Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriofTerror

Screenshot_20200625-151340_Twitter.jpg

Roy G. Dis

"Social justice" does not exist. If it does, the followers & practitioners intent then is to make the entire civilization (as defined by them) adhere to what is "just" (as defined by them). How tolerant! Point this logic out to them...and you're a (ludite, racist, bigot, denier, etc, etc) Straight out of a certain manifesto...

View attachment 479185

Sir I think you meant to go to facebook.com. <----- Just click on that blue thing right there.

hokielutz

Exact opposite, you're going to see all that stuff disappear quicker than @realBobChapek hairline. Splash is a liability now. I wouldn't be surprised that when they keep the ride closed they turn off all the outdoor lightning and put construction walls up asap.

And that may happen, since they just gave life to this internet petition. Give it a day or two and you may see calls for Disney to go that extra step and close it before reopening their parks to show their true commitment.

the.dreamfinder

We need “save Splash Mountain” t shirts. I will go out of my way to tell every CM and manager I see that this is so incredibly dumb. If I see Josh D’Amaro again, I will tell him just how ridiculous of a decision this is. I’m honestly shocked.
Go to City Hall when the parks open. Email D’amaro, Jeff Vahle, and whoever runs the MK these days.

CJR

We need “save Splash Mountain” t shirts. I will go out of my way to tell every CM and manager I see that this is so incredibly dumb. If I see Josh D’Amaro again, I will tell him just how ridiculous of a decision this is. I’m honestly shocked.

Josh will probably agree with you. I believe this is being pushed by someone even higher up than him.

CoasterSnoop

That makes sense especially considering the financial situation of the company... this project is clearly trying to send a bold message, garner some sympathetic press, and breathe life into their stock price

The announcement of the project, yes. The project itself, not so much. Considering the financial situation of the company, is a sudden multi-million dollar retheme based on what is currently going on in the political sphere remotely sound decision-making? Again, Disney knows how to run a business, which is why it's a multi-million dollar retheme that has been in the works for longer than a month and a half.

The_Jobu

You're really focused on that.

Yes because that's what we are discussing...

"Enough" is whatever Disney decides.

Obviously. No one is debating that, yet you keep bringing it up. You're deferring to authority, "well if its being done than it must be correct!".

You maintain that if "enough people" are offended by something, then that is enough to enact sweeping change to appease them. "Enough people" is inherently useless, that is not a value. What if the revamp offends people, how many people is "enough people" to change it back to Splash Mountain?

So to break this down to brass tacks, you believe that fact alone that "some people" are offended online, that is sufficient cause to take down a beloved ride. I disagree. There's always someone offended by something, that's not a cause for action.

Thus, you think its okay to take away Splash Mountain as soon as any form of offense is raised and I disagree, I think it is an overreaction. You also said changing the theme doesn't take away anything from the ride, which I completely disagree with.

So, unless you want to breakdown why retheming the ride doesn't take anything away from it, I think we are done here and agree that you think "some people" is a sufficient amount and I do not.

Easy peasy.

jaklgreen

Princess and the Frog is a film where the protagonist spends most of the film as a frog because Disney was scared of how people would react to a black protagonist.

I though that Prince Naveen was Indian or from somewhere in that region. He did not come across as being black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom