• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - attraction discussion only

Bocabear

I suspect that some of those who are suggesting the addition of an educational exhibit emphasising the current theme’s African roots would have reacted very badly had Disney gone down this didactic route before 2020. I can just imagine the cries of “Why are the woke mob forcing their cultural agenda down our throat?” and “Can’t we just enjoy a ride about animals without being preached at?”
Actually it would have been great from the start...It is always nice to know the origins of the source material... Like Cinderella in France and Pinocchio from Italy...

LittleBuford

Actually it would have been great from the start...It is always nice to know the origins of the source material... Like Cinderella in France and Pinocchio from Italy...
Perhaps you've always felt this way about Splash Mountain. I just don't recall any references to the ride's educational value or potential before the announcement of the retheme.

FulcrumSolo

Splash was in a pretty dire state yesterday. Lots of broken animatronics, broken water features, and just in an overall drab shape.

Neglecting maintenance definitely points to the retheme going forward.
Buddy of mine went a little less than a week ago and he said that Splash looked the best it’s been in a while, with Million Dollar Bunny being the only thing that wasn’t working.

jt04

I’m honestly fine with it at this point. If done well PatF can be a solid improvement.

Whether it will be done well has yet to be seen, but until it opens we won’t know.

WDW will have the benefit of guest feedback from DL. Since it will likely be a year or two later we could get an improved version.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Even before the change was announced, the only way to ride Splash Mountain and see effects working consistently was to ride it at TDL.
IMG_20210625_155326_697.jpg

Scenes like this at Tokyo are better than Orlando and mop the floor with California

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom