Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuttle

They'd say it and return anyway. Disney's a drug and rehab never fills up.
I haven’t been to the parks since 2018. After years of complaining I finally cancelled my annuals. Haven’t missed it a bit. The removal of Splash sure isn’t getting me back anytime soon.

I’ll be selling my shares in the company as soon as they go back to 120. Them cutting their dividend to appease the mob was my final straw. I really don’t care about being a customer or a shareholder anymore.

Parker in NYC

Even though I was mocked for saying it yesterday, my household is not renewing our passes when they come up for renewal (after 15+ consecutive years). We're going to take some time off and simply go to DS or the resorts here or there. We've just not been having great experiences in the parks lately, and this decision was just sad for us.

(We're still UOAP, SW / BG, and Legoland APs.)

It's probably a good time not to renew, considering the state of the world and the restrictions happening at Disney. It's a good break.

21stamps

Right. Disney's audience is a diverse mixture of groups. Disney has to decide which of those groups it wants to focus on serving well, and which ones it doesn't. Increasingly, serving one group well means crossing another group, doesn't it?

I don’t really agree with this. As with music, a movie or show can have any fans from anywhere of any color, religion, gender, nationality. You’re not taking from to please another.. unless and until it’s intentional.

The reaction to the “Elsa is gay!” shouts, is because assuming that a strong independent woman must be a lesbian, is a tired old trope. It’s a horrible stereotype that should be long gone by now, but sadly is apparently not.

The_Jobu

Even though I was mocked for saying it yesterday, my household is not renewing our passes when they come up for renewal (after 15+ consecutive years). We're going to take some time off and simply go to DS or the resorts here or there. We've just not been having great experiences in the parks lately, and this decision was just sad for us.

(We're still UOAP, SW / BG, and Legoland APs.)

I wouldn't mock you. I'm impressed by people that actually vote with their wallets.

Parker in NYC

I haven’t been to the parks since 2018. After years of complaining I finally cancelled my annuals. Haven’t missed it a bit. The removal of Splash sure isn’t getting me back anytime soon.

I’ll be selling my shares in the company as soon as they go back to 120. Them cutting their dividend to appease the mob was my final straw. I really don’t care about being a customer or a shareholder anymore.

I guess I was wrong! More room for me. I only say that because it's often said on forums and I've never had a chance to use it.

orlandogal22

Interesting, I like knowing what people's line in the sand would be. I think ToT or CoP would be my breaking point.

Any of my household's Top 5 were breaking points. Top 5 were SM, CoP, JC (or SFT), HM, or PP. BTMR coming in as Honorable Mention.

Not saying we'll never go back. Like I've said, we're 20 mins. from the park. Hard to stay away. But we're going to take a break.

Brer Oswald

Uh, oh... you just reminded me the Mansion makes reference to people that committed suicide... we must erase those images from the attraction lest it be seen as the glorification of suicide and one of the precious minds that sees it might harm them self because of it... Quick start a petition.
Someone beat me to it.

The_Jobu

Unfortunately it seems that CoP’s days may be limited according to WDW Pro, but idk if that’ll actually happen as things could shift within the diversity committee that’s looking into a handful of attractions.

Yeah, that really worries me. Updating the final scene would be great, maybe a total update, but if they completely rethemed it to a character or just closed it, it would really affect me.

_caleb

I don’t really agree with this. As with music, a movie or show can have any fans from anywhere of any color, religion, gender, nationality. You’re not taking from to please another.. unless and until it’s intentional.

The reaction to the “Elsa is gay!” shouts, is because assuming that a strong independent woman must be a lesbian, is a tired old trope. It’s a horrible stereotype that should be long gone by now, but sadly is apparently not.
So you think there's a way for Disney to treat all of its fans equally? How would you know if that was achieved?

lebeau

I am a liberal. I think publicly displaying the confederate flag is terrible. I also think parts of our history is terrible and it’s about time the real Columbus is portrayed to those who didn’t know his doings. However, changing this ride due to a vocal minority is wrong and dangerous. Will me having the picture below on my wall be seen as flying a confederate flag? I hope not. What about wearing a Splash Mountain shirt at the park? Will you get asked to turn it inside out? What’s next on this slippery slope? Tom Sawyer Island? Some of the parts on the railroad? Country Bears? Come to think of it, the golden age of Hollywood was racist, sexist and full of violence. You couldn’t be LGBT and if you were pregnant and not married the studios would force issues. Let’s get rid of Hollywood Studios too.

I better take my picture down. Again I am a bleeding heart liberal and I have these views. This is scarier than the virus.
View attachment 479628

That slope sure does look slippery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom