News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Max Duane

That's just it - they have made such a splash about this, no pun intended, that they really have to go all out. This can't be some cheap overlay. There is a lot of show space in there to fill, and it needs to be high quality. There is a lot riding on this - including the fact that it will be the first ride to feature a non-white Princess - can you imagine the reaction if it was filled with sub-par animatronics? These need to be Frozen Ever After level, in a lot longer ride.

This is going to be pricey.
I totally agree. Splash is a big ride. Like there are so many theming elements that will have to be redone, it’s crazy. But I’d much rather have them hold off for 5 years or whenever they’re financially ready to properly retheme it as opposed to a cheap reskin with obvious elements of Splash sticking around and/or missing. Empty space is my main concern for this ride, considering there are so many animatronics and kinetic motion involved in it.

tanc

I just hope this won't become screen: the ride more than anything. At least in star wars you walk around but I just don't know. The sequences I just hope are well implemented. The dark water room in splash mountain is so good.

UNCgolf

Quid pro quo? Baxter reluctantly helps Disney with Splash overhaul and they let him "come out of retirement" to head the Imagination redo.

As good as Splash is, I'd trade it for an updated version of the original Imagination ride, or at least something equally as impressive without IP.

Not that I think there's any chance whatsoever of Baxter being given control over it.

The Aracuan Bird

As good as Splash is, I'd trade it for an updated version of the original Imagination ride, or at least something equally as impressive without IP.

Not that I think there's any chance whatsoever of Baxter being given control over it.
Yeah that’s far fetched to me. If Baxter left the Splash retheme project, it’s either because it was progressing to be a huge disappointment (potentially removing tons of the America Sings animatronics he wanted to preserve) or Disney let him go because they didn’t want to pay for his advice.

Not so sure this rumor is even true, and if it was, how much input did he realistically have under his role? My guess is not a lot.

UNCgolf

Yeah that’s far fetched to me. If Baxter left the Splash retheme project, it’s either because it was progressing to be a huge disappointment (potentially removing tons of the America Sings animatronics he wanted to preserve) or Disney let him go because they didn’t want to pay for his advice.

Not so sure this rumor is even true, and if it was, how much input did he realistically have under his role? My guess is not a lot.

I'm pretty sure his role in the Splash Mountain retheme is (or was, if that's true) mostly symbolic.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

I believe Baxter was there so they could pretty much say how they had the original creator of Splash on board

celluloid

That's just it - they have made such a splash about this, no pun intended, that they really have to go all out. This can't be some cheap overlay. There is a lot of show space in there to fill, and it needs to be high quality. There is a lot riding on this - including the fact that it will be the first ride to feature a non-white Princess - can you imagine the reaction if it was filled with sub-par animatronics? These need to be Frozen Ever After level, in a lot longer ride.

This is going to be pricey.
If Disney has proven anything, they know don't have to do anything and they can typically get away with it and distract.

The company has dropped entire lands after announcing them within televised anniversary specials.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20210511-213957_Instagram.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom