News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

SailorMercury

Splash was in a pretty dire state yesterday. Lots of broken animatronics, broken water features, and just in an overall drab shape.

Neglecting maintenance definitely points to the retheme going forward.
Buddy of mine went a little less than a week ago and he said that Splash looked the best it’s been in a while, with Million Dollar Bunny being the only thing that wasn’t working.

jt04

I’m honestly fine with it at this point. If done well PatF can be a solid improvement.

Whether it will be done well has yet to be seen, but until it opens we won’t know.

WDW will have the benefit of guest feedback from DL. Since it will likely be a year or two later we could get an improved version.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Splash was in a pretty dire state yesterday. Lots of broken animatronics, broken water features, and just in an overall drab shape.

Neglecting maintenance definitely points to the retheme going forward.
I heard last week it was fine except for MdB. Then again Splash does suffer from little technical strokes every so often and

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Even before the change was announced, the only way to ride Splash Mountain and see effects working consistently was to ride it at TDL.
IMG_20210625_155326_697.jpg

Scenes like this at Tokyo are better than Orlando and mop the floor with California

EagleScout610

Premium Member
With d23 coming up, think we'll get anything announced about Splash? I think we'll just get the mention and that's it

MagicHappens1971

I’d say a Disneyland closing date and a small mention of WDW. (If any mention at all of that one)
If they decide to go ahead with MKs redo, I wouldn’t imagine they would close it now, or anytime until close to if not after the 50th celebration, which is 18 months from October 1st. Just my two cents

91JLovesDisney

Prob the usual spiel about Tiana and bringing diversity to the parks for like 4 seconds then talk about EPCOT
Sounds about right - "We are excited to announce that Splash Mountain at both The Magic Kingdom & Disneyland Park will at some point close for a transformation into a brand new, all-inclusive but not-very-diverse water-ride, Lame Adventures with Princess Tiana! We know you're as excited as we are for this amazing attraction!"

Hopefully some booing occurs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom