News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - attraction discussion only

Chi84

Premium Member
Advertisement
Junior Woodchucks. Adventure storyline. Easy to theme around Fronterland/Western motif. The show frequently features myths and legends and folktale storylines. Granted, it's just a terrible as PatF but at least it'd be classic Disney characters. And a way to bring them to MK. I could even see them incorporating a Lester's Possum Park (from a Goofy Movie) callback in the attraction.
If there's one thing we can say from this re-theme, it's that Disney is not looking to stick with "classic" Disney characters. The new characters in today's films will be tomorrow's classic characters.

Brer Oswald

Haha. I'm saying it's doable not that I'd want them to do it. But yes, I'd still prefer it over PatF.
When in doubt, Ducktales. It's the universal IP.
I certainly agree that DuckTales works as a universal IP. It’s a brief off shoot from Mickey Mouse, with Donald Duck. Scrooge and the Boys are also part of the Mickey Universe. You also have access to Ludwig Von Drake, who came from Wonderful World of Color (the offshoot of the Disneyland show).

I don’t think they want to spend it on Splash.

Surferboy567

I certainly agree that DuckTales works as a universal IP. It’s a brief off shoot from Mickey Mouse, with Donald Duck. Scrooge and the Boys are also part of the Mickey Universe. You also have access to Ludwig Von Drake, who came from Wonderful World of Color (the offshoot of the Disneyland show).

I don’t think they want to spend it on Splash.

The problem with Ducktales is that music isn’t an important factor. Which I think should be important on any Splash replacement.

Last edited:

Magicart87

Premium Member
The problem with Ducktales is that music isn’t an important factor. Which I think should be important on any Splash replacement.
Simple. Just make a story about finding a lost harmonica or banjo or something. lol
(But I get your meaning. In that regard, PatF is a better fit. But I still don't like it for WDW.)

Brer Oswald

I agree. However, you could make the case that they could create new music. You could also reuse “How Do You Do?” (Cause really, there isn’t anything wrong with that song, nor anything specific you can tie to the existing IP). The PatF music as is doesn’t fit the Florida Ride. They could always re-record it in the Bluegrass style.

Surferboy567

I agree. However, you could make the case that they could create new music. You could also reuse “How Do You Do?” (Cause really, there isn’t anything wrong with that song, nor anything specific you can tie to the existing IP). The PatF music as is doesn’t fit the Florida Ride. They could always re-record it in the Bluegrass style.
I agree with this take as well. They could definitely make music.

Their really isn’t anything wrong with any of the songs in Splash in my opinion.

Now, I kinda want to hear some PATF songs in Bluegrass, just to hear what that sounds like.

Brer Oswald

I agree with this take as well. They could definitely make music.

Their really isn’t anything wrong with any of the songs in Splash in my opinion.

Now, I kinda want to hear some PATF songs in Bluegrass, just to hear what that sounds like.
It would be interesting. If this comes out exactly as they announced, I’d like to see them go the extra mile.

kingdead

Simple. Just make a story about finding a lost harmonica or banjo or something. lol
(But I get your meaning. In that regard, PatF is a better fit. But I still don't like it for WDW.)
Problem is, they've already said it was PatF. Had they not announced that, they could pick from any existing IP to redo the ride. Now if they pick another IP, the message is that stories with black protagonists aren't worth a theme park ride.

Like I said before, log flume rides are fun and people will ride no matter what but there's no reason to make the ride "the one that's supposed to have black people in it" if there's any way to do a decent remake with the announced theme.

(They COULD do that mountain-with-waterfall that Black Panther fights on in Wakanda, I guess... It looks incredibly CGI in the movie so it would be all right to have it look a little cheesy in real life...)

Brer Panther

I remember seeing that the entire retheme was designed to only replace Disneyland's version while nothing for World due to the proximity to New Orleans Square. Maybe that'll be the end result
It'd still suck to lose Disneyland's, but at least the Magic Kingdom's would be spared.
The only candidate for MK's Splash Mountain now is Ducktales.
The DuckTales reboot sucks. Keep it out of Splash Mountain.
MST3K for Star Tours! Just imagine: C3P0 is now replaced by Tom and Crow as they take you through Disney's cheesier movies.
I dunno if I'd WANT this, but it sounds like it would unironically be a lot of fun.

Top Bottom