Splash Mountain Merchandise

The "Pro"

Original Poster
The photos I have seen from cast member previews and AP previews of people carrying out enormous amounts of Splash Mountain plush or anything from the attraction is a disgrace. Does anyone think that these items will be restocked or that the Briar Patch will remain closed? I wonder how this will be handled if the attraction remains open for some time. I hope these people can't resell any of it.

celluloid

The photos I have seen from cast member previews and AP previews of people carrying out enormous amounts of Splash Mountain plush or anything from the attraction is a disgrace. Does anyone think that these items will be restocked or that the Briar Patch will remain closed? I wonder how this will be handled if the attraction remains open for some time. I hope these people can't resell any of it.

restocking may be hard right now with everything going on, but with the initial rush like that over and the retheme taking awhile if ever. I imagine there will be restocking of many items.

If it is the biggest seller of Disney's merch in the parks right now, they are going to want to keep making money on it. Nothing else is selling that high.

celluloid

I don’t even know if I have ever seen merchandise for Splash.
There is a good amount. The photo exit gift shop has some, and the plushes tend to be more in the Briar Patch Gift Shop. Splash Mountain technically has two gift shops and I feel like the Briar Patch often gets overlooked.
T shirts, throws, towels and plushes/occasional log toy or model over the years would pop up as well. T shrits and plushes remained somewhat constant.

I have a Die Cast theme park ride vehice stylized piece with Brer Bear and Brer Fox sitting in the rows.

Between the extended queue area, Train Station underpass, playground for kids under the height requirement waiting with people who do not want to ride, bathroom, exit gifts, Briar Patch, Bluegrass music and kinetic energy. The WDW Splash Complex is really something of a masterpiece.

ppete1975

This is horrible!!!! Disney is going to see they can make huge profits if they announce a ride will close.
Disneys new strategy
Middle man: we aren't selling much monsters merch
Upper management: post on social media that we are retheming monsters to wreck it ralph
middle man: WE ARE CLOSING MONSTERS????
Upper management: no way.... but watch what happens on ebay
then they just silently never do anything with monsters...

This is going to be disneys new cash cow.... announce closed rides to drive merch sales
Its being called the hold my beer and watch this

ppete1975

ok thats stupid, didnt disneyworld put in rules for APs that they couldnt resell stuff using their discounts? Yes im making assumptions they are aps... but this really looks like either ebay or the websites that sell disney merch at a markup.

BTW thank you for sharing, as always

cookiee_munster

I think it's absolutely disgusting that these people have not been limited to so many items per purchase.

If they are AP holders who have brought these items purely to sell on eBay (at ridiculous prices) they should have their pass revoked.

I've just checked ebay. $11.99 for zip lock bags. Aren't those things complimentary?

Absolutely pure greed. 👎👎👎

JIMINYCR

Its not just Splash items... It happens with every sort of special event and party merchandise as well. Go on E- Bay if you want something bad enough and are willing to pay for it and its yours. Splash merchandise will sell fast and with premium prices. Doesnt phase Disney at all. Theyve made their money at the registers.

ppete1975

Its not just Splash items... It happens with every sort of special event and party merchandise as well. Go on E- Bay if you want something bad enough and are willing to pay for it and its yours. Splash merchandise will sell fast and with premium prices. Doesnt phase Disney at all. Theyve made their money at the registers.
i just thought they had limits with AP, and i think its sad that it appears thats the only reason they went. Sad as in id give just about anything to be able to spend a day basking in the parks, i cant imagine driving there buying stuff and then leaving. Then again im making a ton of assumptions... maybe they bought 2 of everything... maybe its for them... maybe its big stuff and they are getting it while they can (some items are huge after all).
I agree with the premise though, as any of the funkos, popcorn buckets, or tiki mugs always have this.
The funny part is i see this stuff not disappearing anytime soon and will just keep getting restocked :) hopefully disney doesnt notice and start using this as a profit generator.

JIMINYCR

i just thought they had limits with AP, and i think its sad that it appears thats the only reason they went. Sad as in id give just about anything to be able to spend a day basking in the parks, i cant imagine driving there buying stuff and then leaving. Then again im making a ton of assumptions... maybe they bought 2 of everything... maybe its for them... maybe its big stuff and they are getting it while they can (some items are huge after all).
I agree with the premise though, as any of the funkos, popcorn buckets, or tiki mugs always have this.
The funny part is i see this stuff not disappearing anytime soon and will just keep getting restocked :) hopefully disney doesnt notice and start using this as a profit generator.
I can see Disney wanting to wash their hands of anything Splash related. They may be restocking items for a while but I can see them being happy when all things Splash either gets bought out or can be hauled out to the outlets and off property as soon as it can be done.

trolol123

Scalpers are incredibly lame. I'm guessing Disney doesn't want to put a limit on them either though because they're probably trying to generate as much good will with anyone willing to go into the parks and drop $$$ after being closed for a few months.

Still, shame on them.

Figments Friend

Glad I have the collectibles I do, but regretting not picking up some plush last visit.
At that point I still had mixed feelings on wether or not I liked the new designs.

I had my eyes on a vintage Br'er Rabbi plush from the 80s for $25 on eBay some months ago and didn't take it....now kinda wish I did.
I've been wanting to get a plush version of the character for some time now.

I think it's going to be a while before the prices come back down to Earth.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom