Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupBone

And that is a slap in the face...

Take them all. Don’t go Halfway to save money. Either it’s a “stain” on the park and an affront...or it’s not.

Haha and that's the rub. They'll reskin it cheaply and be done with it. Let's face it, the Disney of old doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for some time. I think giving her a proper ride is a great idea, this is a slap in the face to both PatF fans and Splash Mountain fans.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I was too young to care enough at the time, but how do people think this compares to losing Toad for Pooh?

CaptainAmerica

Splash Mountain is my favorite ride, sure the ride isn't racist itself, but word got around that it is based off a racist movie. When ever someone new comes to ride it theres always the person that goes "you know this is based off a racist movie"? At that point I think it is for the best, it's just not great PR to have this brought up every time something happens.

Hopefully with baxter as the creative lead we can get a suitable replacement that's just as good as the last.
*whispers*

The movie isn't racist, either.

Mouse3268

EbXzV6xWAAEpgn5

PrincessNelly_NJ

So you're saying EVERY SINGLE RIDE before 1989 should be changed? That's almost everything in Magic Kingdom and most of Epcot.... I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're just trolling because if you're being serious that is just absolutely ridiculous to want to change every single 30+ year old ride.
Now I'm a troll? Okay...

Yes. over time, rides should be changed. Everyone agrees Epcot was in need of serious updating...

trainplane3

Hey Disney. Listen. Since you're dragging Tony back out to work on this, how about you give him a project he isn't being forced into in order to maintain his "consultant" status. You know...some dragon?

The funds should've been directed to literally any other project. Splash was in really good shape as of recently. Space Mountain...Imagination...Buzz...Stitch...should I keep going?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom