Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottamus

Coming from a person who has yet to ride Splash Mountain, I probably won't notice anything different when I don't ride it when we get to go back.

Or it will awesome that I'll never see when we go back...

either way.

Brer Oswald

I totally get it. Splash was one of my favorite rides, but I am very open to this change. I just feel like as a Black person who’s been spending so much money at these parks, I finally feel like I exist to Disney. I understand how you guys could mourn the loss of this attraction, but this change is important. I didn’t have the privilege to see people who look like me being featured in a major attraction (or any attraction at all) growing up. I see both sides of this.
So again. Why not also make a PatF Ride in addition to Splash? It can’t be much more expensive. It adds capacity. It doesn’t turn away loyal fans.

I am glad Princess and the Frog is getting an attraction. Great representation. Great songs. Great visuals. The last traditional feature animation film for Disney to date.

I am sad Splash Mountain has to go away. Fun memories for me. And, superficially speaking, fun songs, fun visuals, and the best storytelling work of any Disney attraction, past or present.

I feel this way exactly. Thank you for saying this.

PrincessNelly_NJ

You are assuming those of us that are sad about the change think that what Tiana represents isn't important. That isn't the case, at least not for me. I welcome a PATF attraction into the parks but mourn the loss of an attraction I love. I wish there was a respectful way we could've gotten both.
I don't think anyone has an issue with this.

This thread was cleaned up ALOT. There was some clear and well defined veiled ignorance that had nothing to do with the ride.

Speedy71

Lot of new Members popping up all of a sudden. 🤔 At this point tear the whole mountain down and give me this instead.

tmesapc.jpg

lebeau

Hear me out... for you its a small group because it may not come up often in your circles but I know many people who were uncomfortable.

Sometimes, we should step back and realize that sometimes these changes aren't for you or your circles.

We have a habit of surrounding our self with like minded people which can give us a false sense that our similar opinions are the loudest opinions.

THIS!

Brer Oswald

Honestly, I’m going to have a hard time going now that it’s gone. I’m not saying that to be mean or anything. I hope the new ride is good for you guys. But I can’t justify paying money when the experience is just going to make me feel bad.

Thankfully, Universal is opening Super Nintendo World. So at least I’ll have somewhere to go to get my Theme Park Fix.

celluloid

What joke or argument? I must need more coffee. 😂

But yeah, I agree. Love them. And one of my fondest first memories of MK is the rowing in the Davy Crockett canoes over to TSI.

Those were great. I just prefaced it because it seems people are shocked to find how awesome Tom Sawyer's Island still is. I guess beause it is not a headlinder people go to commonly, I wanted to preface it for others saying it has already died.

So again. Why not also make a PatF Ride in addition to Splash? It can’t be much more expensive. It adds capacity. It doesn’t turn away loyal fans.

Because it was explained in this thread 200x that your fave ride stems from a movie that was basically hidden from the public eye......wait for it

has racial undertones.

Why do you think that this movie was hidden from the public eye? I went home and GOOGLED this ride as a child and found out what it came from. Imagine you have a child who is black and they found out that their favorite ride came from a racist movie. you have your answer here.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Honestly, I’m going to have a hard time going now that it’s gone. I’m not saying that to be mean or anything. I hope the new ride is good for you guys. But I can’t justify paying money when the experience is just going to make me feel bad.

Thankfully, Universal is opening Super Nintendo World. So at least I’ll have somewhere to go to get my Theme Park Fix.
Honestly, I think you might be pleasantly surprised. If you can list the things you loved about Splash, you might find those thing overlap with PATF and as they release more concept art, you might still feel all the charm you once loved.

orlandogal22

Yes. SUPER excited for Epic Universe.

GeneralZod

I know what those code words mean! Wanna throw in a "thug" for good measure?

I asked for examples of Disney trumpeting their wokeness and you posted links to materials that did not originate with Disney. So you have not in any way refuted my point.
I don't understand your first sentence, but I don't think it would be possible to refute your point with your level of cognitive dissonance.

Doodlelicious

To be honest am I surprised this happened, no. What boggles my mind is Splash Mountain was one of the most popular attractions not only in the Magic Kingdom, but throughout all of WDW. It really shows anything can really occur to make change happen. I am not saying that the new re-themed Princess and the Frog version won't be spectacular because it probably will, but my one big concern is it just does not fit with the Adventureland theme. I will trust the Imagineers that they will do this justice in the change and I hope they can find a way to somehow keep at least some of the original theming to the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom