Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlasoon

Oddly enough, in my experience, the racists really are white people who think that they own the thoughts, feelings, and experience of minorities like me. There's one in this thread discounting my whole family's experience because it doesn't match what he believes to be true. It's sad, really.

A whole culture completely replaced by cheap labor from the south. I wonder why? But by all means, keep pointing the finger at the white 'folks'.

Homemade Imagineering

It's a Small World is likely to receive changes, but Carousel of Progress will soon be given the Stitch Treatment. That's the word I've got from someone connected to the committee working on these changes. If you want to enjoy CoP, you'd better ride it soon, because just like Br'er Rabbit, there might not be a great big beautiful tomorrow much longer.
I’d that’s the case I would assume HOP is also basically done for...

jaxonp

No, because you keep saying it over and over again and keep missing the point.

It's not about adding a new ride. It's not about finding a place for Tiana.

It's about getting rid of any references to a racist movie, regardless of how whitewashed that association tried to be.

We should remove the racist presidents from the HOP as well while were at it.

Beacon Joe

Morocco has yet to formally abolish slavery. Where's the reimagineering?

Oh, burrrrn.

Technically, they did per a French mandate. But there's something like 90K people still enslaved in that country today.

Now, let's talk about China. Will Disney take a stand against China's treatment of the Uighyrs?

No, didn't think so.

comics101

They 100% bend to the media and change for those reasons.... This is for sure a result of the potential of negative press.... No other reason to change a ride that is considered the best of the best in Disney.

Potential is the key word there. That’s the part that really gets me about this decision. Does anyone honestly believe that in Splash Mountain’s 25-30 years of operation, more than 2 people have ever complained to Guest Relations about Splash Mountain’s inherent racism??

This is so beyond silly.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

I've been telling people this, and only now are they beginning to understand.

This is getting crazy. ToT was always my breaking point, but if they actually retheme CoP, I dont know if I want to go anymore, seriously.

Queue people saying "good, more room for me!"

bryanfze55

I do wonder if Hall of Presidents is long for this world. It glorifies the position of the presidency and in doing so, glorifies men who some people want to erase from history. Can we have a stage show glorifying Jefferson if we can’t have statues of him?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They raise prices to increase Per Guest Revenue Spending, not to cull crowds.

I'm getting this from Iger's quarterly talks. He mentioned the problem with guest satisfaction with MK being too crowded and how the surge pricing and off-peak discounting is purposely done so as to reduce MK crowds during peak times.

The yield is a nice benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom