splash mountain merch

pumpkin7

Original Poster
Hello one and all. I am posting from slightly damp orlando!
I am looking for splash mountain merchandise but can't find any. I was quite surprised that the Briar Patch store seemed to be completely void of all things splash! Why??
Anyway does anyone know where I can find anything? I'm after anything really. We are moving into a house and are naming it The Briar Patch so would like an item or two. Thanks!

Donald96

Hello one and all. I am posting from slightly damp orlando!
I am looking for splash mountain merchandise but can't find any. I was quite surprised that the Briar Patch store seemed to be completely void of all things splash! Why??
Anyway does anyone know where I can find anything? I'm after anything really. We are moving into a house and are naming it The Briar Patch so would like an item or two. Thanks!
The majority of splash merch. is in the store after the ride where photos are purchased. :)

Yert3

Well that makes a bunch of sense! NOT:eek:
If thats the case why did the Mouse go along with creating Splash Mountain and then proceeding with building it in other parks.
That was way before they cared and tried to keep it referenced as little as possible. It started in 2001. Splash Mountain opened in 92 and DL's opened 89. Look it up
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_of_the_South
Go to the home media section. Iger has been quoted on calling the film "fairly offensive." I don't agree with him but I'm just trying to back up my point.

AndyS2992

I went in 2011 and bought loads of Splash Mountain merch. I got two T shirts, a towel, key ring and photo frame with the onride photo in it :)

lilclerk

I got a pretty neat mug there last year. It was one of the only good pieces of attraction-specific merchandise I could find.

400005112546.jpg

400005112546-1.jpg

Also, @WDWFigment, I'm not sure if your wife would be happy or upset to hear that when I googled "splash mountain mug" a picture of her was in the top ten results ;)

MickeyPeace

Like others said, the store after the ride. As much as I love the ride, the characters and the film, the merch needs a lot of help in the design dept. I've tried hard to spend money there but never have. And it's a shame about the briar patch store. So well done and packed with generic Disney goods, pins and Vinylmation that you could buy at your local Disney store.

Figments Friend

Yeah, what the others have mentioned...the tiny shop you are forced to walk through as you exit the ride ( and pick up ride photo purchases ) is the place to grab what little SM Merch there currently is being offered.

Earlier this year they had some tye-dye t-shirt designs that were decent, some large beach towels, small PVC figurines of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear, as well as a few small plastic toys. The pull-back racing Log with the three main characters in it was a neat momento.

Photo frames are also availible of course, as are small plush versions of Brer Rabbit.
There was also a bobble-head figure of Brer Rabbit being offered....not sure if this is still availible though.

You do not have to ride to visit the shop. Simply head for the restrooms under and beyond the Frontierland railroad station near SM.
Walk past the restrooms that will be on your right, and head straight ahead into the doorway that will likely have people exiting.
Boom...SM Merch galore!

Happy Shopping!

:)

pumpkin7

Original Poster
Thanks guys.
We did ride the other day and we walked through that shop but could only see t shirts, and a CM was holding a stuffed rabbit and making it wave at people.
I just thought there may have been more. Obviously not! But I will take a better look around that store; it was looking kind of generic which is why I didn't take much notice.
It's sad that they like to disassociate themselves with Song of the South. I've seen it, and the only offensive thing in it is that it's set on a plantation. But that's how things were in the era that it is set, and was probably still happening when the film was made. And to be honest, I bet most people do some research into Splash Mountain so they know its ideas were from the Song of the South. Brer Rabbit/Bear/Fox are only a story within it anyway.

DfromATX

I noticed the lack of good stuff also. SM is my favorite ride - I love it! We were just there about 2 weeks ago and I really wanted to take home something unique to remind me of my favorite ride. While I love my souvenir, I had to settle on a Tshirt. It's pretty cute - green and blue with the characters on it and says "Splash Mountain Looking for Trouble".

pumpkin7

Original Poster
Just a quick update:
Went into the store today. There were about 3 different picture frames, one of which looked like complete tat (it has like a shiney plastic backing. looks awful) and some t shirts. Nothing else. Very disappointed, but wasn't totally unexpected I guess. I'm going to pay a visit to ebay!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom