retiring an attraction more than a year before they actually did.

I guess the closest would be the "glowing away" campaign for the MSEP in 1996, but I'm pretty sure that was less than a year.

EDIT: Tower of Terror at DCA might be one example
Tower of Terror DCA closed around 5 months after the initial announcement at Comic Con 2016.

I think Snow White at WDW was announced to be closing at the beginning of 2011 and closed end of spring 2012.

Animaniac93-98

LittleBuford

I think that's the more popular opinion.
Here it may be, but the guest ratings over at TouringPlans tell a different story:

As always, the declinism and nostalgia that characterise this forum need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom